Jordan Lavallée

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
He got bi-passed last year .For some reason he didn't get alot of icetime but
just looking at his skills it's hard to figure out where the scouts went wrong.He had
a great start to the year and then slowed down but he may have had some
nagging injuries(he was out for awhile injured-maybe also played injured).He's
picking it up again lately.I've seen him play live twice but I may not be the best
source from what I've seen-here's why.The first game I saw him was the best
game I saw a player play this year.This past weekend I saw him again and he was
really good once again but not as much as first time.Well, he was first star both
games so how do you look at that.He's not always first star,so were those just
coincidently good games for him.Maybe it's because our team is weak against
physically stong players,I dunno.

Anyway if I was an NHL GM I'd have my scouts finding everything I could about this guy.What took Quebec so long to play him?Why did his play suffer for awhile?
Are there off ice issues? I asked a former teammate about him and his answer
was the scouts just made a mistake.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Yeah, I really like this guy as well. Every time I see him, he's great to watch. He was supposed to be a 'sleeper' pick last year, I guess nobdy wanted to take a chance on him. There were the injuries and the fact that he only got 27 points in 69 games his draft year. I guess that wasen't enough to convince the scouts.

But at 6'2 (or 6'3 depending on some reports) and around 220 he's got a big body and he's got a good all around game. He's got 30 goals this year. I haven't seen him on the CSS rankings though. He's definetly a player I would like to have. Can he re-enter the draft though? He turnds 19 this year. Because if he can get drafted this year, it would be interesting to see where he ranks.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Man if I was a GM at this draft and I see him in the 4 or 5th round, I'd jump on him.
He's big (6'3 210lbs) Skating doesn't seem to be a concern (I saw him play 3 or 4 times though) He has the skils... He's a kind of project. I'd like to see the habs taking a chance on him...

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
he and Stanislav Lascek wen't undrafted last year and I am still wondering why!!

They are bot draft picks this year for sure.

And I think Lavalée will go higher even with Lascek unbelievable stats!

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Lavallee is an interesting prospect. I'm sure he won't be passed again. I predict he'll go between 85-135 in the next Draft.

Another guy I'm interested in is Maxime Boisclaire, yes he's an '85 so I guess he'll be a free agent opposed to entering the draft but he's still ouplaying most highly picked players from his draft year. I think Calgary would be smart to sign him as they'll need players for their new AHL team in Omaha.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I've looked at it and Jordan Lavallée's birth date is : 5/11/1986

Doesn't this make him a Late?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Garp said:
But BOiclair's problem is his skating. I mean, he's REALLY SLOW.

So is LaVallee.

But Boisclair had a poor 17 year old season and not a much better 18 year old season. If you have 2 bad years in a row like that teams wont take you.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
LaVallee (Quebec Remparts #16)

Here's an update. LaVallee has 52 points in 53 games. He has 31 goals with 8 coming on the power play and 4 scored short-handed. He is +18. He has 200+ shots, 87 penalty minutes, and 138 hits. Last road trip (Monctron, PEI and Halifax) he skated with Hennessy and Coughlin on Quebec's third line. He plays on the second power play.

He missed 7 games back in January with a broken hand, and is just getting back into pre-injury form. The team was 1 W, 6 L, 1 OTL in the games he missed and has gone 5 W, 3 L, 1 T since his return to the lineup.

The Red Line Report (February issue) has him ranked at #30. He IS 6'3" tall. He's a team leader on and off the ice. A solid kid with a great attitude.

He's a good one.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Thanks FREE DENTAL CARE.I also noticed the Remparts slumped when he was out
of the lineup.Redline was high on him last year and have made noise already about
him being overlooked so their high ranking this year isn't surprising but may not
reflect where scouts have him pegged.

Lala says he's slow and although I didn't notice it so much the first game I saw him
I had second guesses the second time.I'll tell you he does deliver a good hit and
drives to the net well.Definetly a power forward type of player.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I didn't have the chance to see him play a lot, but he didn't seem to be slow. his skating is maybe average, but, from what I've seen, not slow.

CH Wizard

FREE DENTAL CARE said:
Here's an update. LaVallee has 52 points in 53 games. He has 31 goals with 8 coming on the power play and 4 scored short-handed. He is +18. He has 200+ shots, 87 penalty minutes, and 138 hits. Last road trip (Monctron, PEI and Halifax) he skated with Hennessy and Coughlin on Quebec's third line. He plays on the second power play.

He missed 7 games back in January with a broken hand, and is just getting back into pre-injury form. The team was 1 W, 6 L, 1 OTL in the games he missed and has gone 5 W, 3 L, 1 T since his return to the lineup.

The Red Line Report (February issue) has him ranked at #30. He IS 6'3" tall. He's a team leader on and off the ice. A solid kid with a great attitude.

He's a good one.

Thx for the report.I know , Lavallée is a very solid prospect in the circumtances.I saw him play twice , this year.I was really impressed , he has skills , size and plus he seems to be a great leader.I can't beleive that he wasn't drafted last year.He had many injuries like someone else said.Plus , he was unknown because he didn't play a major role for his team last year and he didn't put up great numbers too.He didn't receive much icetime.He's playing a key role for the remparts right now though.He'll be drafted in the first 4 rounds , next year.His skating isn't that bad but with some work , I think he'll be able to be a better skater.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
more on LaVallee

LaVallee is a reasonable skater. Definitely NOT slow. Keep in mind that he's a big boy -- 6'3", 215. Big guys often take some time to grow into their stride.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Here's what I don't get about the lack-of-skating argument...just because a guy can't keep up with first and second liners in the NHL, does that mean he couldn't play a fourth-line role? With Boisclair and Lavallee, size is not an issue. Instead of searching for the next Stu Grimson, why not give guys like this a shot. It's kind of the same situation as a Ramzi Abid or even a Pierre Dagenais. Sure, fourth line is probably where they fit best in the NHL but SOMEBODY has to play on the fourth line...why not add a little scoring punch to your fourth unit?

If a guy is playing against first-line players in the 'Q', it would be pretty difficult to convince me that he can't keep up with the fourth-line plodders of the NHL. So, while I can understand why these guys don't go highly in an entry draft, it boggles my mind how they don't get drafted at all.

By the way, I noticed that Lavallee was born in the U.S. (Oregon). Is he the son of former NHLer Kevin Lavallee, by any chance???

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
Thanks FREE DENTAL CARE.I also noticed the Remparts slumped when he was out
of the lineup.Redline was high on him last year and have made noise already about
him being overlooked so their high ranking this year isn't surprising but may not
reflect where scouts have him pegged.

Lala says he's slow and although I didn't notice it so much the first game I saw him
I had second guesses the second time.I'll tell you he does deliver a good hit and
drives to the net well.Definetly a power forward type of player.

More that he has slow feet. Like most bigger guys. That can be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad