LeBrun: Joonas Donskoi will talk to other teams on Sunday, not closing the door on SJ

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Gonna miss the Don Father if he moves on. He’s really creative at times and has excellent hands when he has space to use them.

He’s also incredibly frustrating and desperately needs to work on his shot. Very easy to push off the puck as well.

Hope he makes a big impact where he’s utilized well and isn’t scratched on his bobble head night.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Are there 'elite' 13th forwards then?

I don't disagree that Doonskoi is great at his role. I just hate that HF uses that word to describe everyone. It wasn't directed at you personally.

I think it's the reason everyone started labeling everyone 'generational' is because elite means nothing anymore. Soon we will need a new even more ridiculous word than generational... like "Jack Hughes is a once in a millennia player". lol

Little different case with 13th forwards as 13th forward isn't really an established role. Somebody like Andrew Copp is an elite 4th line center in my mind. Elite is still meaningful if you're using it in the right context. Obviously Donskoi isn't an elite player but he is elite in the 3rd line role.

Generational is different and I agree that word is terrible lol.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Just stay away from DC
????

Donskoi would be ideal as the 3RW in DC.

The Caps should target him quickly during the interview period. Basically as soon as they figure out that Johansson and Connolly have priced themselves out of their range, Donskoi should be their next target.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Whoever gets Donkey take good care of him and treat him better than Deboer did.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Connolly is probably looking at something like $3.5M/3Y, right? Can't imagine it's too much different for Donskoi.

Connolly will get at least $4mm per year, maybe as much as $5mm by a team that needs scoring. He went 22+24 last year on the third line with no PP minutes -- he's going to get paid. If it was 3x3 he'd already be re-signed by the Caps.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
He'll come in at around 3 to 4 million, I imagine. Give him 3rd line matchups and a dash of PP time and absolutely reap the rewards. His stickhandling is a pleasure to watch and he'll feast on the appropriate competition as a great offensive depth option.

I've given up on him staying with San Jose and I'll miss him. Never really took the next step as a true top-6er with the exception of the 2016 playoffs where he was consistently dangerous and arguably one of the Sharks best forwards at times.

Also, on my deathbed, the last thing I will do is watch this video, with the sound at full volume, for the 5,656,927,228th time.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I'd like for Buffalo to go after him. He's the kind of good value mid-tier UFA that makes sense to invest in. He'd look great in a bottom/middle six role providing secondary scoring.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't blame him if he wants to get away from our imbecilic coaching staff who scratched him in favor of Micheal Haley

He scored the biggest goal in Sharks history, I'll always love this man

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce