Recalled/Assigned: Jordan Schroeder sent down, Andrew Ebbett called up

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i see this as MG doing what's in the best interest of the player. send him back down, even for a clearly inferior player at every aspect of the game, to let him build his confidence back up... and to prevent AV from ruining his confidence for the short time AV is still here. we'll scrotes again soon, i hope.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sucks to see, but not surprising. Better in the long run for Schroeder to get top line minutes with Jensen in Chicago rather than centerig Weise and Sestito. I am not so much baffled by the decision to demote him to the fourth as I was by the promotion of Lapierre in his place, but oh well. Kind of sad that Ebbett is our next best option.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If you're going to send down Schroeder, you could at least acquire a decent replacement instead of calling up a clear downgrade.

this, I find it most annoying, not that Schroeder isnt good enough for the role, that he is being replaced with a worse player. If someone better was taking his spot I wouldnt be so frustrated with the decision.

Crows*

This is quite comical actually. An offensively creative rookie couldn't generate offense with Sestito and Weise so because we want to keep Lapierre in the top 9 or top 6 lets send him down and bring up Ebbett who's completely useless. Sounds good AV :)

He wasn't producing anything with good players either

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Schroeder wasn't doing a lot and his defensive game is WAY overrated on these boards. You could see this coming a mile away, he's supposed to be an offensive player and was given many chances to do it and didn't deliver. Unlucky or whatever way you want to spin it, you have to be good in your own zone AND produce at this level, or you will end up on the 4th line and eventually back in the AHL.

This is on no one but Jordan himself. Just wish someone would waive a decent centre or something this is getting bad...

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Nice first showing for Jordan, something to build off of and if he can get on a roll offensively with the Wolves, I'm sure he'll get another call up before all is said and done. Hopefully he spends some time with Jensen.

Ebbett is literally our only option so...

Wizeman*

Nice first showing for Jordan, something to build off of and if he can get on a roll offensively with the Wolves, I'm sure he'll get another call up before all is said and done. Hopefully he spends some time with Jensen.

Ebbett is literally our only option so...

Then the truth lies somewhere in here.

Gillis sent him down because he wants to develop him more, not that he sucked or Ebbett is going to save us.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Then the truth lies somewhere in here.

Gillis sent him down because he wants to develop him more, not that he sucked or Ebbett is going to save us.

That's my take. If he was even moderately producing he would stay up, but he's not and he looks like he's lost a bit of his earlier confidence. Not a big deal and I think it's a good idea to get him in a top line role on the farm.

Ebbett doesn't make this team appreciably better or worse, but I would rather bury him on 4th line than Schroeder.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He was producing chances. In case you haven't noticed: David Booth and Zack Kassian have done a whole lot of nothing too.

Except be two of our better forwards the last couple games and both were directly involved in both our goals last game.

Anyways I'm fine with sending Schroeder down but I hope this isn't the last move we see in the next couple days.

Bieksallent

May 3, 2010
That's my take. If he was even moderately producing he would stay up, but he's not and he looks like he's lost a bit of his earlier confidence. Not a big deal and I think it's a good idea to get him in a top line role on the farm.

Ebbett doesn't make this team appreciably better or worse, but I would rather bury him on 4th line than Schroeder.

Ebbett does make the team appreciably worse when Vigneault decides he's a penalty killer.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

my fear is that he won't be on the fourth line

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
lol. Our center depth is so pathetic. We need help there so badly, and no...Andrew Ebbett doesn't count as 'help'. :laugh:

I said it before this happened. Before we even really started the season...AV did not and would not completely trust Schroeder as the #3C, and sure enough...he lands on the 4th line, then sent down. Schroeder is only useful as the #3C here...if he's playing well defensively, and chipping in more offense than he has. And most importantly...he's only useful as the #3C here, if he's playing as the #3C. Which he wasn't. If our coach is intent on using a winger like Raymond/Higgins and a no-offense guy who is having a pretty rough year in Lapierre, over Schroeder at Center...i think that about says it all as far as what our coach really thinks of Schroeder at this point.

At this point, it makes plenty of sense to send the kid down to build on his offensive game as a 'go-to guy' and to center Jensen who has just arrived. He wasn't going to be learning much of anything important centering Sestito and Weise for a few minutes a night on the 4th line.

Our abysmal depth down the middle is really showing though. It's embarrassing.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
So this is what it feels to be like a Calgary Flames fan, it's been awhile since the Canucks have been a tweener team. A full healthy team we are a very good team but the current line-up is a tweener.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Except be two of our better forwards the last couple games and both were directly involved in both our goals last game.

Anyways I'm fine with sending Schroeder down but I hope this isn't the last move we see in the next couple days.

I thought all that counted was scoring? Or does what you said only apply to players not named Schroeder? Or better yet, is Schroeder supposed to turn Weise and Sestito into goal scorers?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So this is what it feels to be like a Calgary Flames fan, it's been awhile since the Canucks have been a tweener team. A full healthy team we are a very good team but the current line-up is a tweener.

Even 'fully healthy'...if Schroeder isn't the guy, which this move sending him down clearly seems to indicate...who exactly is our #3C? I'm not so convinced we're a 'very good team' healthy. 'Very good teams' don't typically have an enormous hole in the middle of them. :help:

Land O Lakes

Jan 8, 2013
He's going to learn nothing down there, he's already spent nearly 4 years there. Sorry he couldnt produce on the 4th line, and got shaky on the 1st unit when he gets his actual one minute of ice time. I dont think he fits on your team short term or long term, hopefully you guys move him at the deadline. Would be in the better interest of all parties involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->