Jordan Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
16 yr old Jordan Staal scored the game winning goal tonight to help the Petes clinch their opening series vs. Belleville. The rookie had 3g and 2a in the 5 game series and was an impressive +7 overall.

My question is how did Staal look in the series and how has he improved over the season? His numbers weren't overly great thru the year, but he seems to have been better since the start of the year.

Who thinks Staal will get consideration this summer for the Canadian U18 World Junior Cup team? It will be a team made up of entirely '88 born players.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Jordan has improved so much, He is probablly the best guy on Faceoffs on the Petes, I say better then Ryder......He is getting stronger and gaining confidence, he's playin with Hunter and Beljo, there playing so well together as the third line and are getting plenty of playing time. Staal will be great next year, hes going to come back bigger and stronger and will likely earn 2nd line center duty behind Ryder if he's still with the Petes. I can already see Staal being an easy 1st round pick when it's his time to be drafted, he's got the whole package, he can shoot, score,faceoffs, defensive, he can hit, and is a beautiful passer.

Sticky*

Komi#1 said:
They were talking about Jared the youngest one...

No they weren't. They made a mistake. In that preview they meant Jordan, the third youngest. Many forget that there is a fourth one who is in grade 9. While he is pretty talented, he is not in the same sphere as Eric, Marc, and Jordan. (hey, the talent had to drop of somewhere).

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Sticky said:
No they weren't. They made a mistake. In that preview they meant Jordan, the third youngest. Many forget that there is a fourth one who is in grade 9. While he is pretty talented, he is not in the same sphere as Eric, Marc, and Jordan. (hey, the talent had to drop of somewhere).

Actually, Komi#1 is right. In The Hockey News draft preview 2003, the story does say that the youngest of the 4 brothers is the most skilled. That is Jared.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Sticky said:

I'm pretty sure Jared is in the same sphere...

Sticky*

Cup4Wings said:
Actually, Komi#1 is right. In The Hockey News draft preview 2003, the story does say that the youngest of the 4 brothers is the most skilled. That is Jared.

Im aware what they wrote. What i am saying is that the hockey news made a a mistake. They were talking about Jordan. Trust me. I am from Thunder Bay, and Jordan has always been the one that everyone said may be better than Eric. Jared is not even close to his other three brothers in terms of skill. Trust me.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
topshelf331 said:
I remember reading in Erics draft THN that the youngest brother is the most talented of the 3.

Thats funny they said one of the Gretzky borthers was better than Wayne, U can never teill until there about 21

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
tuckerdomi said:
I can already see Staal being an easy 1st round pick when it's his time to be drafted, he's got the whole package, he can shoot, score,faceoffs, defensive, he can hit, and is a beautiful passer.

Sounds almost just like his brother. It'd be kinda cool if the Canes' drafted both of him (and if he's top 5 talent, they'll likely have a shot to do so). Talk about a 1-2 punch down the middle....

I know it's very early, but does he have a shot at being a lottery pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad