Jordan Eberle

Sloth Slothersons*

If you're looking at a top pairing dman it comes down to Eberle (+?) or Yak (+?). I guess you could try Gagner + prospects + 1st but trading away from an area of weakness (center) for another area of weakness, isn't a great idea.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Yup, it really comes down to the return if we look at trading any of our young elite forwards. If Eberle is traded you want the biggest return for him because he has proven more than Yakupov or anybody else on this team really with his 76 point season.

I'd hate to see him go but really this team cant have any untouchables.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
I love his game this year after his off year last season with the finger injury. He is one of the most dangerous players on the ice in the offensive zone. His dangles are awesome, and he is becoming a more complete player, kind of St. Louis-esque. Like St. Louis, he will never be a banger, but brings so much more to the table.

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
Some things can be checked and revealed to be fiction.

Eberle OFFENSIVE zone starts over last few seasons:

Current 51.5%

12-13 51.1%

11-12 60.7% :amazed:

Why would you even state the bolded without checking?

http://lowetide.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Vollman-forwards-13-14-10-20.png

Vollman-forwards-13-14-10-20.png

You absolutely sure about that?

Nic

Apr 30, 2004
Eberle has gotten better and better with each game.

But.

As good as he has gotten and is, his skill set is somewhat replaceable.

He is mostly offense and as good as he is positionaly his stick/backcheck is weak at best. He gets demolished periodicaly.

In short he is another small offensive minded forward on a team chalked full of small offensive minded forwards.

I still would prefer him to Yak at this moment, or Hemsky, but he is what he is.

There is such a nonsensical emphasis on a player being small on these boards. Sure, size is very important if bigger, stronger defencemen can shut you down, skate faster, knock you off the puck easily and so on. Then it's important.

Eberle has very good stats and most of his career he has been playing the opposition's best defencemen. He's not out there picking up easy points against a bunch of midget defencemen, is he?

Sure, he doesn't play like a power forward, throwing punishing bodychecks and so on, but last I checked there were many big forwards who don't do this either. Fact of the matter is that Eberle's role is of a skilled forward. He fulfills this role, and his size does not stop him from doing this, it's irritating that people talk about him like it does.

Martin St. Louis is shorter and a better hockey player, I don't hear people pontificating about his size as if it somehow makes him a lesser player than say some large doofus like Dustin Penner. Judge players based on how good they are, how does that sound?

The Perfect Human*

Doesn't change the fact that Ebs is being use in a tough role. So if he starts 55% D zone next game and his average moves to 50% you still going to claim he's not facing tough starts? Not to mention Qualcomp.

Truth be told it's too early to be using these numbers. Wait till we're at the 40 game mark

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Am I to take from this that I should ignore years of selected use of this player and instead heed a 9 game sample with a brand new coach still feeling his way and an already injured lineup card?

Everybodies had to pull weight in different ways this year.

edit, OK, see what you are replying to. Ignore "current" not sure how I mistakenly read that on behind the net. I blame it on monday morn and one cup of weak coffee..

Last edited:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
So his qual stats are good his offence is deadly lol , heard things in here like they have figured out his skill only has one ,move. He and RNH pack the most skill on team period.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Am I to take from this that I should ignore years of selected use of this player and instead heed a 9 game sample with a brand new coach still feeling his way and an already injured lineup card?

Everybodies had to pull weight in different ways this year.
So what 9 games he also is leading team in scoring how does this discredit him.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Doesn't change the fact that Ebs is being use in a tough role. So if he starts 55% D zone next game and his average moves to 50% you still going to claim he's not facing tough starts? Not to mention Qualcomp.

Qualcomp numbers mean nothing but statistical noise at this time of year. Nobody should be quoting such numbers without there first being significant sample. Theres way too much compounded random in the numbers with this limited sample.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So what 9 games he also is leading team in scoring how does this discredit him.

In what way have I discredited him by saying he's a good player with some great hands and finish up close?

I think I'm being objective and reasonable in the discussion having said these things.

I could be wrong.;)

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Qualcomp numbers mean nothing but statistical noise at this time of year. Nobody should be quoting such numbers without there first being significant sample. Theres way too much compounded random in the numbers with this limited sample.

Yeah.

Right now QoC will tell you RNH, Hemsky and Hall are the Oilers' easiest match-ups.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012

You really gotta hate that compounded random. :laugh:

cbear42

Sep 1, 2008
This team needs help, I'm pretty sure most will agree. You need to trade value to get value as well. Our surplus of talent is at the forward position, wing more specifically.
What would you propose to trade away?
Hall, Ebs, RNH and Yak are our top 4 young players. Hall is the only one that brings a physical edge to his game and RHN is the only Centre of the bunch. That leaves Yak and Ebs. On the surface I would rather keep the proven Eberle over Yak. However there is still "The Russian Factor" looming over Yak. Add that to his disappointing start to this season, his value is probably at its lowest point.
While Eberle is a great asset he may just be the odd man out here. Not really that I want him shipped out of town, it just may make the most sense going forward.
But who knows....just my two cents.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Jordan eberle by all accounts is one of our better two way guys and a saint of man, his contract is just fine, considering what guys like perry get paid he's a steal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->