Jordan Eberle

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I don't understand why a bunch of posters in here think he is a moveable piece. The Guy has just as much skill than anyone on the team his stats are fantastic since 11/12 season , he is ahead of many high profile scorers during this time period, and not far behind considered gods on hf . Eg he has 3 more goals and only 5 less points than Patrick Kane in 2 less games http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-3-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html While being ahead of such Names as Getzlaf Sedin Parise Hossa Gaborik Marleau Perry Benn Couture and so on. He also is a +5 on a very weak team through this span. I hope the foolish talk of moving him and that he is a complimentary player ends in here.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Completely agree. I will say he had a few bad games to start this year which brought out all the Ebs haters, but aside from that he's been one of our better forwards this season, and has always been a guy who can single handedly score a clutch goal (and has done so often in the nhl and on the international ice)

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
It's a combination of a poor season last year and depth at RW named Nail Yakupov. I don't agree with it though. Eberle is awesome, and him and RNH will bounce back from last year.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
i will be the first to admit that i wanted him traded. however he is proving me wrong these past couple of games

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Eberle has gotten better and better with each game.

But.

As good as he has gotten and is, his skill set is somewhat replaceable.

He is mostly offense and as good as he is positionaly his stick/backcheck is weak at best. He gets demolished periodicaly.

In short he is another small offensive minded forward on a team chalked full of small offensive minded forwards.

I still would prefer him to Yak at this moment, or Hemsky, but he is what he is.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Great player... should NOT be on the trading block. This team needs it's forward depth going forward as that's the ONLY area of strength on this roster.

Conkanen*

I don't understand why a bunch of posters in here think he is a moveable piece. The Guy has just as much skill than anyone on the team his stats are fantastic since 11/12 season , he is ahead of many high profile scorers during this time period, and not far behind considered gods on hf . Eg he has 3 more goals and only 5 less points than Patrick Kane in 2 less games http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-3-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html While being ahead of such Names as Getzlaf Sedin Parise Hossa Gaborik Marleau Perry Benn Couture and so on. He also is a +5 on a very weak team through this span. I hope the foolish talk of moving him and that he is a complimentary player ends in here.

+1,000,000

That is all.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004

But.

He is mostly offense and as good as he is positionaly his stick/backcheck is weak at best. He gets demolished periodicaly.

In short he is another small offensive minded forward on a team chalked full of small offensive minded forwards.

I still would prefer him to Yak at this moment, or Hemsky, but he is what he is.

Replaceable with what? I don't think we have anyone in organisation who could replace him and trading him for another one can't see if it isn't that bold multiplayer trade. Hemsky is out of contract after this season and can't see him being offered a new contract if he doesn't take discount. Same thing with Yakupov, trade him for what? It seems that now only option in trade market for them both is taking quantity over quality. Making trade involving Ebs or Yaks this stage of the season is just plain stupid.

Conkanen*

But.

He gets a ton of Defensive zone starts, plays against the other teams toughest competition, creates chances a higher clip than anyone else on the team. He's been shuffled around different lines by his coach to get his linmmates goin (See Eakins "Slump Buster" comments).

Other than that...I agree...totally replaceable.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's been better than Hall, Hemsky, and Yakupov this year and is getting better as the games go on.

What's the problem? Unlike Hall, his toe drag/dangle moves actually work, and he has better accuracy on his shot than either Hall and Yakupov.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Tied for the team lead in points, tied for 2nd on the team in goals, and while I'm not a big +/- guy, he's +5 on a team with mostly minus players. My guess is by the end of the season the trade proposals from Oiler fans will stop.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Eberle has more points than any other Oiler over the last 4 seasons (including this season so far).

Why trade away your leading scorer and a guy who is an established top line player just because you have other good players as well.

Teams need scoring depth and SEVERAL top forwards is not a liability or problem... especially with the constant stream of injuries this team experiences every single year.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He gets a ton of Defensive zone starts, plays against the other teams toughest competition, creates chances a higher clip than anyone else on the team. He's been shuffled around different lines by his coach to get his linmmates goin (See Eakins "Slump Buster" comments).

Other than that...I agree...totally replaceable.

Some things can be checked and revealed to be fiction.

Eberle OFFENSIVE zone starts over last few seasons:

Current 51.5%

12-13 51.1%

11-12 60.7% :amazed:

Why would you even state the bolded without checking?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Tied for the team lead in points, tied for 2nd on the team in goals, and while I'm not a big +/- guy, he's +5 on a team with mostly minus players. My guess is by the end of the season the trade proposals from Oiler fans will stop.

Outlier.

Eberle traditionally has high EV GA. Yearly totals have always soared over 3 5on5GA/60mins. The 11-12 year being particularly shocking as it takes effort to give up this rate of GA when your offensive zone starts is running at over 60%. Eberle was a very high event player both ways that year. Even given that the ice was tilted for the kidline in any way the org could accomplish.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Current 51.5%

12-13 51.1%

To be fair, he does get a ton of defensive zone starts. Probably the most for RW's on the team.
But it just so happens that he gets even more offensive zone starts. ;)

Conkanen*

Current 51.5%

12-13 51.1%

Which is middle of the pack team wise and coupled with quality of competition puts him in some dicey situations that the coach obviously trusts him in unlike your boy Yak. But you can go ahead cherry pick one stat all you want to try and make
your argument. I’ve got more stats that support what I and others here see on the ice regarding Eberle. But you don't wanna hear about those.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

I don't understand how you don't understand. it has nothing to do with how good Eberle is, and everything to do with how bad the Oilers are.

Identify:
1. What does the team need? (top D, size, toughness)
2. how do you get that? (trade a valuable asset)
3. which valuable asset can you do without? (one of the wingers)

there, that should help you to understand. note, i would rather move Yak

Conkanen*

I don't understand how you don't understand. it has nothing to do with how good Eberle is, and everything to do with how bad the Oilers are.

Identify:
1. What does the team need? (top D, size, toughness)
2. how do you get that? (trade a valuable asset)
3. which valuable asset can you do without? (one of the wingers)

there, that should help you to understand. note, i would rather move Yak

The problem with this is that he is possibly the best forward we have RIGHT NOW and not just "one of the wingers". Hemsky is as good as gone next year ( or sooner) and Yak is a mess with rumors he isn't happy ( but that's another discussion). I, for the record, think Nuge will be the best of the bunch but trading Eberle is not the answer. And this fictitious trade for a #1 D is not happening.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Which is middle of the pack team wise and coupled with quality of competition puts him in some dicey situations that the coach obviously trusts him in unlike your boy Yak. But you can go ahead cherry pick one stat all you want to try and make
your argument. I’ve got more stats that support what I and others here see on the ice regarding Eberle. But you don't wanna hear about those.

Not sure what you're on about. Nor is Yak "my boy" I just tend to think a player with 55NHL GP and who by rights is still a rookie should probably get a little slack and not be scapegoated.

Cherry Pick stats?! You were the one that argued the defensive zone starts which is an odd thing to raise anyway in context.

I like anyway how you quote stats (falsely) and then shift goalposts to some vague "see on the ice" assertion.

I get that Eberle is a talented player, I get that he has scoring hands in close. How many times is he getting in close lately to use those mitts? Oh, on a 2 on 1 with the woeful Sens allowing Eberle and Yak home free on an extended break where they had all day to setup a picnic. Or against the leafs where the Oil had 60mins to setup an offensive zone picnic.

Thing with Eberle is he gets his chances when opponents breakdown. Where was the Sens D on that play? The guy has great finish, but it tends to be had against weak opposition play. I don't know he gets a lot of gift goals like that if the club ever makes the playoffs. Goals for him trending down in any case. He's reverting to more of a 25 goal scorer. Good thing to have but not as much considering the one dimensional attributes.

ps anybody putting too much stock in how the kids are "producing" right about now should realize the club has 6 goals in last 3 games and all against Eastern opponents. Just wait'll we start playing some hard to play against WC opponents.

Conkanen*

Not sure what you're on about. Nor is Yak "my boy" I just tend to think a player with 55NHL GP and who by rights is still a rookie should probably get little slack.

Cherry Pick stats?! You were the one that argued the defensive zone starts which is an odd thing to raise anyway in context.

I like anyway how you quote stats (falsely) and then shift goalposts to some vague "see on the ice" assertion.

I get that Eberle is a talented player, I get that he has scoring hands in close. How many times is he getting in close lately to use those mitts? Oh, on a 2 on 1 with the woeful Sens allowing Eberle and Yak home free on an extended break where they had all day to setup a picnic.

Thing with Eberle is he gets his chances when opponents breakdown. Where was the Sens D on that play? The guy has great finish, but it tends to be had against weak opposition play. I don't know he gets a lot of gift goals like that if the club ever makes the playoffs. Goals for him trending down in any case. He's reverting to more of a 25 goal scorer. Good thing to have but not as much considering the one dimensional attributes.

Defensive Zone starts coupled with Quality of Competion (which I alluded to in my first sentence) shows Eberle is depended on in tough situations. Not sure what you don't understand here.

The rest of your post is drivel. No offence. You are reciting what you want to see and is weak with all due respect.

Eberle genreates chances at a rate better than anyone on the team and it's not even close. The only thing holding him back from PPG-land is a dreadful shooting % that when it PRO-gresses to the mean will have him right where he needs to be.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Defensive Zone starts coupled with Quality of Competion (which I alluded to in my first sentence) shows Eberle is depended on in tough situations. Not sure what you don't understand here.

The rest of your post is drivel. No offence. You are reciting what you want to see and is weak with all due respect.

Eberle genreates chances at a rate better than anyone on the team and it's not even close. The only thing holding him back from PPG-land is a dreadful shooting % that when it PRO-gresses to the mean will have him right where he needs to be.

Now you're back on made up stats again. Pick some goalposts, any goalposts. :D

I'll leave thread now.

Eberles a good and talented player. Nobody is saying he isn't.

cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad