Jordan Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

Being brough along really slowly in Peterborough. They are treating him much like they treated Eric in his rookie season. Limited ice on the 3rd and 4th line and PK. Teaching him the defensive aspects of hockey before they give him some freedom. He has 2pts in 10games. I imagine that after the u-17 tourney they will start to increase his ice time. Great skills.

leafaholix*

There was a special on the three brothers on The Score yesterday, specifically the young two. Dick Todd (Petes head coach) says that it's possible that the other two may become first round picks in the NHL.

X-SHARKIE

Sticky said:
Being brough along really slowly in Peterborough. They are treating him much like they treated Eric in his rookie season. Limited ice on the 3rd and 4th line and PK. Teaching him the defensive aspects of hockey before they give him some freedom. He has 2pts in 10games. I imagine that after the u-17 tourney they will start to increase his ice time. Great skills.

I have heard there are concerns about his finishing ability. Any truth to that?

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
There was a special on the three brothers on The Score yesterday, specifically the young two. Dick Todd (Petes head coach) says that it's possible that the other two may become first round picks in the NHL.
Considering that Marc is playing in the Canada Russia challenge in his draft year, I'd say he's in first round position right now.

Just how many of these kids are there? From the '03 THN Draft Issue, I seem to remember four or five! :eek:

leafaholix*

They said there were 3 brothers (the youngest being Jordan at just 16).

Petes' coach said Jordan's as big (or bigger than) Eric was at that age.

Sticky*

Leafaholix said:
They said there were 3 brothers (the youngest being Jordan at just 16).

Petes' coach said Jordan's as big (or bigger than) Eric was at that age.

Nope, there are four. Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared (who is in gr9). You can't say who is better, becuase they are all at different stages of development, and Marc is a d-man. But I can't see the two other forwards as being better than Eric.

And to the poster who wondered about Jordan's finishing ability. I don't know where you heard that, but he is a very strong finisher, with a laser for a wrister. It will just take him some time to figure the league out, much like Eric. He will be a player though. Has the competitive nature that they all seem to have.

X-SHARKIE

Sticky said:
Nope, there are four. Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared (who is in gr9). You can't say who is better, becuase they are all at different stages of development, and Marc is a d-man. But I can't see the two other forwards as being better than Eric.

And to the poster who wondered about Jordan's finishing ability. I don't know where you heard that, but he is a very strong finisher, with a laser for a wrister. It will just take him some time to figure the league out, much like Eric. He will be a player though. Has the competitive nature that they all seem to have.

Good to hear, I just heard his release makes him look like he is shooting in slow-mo.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Good to hear, I just heard his release makes him look like he is shooting in slow-mo.

How long before you start talking like you've seen him play in your driveway in Wisconsin 100 times? :teach:

X-SHARKIE

Juan said:
How long before you start talking like you've seen him play in your driveway in Wisconsin 100 times? :teach:

What the hell ? Twice in the same week you called me out saying I've seen this guy play...when clearly I state I haven't seen him play or I make no mention of saying I have indeed seen this guy play.

Look at what I said Jaun....I clearly say....

"Good to hear, I just heard " I JUST HEARD!

Here is another one
"I have heard there are concerns about his finishing ability. Any truth to that?"

Keey words, I have heard

I never said that i've seen Jordan Staal and that I think his release is slow, just going by ear.

If you have a problem with me quit hawking my posts and just PM me.

leafaholix*

Sticky said:

Well, the one in grade 9 hasn't even started junior hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->