Recalled/Assigned: Jordan Schroeder sent down, Andrew Ebbett called up

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
Everything AV has done recently tells me this is a guy who is out of ideas. He's just grasping at straws at this point.

No wonder the team is so listless.

The real problem is he has no players to move into the lineup. Andrew Ebbet is an AHL player and nothing more. If ther was any talent on the farm Kassian should be down there. Bah !

This is on Gillis not Av.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
The real problem is he has no players to move into the lineup. Andrew Ebbet is an AHL player and nothing more. If ther was any talent on the farm Kassian should be down there. Bah !

AV deserves blame for lack of system success; however, once Gillis was made aware that two of his four Centres would be down for the majority of the season, he should have made a move. Gillis doesn't want to get embarrassed in a trade, but this is on him.

arsmaster*

Bringing up Ebbet shows just how pathetic our forward prospects are. We just have nothing. How Gillis doesn't come under massive criticism is beyond me.

Gillis was left with an empty cupboard. We barely even had AHL level prospects under Nonis.

Each draft should have a 5 year leeway before judgement. We've gone 5 years from 2008 (Hodgson), next year we'll likely have Schroeder as a full time NHL player.

2010 will be tough since we didn't pick until 115th.

it's still a poor prospect pool, but its improved by leaps and bounds.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006

While it's true that Gillis deserves blame for poor personnel decisions and lacklustre acquisitions, IMHO it's more AV thanks to the exasperating flailing coaching job we're seeing.

- Garrison not on the PP
- Kassian and Schroeder on the 4th line
- Shroeder on the point on the PP
- Defense and Forward line juggling instead of going with the lines that worked at the year's start
- Lack of identity and focus (most importantly).
- Broken 'system'

Gillis definitely deserves much of the blame, but to me, I see AV as the single biggest problem here.

There's plenty of talent still on the roster. Other teams are doing more with less.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
While it's true that Gillis deserves blame for poor personnel decisions and lacklustre acquisitions, IMHO it's more AV thanks to the exasperating flailing coaching job we're seeing.

- Garrison not on the PP
- Kassian and Schroeder on the 4th line
- Shroeder on the point on the PP
- Defense and Forward line juggling instead of going with the lines that worked at the year's start
- Lack of identity and focus (most importantly).
- Broken 'system'

Gillis definitely deserves much of the blame, but to me, I see AV as the single biggest problem here.

There's plenty of talent still on the roster. Other teams are doing more with less.

I 100% agree. Being a complete dbag to these young guys only works when the rest of the team is performing well to inspire them to play better. When the rest of the team is playing like garbage, it just ends up making AV look like a fool. They are offensive players and need to be put in an offensive role. It's not like the rest of our players are killing it offensively. Seeing booth and kassian play with lapierre is just infuriating. Schroeder was playing great with hansen and raymond. I know there are other injuries, but when what av is now trying isn't working, you might as well let these guys play together. Hell, I don't even mind Higgins as a 2nd C/3rd C. AV is just being an idiot and needs to go.

Most importantly, as you said, the system is broken. Everyone knows it. In the last game against the Hawks in particular they could read our team like a book. There were a couple instances where they anticipated our play so well and easily intercepted some passes.

Last edited:

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Ebbett? ****.My.Life.

I don't think I can stand to watch another Canucks game right now. Now we're rolling with Lapierre/Ebbett/? down the middle. :facepalm:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Because I think they really have only one tradeable asset and that is Luongo. I would be shocked that when all is said and done we don't find out that Luongo asked for trade regardless of who the other goaltender was or how that goaltender was performing. So it's Luongo that has to move and he is hard to move during the season.

LolClarkson*

Oh our lovely "C" depth comes back to show it's ugly head. I agree Shredder needs to go down and get some offensive confidence going again...but WTF.

It feels like the Isbister/Ritchie era all over again.

We were an underdog back then. We were rebuilding by waiting out some contracts and replenishong the farm.

This is the lowest moment since the WCE missed the playoffs

LolClarkson*

Bringing up Ebbet shows just how pathetic our forward prospects are. We just have nothing. How Gillis doesn't come under massive criticism is beyond me.

The heat has been creeping up. I just wish he already used his "fire the coach" bullet.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The heat has been creeping up. I just wish he already used his "fire the coach" bullet.

The problem with using that bullet is that you need another bullet in the chamber. I look around and I don't see much out there in the way of coaches. I don't think we want to go down the Ron Wilson road. And honestly if he used that bullet he would need to replace the entire coaching staff as they all seem to be underperforming...if we can place underperforming players at the feet of the coaching staff. And that makes it more of an offseason move.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
It's just that GMMG won't pull the trigger until he has the exact deal he wants, which is both good and bad at the same time.

I also think that MG knows his job is on the line if this trade goes badly. He's going to want to make sure Schneider is playing more consistently or else he's going to be begging Luongo to stay in the offseason and ship out schneider. If schneider was clearly outplaying Lu this season it would be a no-brainer, but with the way he is playing this season, I'm not sure if the starter role will be his long-term. It depends on how the rest of the season goes.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Schroeder I thought did well defensively - more than I can say of Ebbett. Hopefully he gets bottom 6 time and not top 6 time. I thought he played well in 2011-12 with a smaller role.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Predictable... Don't think he'll gain anything from getting sent down except confidence, but that's the way it goes when you're not put in a position to succeed and can't put up points. Still think that 3rd line of Bambi-Gopher-Honey Badger was broken up way way early when they were having success. Why AV never went back to it again after Kesler hurt his foot is beyond me.

Looking forward to him playing with Jensen, at least. Silver linings and all...

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Okay this is just stupid as hell.

Schroeder was doing fine with Raymond on his wing. Kesler came back for his cup of coffee before getting injured again, so Schroeder gets bumped down. Why the **** didn't he move back up again? Couldn't that line have been put back together for a game or two at least? Oh gee, our 5'8" rookie centre didn't do well between Weise and Sestito? No **** sherlock. What the hell's he going to do with those guys on his wings? Point on the PP...yeah, that's a great place for him.

FML.

Anyone bemoaning the state of our prospects is overlooking the teensy weensy problem that they're getting used in totally the wrong roles for them, and our moron coach is determined to bang square pegs into small round holes. Say we signed Schultz instead of Edmonton. Would he actually have a shot to do well, or would he get 5 minutes a game, no PP time and banished to the press box if he makes a mistake?

Stupid, stupid move.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
i know Schreoder hasn't look good lately (ever since ****ing AV send him to 4th line and destroyed his confidence **** I ****ing hate AV!!! #FireAV).....

but... WTF has Ebbett done to deserve a call up!!! he's already proved that he is worse than Shreoder and that he belong in the AHL!! I guess AV still haven't accepted that Lappy can't play with offensive players. Oh and who wants to bet that AV will put Ebbett on the ****ing PK again as if he hasn't sucked enough on there already.

I seem to remember that when Kesler was gone Hansen-Schreoder-Raymond has shown chemistry and we were playing for best games of the season.

**** this stupid ass coaching staff and i can't believe how god damn incompetent they are. Sick of watching this boat sink.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Very disappointed in Schroeder. Watching him in Chicago, I had my qualms about him at the NHL level but I thought he would be better than this. My biggest worry is that Schroeder didn't produce much offense. He was ok defensively until the last while but he wasn't,except for one game, looking anything like putting up offensive numbers.

And this was a continuation of his play in Chicago. He was a decent, two way center in Chicago but his offense was mediocre. I hate to say it but there has to be huge questions about whether this player can create offense at the pro level - and this has to be his meal ticket to the NHL.

People thinking he will dominate the AHL are IMO wishful thinking. He was a hard-working, generally helpful player but nothing like the dynamic player most were hoping for. He hasn't shown anything like that yet and unless he does he starts veering towards bust territory. Maybe next year he breaks out but the evidence, to date, has not been that hopeful. The suspicion that Schroeder topped out in his late teenage years has to be there.

Far as Ebbett goes, hie promotion is testimony, as most are saying, to the hideous lack of forward depth in the organization. Schroeder had to go but it sure would have been nice to have at least an adequate replacement.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Fine with Schroeder going down. Saw a lack of production. Also saw promises of chemistry and flashes of hope snuffed by AV.

Not fine with Ebbet as a replacement.

Get a real NHL centre.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad