Injury Report: Jordan Staal (Concussion) - UPD: Placed on IR on 1/4/; Skating on 2/14; Returned 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'd start Jordan on the 4th line, replacing McKegg. Give him a couple of games to ease him back in.

Then I'd plug him into the 3rd line w/Martinook and Svech. You all can shit on Lucas Wallmark all you want but he's been solid, not spectacular, but solid. He's a better passer than Staal and, despite the whiffs, I'll take his shot over Staal's as well. At least he can occasionally hit a corner.

While not a beast at the dot, he's got an FO% of 50%....better than Aho's or Martinook's....and equal to McKegg's.

You want to f*** up team chemistry, you force Jordan back early into a role he's not ready for and/or hasn't played very well this season. Ease the big guy back in....give him PK responsibility and maybe the occasional tough match up. But don't force the issue until you know what you've got...

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
I'd start Jordan on the 4th line, replacing McKegg. Give him a couple of games to ease him back in.

Then I'd plug him into the 3rd line w/Martinook and Svech. You all can **** on Lucas Wallmark all you want but he's been solid, not spectacular, but solid. He's a better passer than Staal and, despite the whiffs, I'll take his shot over Staal's as well. At least he can occasionally hit a corner.

While not a beast at the dot, he's got an FO% of 50%....better than Aho's or Martinook's....and equal to McKegg's.

You want to **** up team chemistry, you force Jordan back early into a role he's not ready for and/or hasn't played very well this season. Ease the big guy back in....give him PK responsibility and maybe the occasional tough match up. But don't force the issue until you know what you've got...
Agree here. That second line with Wallmark in the center has been producing. Wouldn't switch that up right now

Reactions: Unsustainable

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Agree here. That second line with Wallmark in the center has been producing. Wouldn't switch that up right now
Yeah, don't get me wrong....Jordo as a mid-40 point center, playing on the PK, dominating in the circle, and beasting it down low is great and an asset to the team. Eventually, I'd like to see him between Ferland and Teuvo....I just think the people who are all "just plug him in for Wallmark" are not considering the bigger picture. Wallmark as a 3C is fine, even pretty good....the issue is that we've got 5 other tweeners for 4 slots.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Wallmark has been a beast in the faceoff circle the past 4-5 games. That alone sets him above Menalainen when Staal returns. Aho-Staal-Wallmark-McKegg down the middle is better than what we have now, isn't it? Menalainen can be a scratch for a few games to see how things go, then adjust and/or send him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad