Waived: Jones on waivers for buyout

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Schneider is cooked. I'm gonna guess Brossoit or Reimer.
Brossoit fits in the analytics from this past season and stature, but he's also never started more than 19 games in a season and alternates each year between the sub-.900's and being really good. Probably not the experienced guy that DW is looking at to be a dependable stable mate for Hill in his first season with the workload he's going to get. My money is on Reimer.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That's why I seriously wanted Jones to just try flashing as much leather as possible for the lulz... Lulz leads to fun... Fun leads to dgaf mode... dgaf mode leads to saves... Saves lead... To suffering
Why not? Worked for Fleury.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I have to disagree. Blues won by knocking sharks out of the series with Injuries. They ran EK65 and aggravated his situation so he far less effective in that series than the 2 previous. Blues also got insanely lucky on one of those games when there was a puck off the net missed then the guy who did it scored a minute later.

He had a .869 save% and let up a goal in the first ~5 mins of each of the losses. And they are not good goals.

Reactions: Nprmr

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Thanks for the 2016 SCF final and the 2017 series vs. Edmonton. Otherwise, he was below-average to awful....enjoy the monies but it was important to get him off the team for morale purposes if nothing else (although he would've been a great tank commander lol). Also, his reply a few times to questions about his poor performance left a sour taste in my mouth as a fan, and I didn't think he took enough responsibility for his horrendous performance the past 3-4 years.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Probably a good fit while Washington figures out the Lundqvist health situation, assuming they’re still a top option for him and vice versa. Not going to be counted on to carry a huge load, but at least has starter experience and will be cheap.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He had a .869 save% and let up a goal in the first ~5 mins of each of the losses. And they are not good goals.
They scored 1 goal in the elimination game right? One by Gambrel who was playing 2c? Jones wasn't any different than he had been all season. The team just could no longer score at the rate they had been due to all the injuries.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DW: We need a quality veteran goalie in the next few days? Who is he thinking of?
Laurent Brossoit – Winnipeg Jets
Cory Schneider – New York Islanders
Brian Elliott – Philadelphia Flyers
James Reimer – Carolina Hurricanes
Jaroslav Halak – Boston Bruins
Tuukka Rask – Boston Bruins

Schniender and Elliott suck now.

Reimer seems like a good odds-on favorite. Has been a starter before, is comfortable being a backup, is enough of a solid veteran/team player that he's not likely to pout/sulk if Hill takes the job and runs with it, is familiar to the org, probably won't cost that much...

He ticks a lot of DW boxes.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Schniender and Elliott suck now.

Reimer seems like a good odds-on favorite. Has been a starter before, is comfortable being a backup, is enough of a solid veteran/team player that he's not likely to pout/sulk if Hill takes the job and runs with it, is familiar to the org, probably won't cost that much...

He ticks a lot of DW boxes.
Yep really hoping for him

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
They scored 1 goal in the elimination game right? One by Gambrel who was playing 2c? Jones wasn't any different than he had been all season. The team just could no longer score at the rate they had been due to all the injuries.

That's unrelated to Jones surrendering a goal within the first ~5 mins in 4 out of 6 games

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That's unrelated to Jones surrendering a goal within the first ~5 mins in 4 out of 6 games
Games don't end at the 5 min mark. Not saying that wasn't a problem, and certainly don't want to defend him too much because I'm glad he's gone. But him giving up goals early wasn't a new problem. Team knew they were going to have to score more than 2 goals a game to win and for the most part accomplished that thru the season and playoffs until guys started getting injured. Or in EK65s case, injured worse. Clearly that team had the mental fortitude to come back even when down, especially that post season, so letting in a goal in the first 5 minutes shouldn't even have fazed them.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
It's not a significant era that's ending but I'm still a bit sad, they did go very deep twice in the playoffs with him in goal and both of those times I was very much emotionally invested in the Sharks, most likely more than ever before. Thanks for the Finals trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad