Jordan Greenway already has 17 points this season (0.81 ppg)

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
It was never a lack of skill or physical tools, it was all work ethic. Dude was a lazy POS for his first few years and would take plays off on the ice. Guerin basically told him this could be his last chance with the team if he didn't get his act together.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
What an NHL season we are having!
Hey a good, strong skater, hard worker, physical player, obviously has some talent/skill to boot but..

17 points in just 21 games??? Holy smokes.
George did you miss the fact DeBrincat is 2nd in goals scored? Took him less games then McDavid too....

Tomorrow is another day I guess

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Greenway spent the off season focusing on diet and conditioning, which were apparently things he was lackadaisical about before. His game has been transformed as a result. If this is him growing up and taking things seriously he is going to have a very good career. If the Wild continue to get this version of him I hope he plays for the team for a long time.

In general the Wild have had a bunch of players unexpectedly take a step up so far this season - Eriksson Ek, Foglino and Rask are in that category. Also Brodin has added offense to his game and is probably the Wild's best defensive defender now.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Guys like this will thrive in the ‘new NHL’

Imagine if someone like Lindros came in now where there’s all these small D, no hitting/fighting and penalties for anything that looks like interference. They have free reign to impose their will

Reactions: ShonSaunders

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway and Foligno have been scoring at a greater rate than you'd expect, and that's great, but the main value to those two players is their defensive ability, and physicality. They simply outmatch most players they go up against from a size, reach, and strength standpoint.

I suspect that Greenway will get some shifts on Kaprizov's line, as more teams are starting to try and rough him up. Greenway isn't a fighter, but is more than strong enough to do the dirty work on a line, and and make space for the others.

Greenway will be exposed is Dumba isn't traded. Would be a real kick in the ass to lose Tuch(and Haula) and Greenway in successive ED's. Good young players with size aren't easy to find.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Guys like this will thrive in the ‘new NHL’

Imagine if someone like Lindros came in now where there’s all these small D, no hitting/fighting and penalties for anything that looks like interference. They have free reign to impose their will

Right but the problem is, I can count these players on my fingers and toes the amount of players like this in the league today. Lots of big players out there, lots of skilled players. Can't say I've seen the combination of speed and size required to be a first line player, plus the skating ability to keep up with these smaller players that often.

AHL is littered with big guys who play this way.

MNWild14

Mar 5, 2021
He’s certainly making it more difficult for the expansion draft. If he keeps this up he’s gotta be protected.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What an NHL season we are having!
Hey a good, strong skater, hard worker, physical player, obviously has some talent/skill to boot but..

17 points in just 21 games??? Holy smokes.
Guess my team missed the opportunity to trade for him, eh?

I really wanted the Coyotes to trade for him as a linemate for Keller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->