Player Discussion Jordan Weal: To Russia With Love... (Weal To Sign in KHL)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You didn't answer the question. Yeah, I know you can send players in the AHL. Wow thanks for the reminder. But if the GOAL is to build through the draft, and we had no problem using Kotka as a 18 year old, why would there be a problem using Poehling? Why do you have to sign Weal is your GOAL as you said yourself is to build through the draft? What's the use? In case Poehling isn't ready? Who cares! We are building through the draft!!!! We are making Poehling learn what is the NHL, he's from the draft, and we are building a team out of guys like that!!!!

Why you have to be so obtuse? And I know you're not...Stop acting...

All these minor signings are just that minor signings, backup plans or whatever you wanna call them.

Your ideology of developing players is quite trash IMO so I'm not even gonna go there.

Didn't we had 1 lately to get Armia? How did the Canes got Teurovainen? Do you think we'll never see them ever again in a cap world? Really? What do you think Toronto will have to do soon?

Are you even able to grasp a point once in a while?

The point was, it's not something that happens at your will!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Your ideology of developing players is quite trash IMO so I'm not even gonna go there. Are you even able to grasp a point once in a while? The point was, it's not something that happens at your will!

Yeah, would love to go there though. Just an easy cop out to say how somebody's evaluations are thrash will not getting into it. As far as grasping a concept, here's one for you....do you think that because it doesn't happen every 2 seconds that it doesn't happen? And that if we don't want to spend money on UFA, you could still spend it on trades?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not for me. I was told he'd never sign below his actual contract per year though....lolllll Strange, people who was saying it just suddenly....dissapeared!!! lol

Good player. Good contract.
Will be interesting to see what happens with Peca...

He's kind of redundant now.

Reactions: Redux91

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, would love to go there though. Just an easy cop out to say how somebody's evaluations are thrash will not getting into it. As far as grasping a concept, here's one for you....do you think that because it doesn't happen every 2 seconds that it doesn't happen? And that if we don't want to spend money on UFA, you could still spend it on trades?
We don't want to spend money? Are you for real?

What the hell is even your point man?

Bergevin was ready to overpay for damn Lucic and he still didn't bite!

What the hell is your argument here?

I clearly told you mine! Players usually DON'T want to sign here!

Firing Bergevin will not fix it...

Reactions: Vachon23

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Will be interesting to see what happens with Peca...

He's kind of redundant now.

Yeah, I would most definately trade him. But could you even get a 5th rounder for him. Or get a player that will pass the waivers so you'll bury in the minors that will help Laval. I don't care.

Reactions: Bloumeister

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
We don't want to spend money? Are you for real?

What the hell is even your point man?

Bergevin was ready to overpay for damn Lucic and he still didn't bite!

What the hell is your argument here?

I clearly told you mine! Players usually DON'T want to sign here!

Firing Bergevin will not fix it...

Wow...you are all over the place today. I said that we need all the money can get. If the point is to NOT spend it on UFA 'cause there are never good things out of this place, which I don't agree, but let say it is...you STILL need the money in case a trade comes your way and that you could get a bad contract with a good player or just a regular trade that will see a guy with a top salary coming your way. You don't give 3M$ per to 4th liners just because you have money to spend. I really have on idea what you are talking about so might as well end here....this is the Weal thread.

Remember? There is a post in there that said that why the fruck would he sign a 1.3M contract 'cause he was making 1.75 last year? Remember that. Stick with that and admit you were wrong....can you do that?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2M$ per? Too much. Give him a 1-year contract at 1.3M$ and then if he does really well, he will have 2.75$ per for 3 years. But in no way what he did at the end of the season is already worth 2M$"

I'll be the first to say you were right. Good job. You were very close on the AAV. I though it was a decent AAV but also thought he would wait it out to get something closer to $2M.

Good job to both Bergevin and Weal's agent for finding a good fit for the team and Weal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Wow...you are all over the place today. I said that we need all the money can get. If the point is to NOT spend it on UFA 'cause there are never good things out of this place, which I don't agree, but let say it is...you STILL need the money in case a trade comes your way and that you could get a bad contract with a good player or just a regular trade that will see a guy with a top salary coming your way. You don't give 3M$ per to 4th liners just because you have money to spend. I really have on idea what you are talking about so might as well end here....this is the Weal thread.

I'm all over the place? What? Get real man!

You're crying and whining for nothing as usual. moving on...
Remember? There is a post in there that said that why the fruck would he sign a 1.3M contract 'cause he was making 1.75 last year? Remember that. Stick with that and admit you were wrong....can you do that?

So Bergevin managed to do even better than I thought and I should feel bad? just get lost dude, for real... Have a good day!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That usual trap I'm falling into it... It's a 2,8M$/2 years. Not a 2,8M$ per year. Phew. From now on, I'm weally good with that signing.

Reactions: Runner77

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So Bergevin managed to do even better than I thought and I should feel bad? just get lost dude, for real... Have a good day!

Wow really? You are the one who laughed at MY proposal saying that it made no sense for him to accept that. He did...and that's what you have to say? Why am I not surprised...lollll By the way, you can continue whining about my posts from now on...you'll do that alone. Have fun.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
It is beyond hilarious how heated some of the boys can get over such little things? Haha you guys gotta go have dinner with your mom or something. Just calm down.
This is a great deal, Weal proved above and beyond that he is a great 4th liner that can move up the line up when need be. Has the speed and skill and the compete level to stick around this league. Now everyone relax or you'll wear yourself out come free agency time geeeeez

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Doing really good. It's good to get the contract early. Like that you can kinda just relax. Enjoy the rest of the summer and start training.”

“It's great you know... Since the day I got there the guys makes me so comfortable. Such a great group of guys. Good room. How we were doing down this stretches we were playing such good hockey. There's much to build on. Then the coaching staff throught out the whole organization is world class. I mean you get back to Montreal and play at the Bell Center. Just the vibes around the city. The buzz about the team. It's something I never seen before. I heard about it but not quite to the extent of how it was... But it's pretty amazing.”

“For the past couple of years I did play for over 160 games in the league. So it's not like I was kinda playing in the A and get called up. Get 16 games and doing that... I think it's was more of a accumulation of what I've done for the last two years. I contributed to the team who have been on.”

“You know it's was just a combination of those things I mentioned before. How they handle our group. You wanna go somewhere where the coach trust you, have faith in your abilities and want you to get you on the ice. I felt like Clode had that trust on me kinda right where I got there which was very refreshing... I hadn't received that in others places that I've been before. If you find that, that's the icing on the cake.”

“I mean it's on and off the ice. On the ice like we're playing good hockey. We all knew that we should be there. Just the excitement and the buzzer about and on that kinda leading us next year. The group of young guys continuing to grow. The veterans we had. That's just kinda really control the dressing room. Make sure that all the guys are accountable and everything runs out in the way it needed. It's just a great mix. Off the ice too. No cliques. Everyone hangs on together. It's definitely good to see.”

“This is what is all about. To play for about 3-4 years in the American Hockey League there's so many guys out there just looking for one chance... Someone who'll believe on them. It's nice to find that. Through out the years you learn that if you find it you just gonna stick around. There's so much talents accross the world in hockey. So much depth. Even in this league. It's crazy... So if you get into a place where you build a trust and understanding between the responsibles it'll be good for everybody.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I got the very same situation stuffs like that... Paul is a lot faster than me. A tremendous guy, person and player. I remember when I got nineteen and got called up into the American League. Seen him in Portland, he was doing what he's doing now. Glad to play with him.”

“It's pretty awesome. That's why we play hockey. It's out of control. Especially, the last couple of games we had. It's a breathing loudness... There's no others real building like that. Maybe Vegas might be close. But I haven't experienced anything like that before... That's for sure.”

“A little bit, yeah... I'm a fan of all sports. It's a good time for sports right now for sure. Mostly games that I know guys playing stuffs like that. I trained in the summer with Martin Jones there for the Sharks.”

“It's kinda miss you. A week after you feel like we should be playing. It was kinda weird watching that. Geez we were so close... We'd still be in this.”

“Hundred percent. I think with the group we've we're looking forward to the PO. With the way we were playing I think we've the abilities to put into a great stretches and keeping rolling.”

“Pretty quiet. I don't think I posted up a picture or anything for two and a half years... I don't have Twitter. So pretty quiet.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad