Injury Report: Jordan Eberle - Out 4-6 weeks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Does Anton Lander belong in Oilers PP or is this just temporary (with Eberle out)?
Who is the first player to leave Oilers PP units with Eberle back? Pouliot, Lander, Purcell, Slepyshev?

No Purcell does because he's a horrendous player who can't skate and doesn't move his feet when he needs to. Forget the PP, Purcell needs to not be on the ice.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Hoping that Ebs gets on McDavid's line when he returns

I think Eberle has the offensive smarts to really take advantage of McDavid's abilities. Not that Hall doesnt but he's used to being the guy creating the chances.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Does Anton Lander belong in Oilers PP or is this just temporary (with Eberle out)?
Who is the first player to leave Oilers PP units with Eberle back? Pouliot, Lander, Purcell, Slepyshev?

This team has a shortage of players who provide a net presence. In the top 9 that would be Lander and Pouliot.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I think Eberle has the offensive smarts to really take advantage of McDavid's abilities. Not that Hall doesnt but he's used to being the guy creating the chances.

I was kind of disappointed that they didn't try a combination of mcdavid and ebs in the preseason. Ebs has the ability to create room and make a pass to spring a player. I think this would be great. Also Ebs knows where to be for the pass which Mcdavid is great at. Just my thoughts though. Get well soon Ebs we miss you

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
iStock_clock-watching.jpg

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I was kind of disappointed that they didn't try a combination of mcdavid and ebs in the preseason. Ebs has the ability to create room and make a pass to spring a player. I think this would be great. Also Ebs knows where to be for the pass which Mcdavid is great at. Just my thoughts though. Get well soon Ebs we miss you

Also Eberle is a right hand shot. That is key.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The last thing we need is Ebs back too soon.

We have decent depth, while not producing, Ebs should not be relied on to "right the ship". Realistically Ebs isn't that good either to manage that single handed.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This team has a shortage of players who provide a net presence. In the top 9 that would be Lander and Pouliot.

Exactly. I'd like them to switch Lander and Pouliot though, Lander is better around the net than Pouliot is IMO.
And please split up Nuge and McDavid and much less puckhandling for Hall please.
Get a shooter on that 1st unit as well. Maybe Yak? Switch Yak and Nuge.

And yes, hurry back Ebs.

oilz89*

The last thing we need is Ebs back too soon.

We have decent depth, while not producing, Ebs should not be relied on to "right the ship". Realistically Ebs isn't that good either to manage that single handed.

This is sarcasm right? We have NO depth :laugh:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We should revisit some of the posts and threads from last year. Half the board wanted Eberle gone.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Only because we want to acquire a top pairing dman. It's not like anyone wanted to give him away.

Not true. Lots of posters wanted him gone period because of his lack of motivated play with Eakins. I'll admit he looked very lazy....until Eakins got fired.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Even though we could definitely use Ebs back, his injury is probably the greatest thing that's ever happened to Yakupov (at least during his time here), lol.

It forced the coaching staff to play Yak with McDavid and to stick with it even after a little bit of a rough start.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
With McDavid here, I didn't think we would be seeing the Hall-Nuge-Eberle line together much anymore. But with how McDavid-Yak-Pouliot is starting to click, its looking more and more like we'll be seeing them together again when Ebs gets back.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Only because we want to acquire a top pairing dman. It's not like anyone wanted to give him away.

No, he's right. I remembered it too so I went to go look for old stuff...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1555549 (2013)

A lot of hate in there.

Then, from http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1536871 (2013 to 2015):

He looks like a young Hemsky out there in a bad way. Producing offensively but looking lazy and doing a lot of floating. I think trading him while his value is still high might be prudent.

Lazy, cheats for offense to pad his stats, zero physical presence, selfish play, horrific defensively.
Used to really like this guy, but this year my opinion has turned. He seems to play the game for himself rather than for the team. He should be on a list to be traded out of Edmonton before the perception of him around the league starts changing.

Again from 2013 though. 2014 seems to have mellowed out a bit, but I found a few that kept up with the rage:

So what does Eberle do when he's not putting up points?

If you're not scoring goals, you sure as hell better be helping prevent them against yourself.

No one says the games have to be 2-1. Everyone that is criticising Eberle just wants a win. Eberle's game isn't helping at all. In fact, when he's not scoring, I reckon he's making it worse. The only thing saving his ass with Hall gone from the first line is Pouliot is faring even worse. Then again, at least Pouliot can play somewhat of a big game.

Gotta love the "pro-Eberle" crowd. All about absolutes. It's not. The fanbase is just tired of losing and seeing the 6M$ star player just coast just pisses that same fanbase off. It has nothing to do with being "pro-Yakupov"...everyone at least sees Yakupov hitting or hustling back for a defensive zone play. Eberle...nope

Yes he was great in his 34 goal year. That was clearly an outlier with an unsustainable shooting percentage and he has done next to nothing since then.

As I said hes going to be badly exposed over the next few weeks and he was last year and is this year a huge passanger blessed with good linemates.

I'm sure no one really wanted to see this many quotes, but once I started I got drawn in. :D

HFranky

Jan 8, 2009
Hey guys, habs fan having Jordan in his keeper here.

Any updates on him ? Do you know if he'll be back anytime soon ?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys, habs fan having Jordan in his keeper here.

Any updates on him ? Do you know if he'll be back anytime soon ?

Nothing really new, second week of November is most likely.

If we can stay around 500 until he gets back that would be great. The thought of reuniting the

Hall-Nuge-Ebs line would be fantastic.
Pouliot-McDavid-Yaks look to be really gelling.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Not true. Lots of posters wanted him gone period because of his lack of motivated play with Eakins. I'll admit he looked very lazy....until Eakins got fired.

Yeah, it got pretty crazy. It seems like there's a revolving door of ire towards the players. One month it's Hall, the next Eberle, then Yak, then Nuge...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad