Value of: Joonas Donskoi’s next contract

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I think if they have any chance to sign EK65 but need to save the money then you let Donkey walk. He has been pretty meh for me this year.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don’t think San Jose is even going to make him an offer unless he shows out in the playoffs.

Somebody else is probably going to give him 4X4. I would’ve said he was worth that a little while ago but recency bias is crushing my perception of him

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He's one of the guys I want Edmonton to go after. He has the skill that we are sorely lacking, will fit into our middle six nicely by the looks of it, but won't break the bank with a huge annual cap hit or 7 year deal. I'd be fine with a 4 X 3 or 4 year deal with him and have him pencilled in on our 2nd line.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think he's an OK 3rd liner. Nothing special and I wouldn't overpay or overcommit. I'd give him maybe 3.8 per for 4 years or something.

Teams with winger trouble should sign him. Canucks, Oilers come to mind.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
He's so frustratingly inconsistent. Was an absolute animal in the '16 playoffs. Was a key contributor the first half of this season. Has been utter dogshit the latter half of this season.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Because the Oilers upper management is just as dumb as Chiarelli was, don’t be surprised if Donskoi was overpaid and given too many years just like Koskinen was by upper management ! Think 6 years at @6 mil/per....:facepalm:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm hoping Buffalo for the Donskoi of late last year and the first chunk of this season. He's the sort of lunch pail winger they could use beside Skinner and Eichel IMO.

That said, Botterill has no track record of signing anyone to anything affordable, so he'd probably get north of $4 million with the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad