Injury Report: Jordan Eberle - Out 4-6 weeks

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
We should revisit some of the posts and threads from last year. Half the board wanted Eberle gone.

I was and still kind of am one of those. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the player, I just think/thought its a necessary thing that will have to take place.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Eakins era Eberle played soft and often lazy. We are seeing rookie and sophomore Eberle again.

space321

May 11, 2011
We need Ebs back asap so we can send Slepy down to the AHL for some bigger minutes. The kid isn't confident right now and we all know he can play much better.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The Eberle hate last year was some of the most absurd **** i've ever seen on HF.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Eberle hate last year was some of the most absurd **** i've ever seen on HF.

It was over the top as is the case with most extreme stances on this board but it wasn't without reason. Eberle's 1+ years under Eakins was some of the softest, most uninspired hockey that I've seen out of a good player.

We learned later on that Eberle (amongst many others) wasn't too much of a fan of Eakins to put it lightly so his play resorted back to the Eberle that we all thought we knew and had once loved.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
After Eakins got fired I remember a lot of eberle love

There was, because he was a totally different player. He looked like he had given up on the season as soon as it started, amazing how Eakins was able to totally destroy the games of so many players

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
There was, because he was a totally different player. He looked like he had given up on the season as soon as it started, amazing how Eakins was able to totally destroy the games of so many players

To clarify, I never said it was totally unwarranted. I just am annoyed by people who say that the hate never existed, lol.

And yeah, I can't believe we gave Eakins almost two full years...what a disgrace of a coach. I'll never forget Eberle straight up telling the media "it's nice to be able to pick my shots again"

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Not just "so many players" neither. So many really good players.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
So is eberles shoulder like hall and nuge? Mismanage , "Rehab it" then get surgery in one-two years when you miss they playoffs?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
So is eberles shoulder like hall and nuge? Mismanage , "Rehab it" then get surgery in one-two years when you miss they playoffs?

And Horcoff's, and Hemsky's, and Souray's, and...

This franchise has a pretty atrocious record with properly tending to shoulder injuries.

Not sure if this was actually the case for Eberle or if it is a completely new thing... But there is a history there.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
And Horcoff's, and Hemsky's, and Souray's, and...

This franchise has a pretty atrocious record with properly tending to shoulder injuries.

Not sure if this was actually the case for Eberle or if it is a completely new thing... But there is a history there.

Moreau... Pitkainen... Visnovsky... Not shoulder related, but remember this club's treatment of Brule depression in the Smyth trade saga, (and likely POS's too).

The old management here really seemed to turn a blind eye towards injuries and would be quick to tell players to play through it and deal with it. Souray aired his grievances with the media on this matter, but I won't be surprised to hear other had similar issues, but just approached it in a more diplomatic fashion.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Guys.... Put the clubs and torches down. Ebs has a separated shoulder (a tear/strain of the ligament btwn collarbone and shoulder blade... not a dislocation/labrum/ball and socket injury like the rest had. The latter are very difficult to rehab and recover... Not uncommon that they are never the same. The former is more like recovering from a broken bone, it's hard to mess up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guys.... Put the clubs and torches down. Ebs has a separated shoulder (a tear/strain of the ligament btwn collarbone and shoulder blade... not a dislocation/labrum/ball and socket injury like the rest had. The latter are very difficult to rehab and recover... Not uncommon that they are never the same. The former is more like recovering from a broken bone, it's hard to mess up.

I honestly know nothing about shoulders, but I remember when we played Hemmer through a shoulder injury it was said that we couldn't do any more damage to the type of injury that he had.

Boy were they wrong.

oilz89*

I honestly know nothing about shoulders, but I remember when we played Hemmer through a shoulder injury it was said that we couldn't do any more damage to the type of injury that he had.

Boy were they wrong.

A separated shoulder is common and simple. It doesn't mean he might need shoulder surgery :help: I had a separated shoulder 2 weeks ago and I'm fine now

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Eberle was awful under Eakins, soft, lazy, didn't provide much offence.

Under every other coach he's been great but I was done with him until Nelson took over.

Can't wait for him to return. The PP needs him and so does RNH.

Feb 9, 2013
Eberle was awful under Eakins, soft, lazy, didn't provide much offence.

Under every other coach he's been great but I was done with him until Nelson took over.

Can't wait for him to return. The PP needs him and so does RNH.

So... Hall to the third line? I am not being facetious, upon Eberle's return I want to see either him or Hall playing on the third line. That would give 'us' three legitimate scoring threats/lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad