Value of: Jordan Eberle to a contender

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would love to have him back on the Oil. The ironic thing is that he was traded because of a poor playoff performance in 2017, but his playoff numbers have been quite good since. If we decide to continue to stack the top line with Hyman-McDavid-Drai, then I think Eberle would be the perfect compliment to Kane and Nuge. Ebs works well with McCann, and I think it could be a similar chemistry with a high volume shooter like Kane.

It would be the most seamless transition you could hope for in the case of a rental (familiar with the city and has played with a bunch of the guys on the team).

Any chance Borgault + 2nd gets the conversation started? Or does it start with a first?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I don’t see the case for a 1st. Name value aside, he’s a skill winger having just an okay statistically.

Rakell 2022 is a comp. Eberle is older, but his playoff stats are really solid. That was a 2nd + recent 3rd (Clang) + expiring contracts of Simon and Aston-Reese. Anaheim retained on Rakell to facilitate the deal.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Is it fair to say Eberle and Tanev are in the same realm of value?

I’m hoping that now means Borgault + a 2nd is a reasonable package.

C’mon Holland. Act early. Get this done.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Could see Dallas potentially interested, with Seguin's hip issue flaring up again.

Whoa, didn’t know that. Bummer, dude fought hard to get back.

And idk Eberle’s game too well, but if he were available I wouldn’t be surprised to see a late 1st go. He’s a bigger name if not a current bigger game, bidding wars and whatnot.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think he’d have a lot of interested suitors especially with some retainage. His counting stats are pretty mid this year but Seattle isn’t a high scoring team and they basically run 3 if not 4 lines pretty evenly most nights.

His 76 games of playoff experience are going to count a lot in the minds of many and he was very good last year in the post-season.

He will be courted heavily if available IMO. Really an ideal secondary rental winger for a playoff run.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
2nd plus Bourgault is the most I'd offer(with 50% retention and another team retaining another 25%) or I would move onto Tarasenko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad