Jordan Leopold Appreciation Thread

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I know a lot of you are ecstatic he's gone but aside from this season Leopold was pretty solid for the Sabres in his three years here and was an even better person and teammate on and off the ice. He dedicated a lot of his time to the community as well and was always a true professional and class act.

While I'm glad we made the trade and got a good return for a player who wasn't playing well and who we weren't going to re-sign, it's sad to see him go. It was the right move but it's still a bit bittersweet losing a player we've been used to seeing for the past few years here (also a player who picked Buffalo to sign with as a UFA). He played poorly all season long but he had some good, solid years for Buffalo and that deserves recognition. He was a good player for the Sabres for the most part.

Just want to use this thread to appreciate what he did for the Sabres and for the city of Buffalo both on and off the ice over the years. Thanks to Jordan for everything and I wish him the best of luck in St. Louis! :handclap:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Never had issues with him beyond his poor on ice play this year. Wishing him success in STL.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He was serviceable for us. Ate minutes, killed penalties, could play the PP, paired well with anyone really. Many, myself included, were clouded by piss poor play this year regarding what he brought to the table in his tenure here overall. Good luck, Jordanski

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I liked Leo in his time as a Sabre.

Good luck in St. Louis.

Honest question, what was he involved with in the community?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
He was serviceable. Also one of the worst defenders on the team each year he was here. Pietrangelo will be the best own-zone guy he's ever played with, though.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The entire time Leopold was here (2010-2013), let's see who was better...

Gragnani was better ...

Weber was better ...

Butler was better ...

Morrisonn was better ...

:sarcasm:

Leopold was good more times than bad overall In his ENTIRE time here. How soon memories fade. This year he was a tire fire most nights. Good luck Butters!

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
Thanks Leo for giving up your body (led the team in blocked shots last year, was 2nd the year before). His game certainly wasn't stellar, but mostly solid. Good luck in St. Louis, I would have no issues seeing you with the Cup at the end of the season. ;)

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Ah I see. I still don't necessarily agree but I originally took it to mean all around worst.
I meant defensively.

Second to Myers in GA/60 in 2011, third to Weber and Ehrhoff in 2012, second to Regehr in 2013. This is of course while playing either fewer, or drastically more sheltered minutes than everyone but Weber on that list.

He stopped having a role on this team the millisecond Ehrhoff was added to the fold. Both Myers and Christian need a defensively apt LD, he's not that, and we don't need three pairings that are one-half offensive defenseman.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Good first 2 seasons. End up proving most of us wrong after Regier signed him and lots thought $3M was a terrible deal.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
First year in Buffalo he had the most pts in a season for his career. Second season wasn't as good but the Toronto goal alone is enough for an appreciation thread. I hope he does well in St. Louis, but not well enough for the team to get a late 2nd rd draft position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad