Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal (F) traded to Arizona for a 2019 6th round pick and Jacob Graves (D)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am obviously in the minority here but I really like Weal’s game and felt like he deserved more time on the ice. He is under sized but he was quick and a very good passer. One of the few playmakers that had success skating the puck in the zone. I would prefer Weal over half the forwards on this team. Anyway....good luck Wealer.

Not only was he the worst forward on this team, he has the lowest DPPG and least RBIs of any forward or defensemen since 1917.

It’s not a stretch to say that if Weal was removed from the team 7 or 8 years ago, we could’ve challenged for a cup by now.

Rm1970

Mar 8, 2018
Not only was he the worst forward on this team, he has the lowest DPPG and least RBIs of any forward or defensemen since 1917.

It’s not a stretch to say that if Weal was removed from the team 7 or 8 years ago, we could’ve challenged for a cup by now.
Well that is a stretch since he wasn’t on the team then. Like I said, I am in the minority but he has not nearly as bad as people are making him seem...IMO

Reactions: Hexxxy

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Good luck to him, I feel like we didn't give him much of a shot. He never had speed around him. He will be able to show what he's got in Arizona.

Reactions: Hexxxy

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Ehhhhh. The Forward group is worse today than it was yesterday. He wasn't going to be re-signed, so it makes sense to move on, but etc. I would have bet he could pull a pick a round or two higher.

especially at the deadline. This screams " im making a trade, beause i want to make a trade" . This is the beginning of Chuck Fletcher slowly deteriorating this club.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
especially at the deadline. This screams " im making a trade, beause i want to make a trade" . This is the beginning of Chuck Fletcher slowly deteriorating this club.
No, this screams “I want to get a pick for a player who doesn’t help now and won’t be here next year”. He had little to no value and being benched for a few weeks wasn’t going to help.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No, this screams “I want to get a pick for a player who doesn’t help now and won’t be here next year”. He had little to no value and being benched for a few weeks wasn’t going to help.

weal is worth more than a 6th round pick. Now is not a time to get good value for him. The trade deadline is optimal time to trade a player like this.

Reactions: VladDrag

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
pretty sure Hexy would have gotten like a 3rd or 4th, but im just happy that he is gone :)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
pretty sure Hexy would have gotten like a 3rd or 4th, but im just happy that he is gone :)

Hextall got a 5th for a similar (albeit younger/contract controlled) player in Cousins.

There just isn’t really market for those guys. They’re better players than NHL people give them credit for but they’re not seen as fourth line types so they end up really having limited options.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
weal is worth more than a 6th round pick. Now is not a time to get good value for him. The trade deadline is optimal time to trade a player like this.
I'm sure the market for him isn't large and it isn't gonna let larger when the non-playoff teams start filling their holes with superior buys. Someone was dumb enough to want a player that was often being healthy scratched so just take what you can get because you might not get another chance.

This isn't like selling off Simmonds for too little and too soon. Weal has no value to anyone but you. ;)

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Thought he would return a 4th but better to get something than nothing.

I like the idea of moving UFA’s early. If someone is willing to offer a 1st+ now for Simmonds, I hope Fletcher doesn’t drag it out and risk an injury.

Reactions: Tripod

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Sweet! Something happened...
What's next? NAK called up to the big show?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
If I was playing in a game where the object was to maintain possession of the puck and skate around without doing anything useful then Jordan Weal would be my first round pick.

other that that he's worthless.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Weal doesn't have a lot of value to a playoff team, he's subpar defensively and lacks great speed.
So on a good team he can't play on the 4th line because he's not a good forechecker.
And he's not really talented enough for a 3C role, as we've seen.
He's more a depth player for a weak team.

Given he's a UFA, and half the season is gone, he wasn't going to garner a lot, unless a player team had some centers injured over the next few weeks.
There will be a number of 3Cs available the next few weeks who are better than Weal.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don't really understand this trade unless its to open a spot or something.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Yes, trading Weal is a surefire way to take this club from the basement to relegation to the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad