Waived: Jones on waivers for buyout

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Honestly as much as he has sucked...the dude almost got us 2 cups. He wasn't even terrible in the 2019 playoffs.
Jones was dog shit in 2019,

yes he played great in games five and six to give us an opportunity in the first round but he still had 3+ goals against average in a sub 900 and save percentage he was far from given us a great opportunity to win

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Jones' career in teal started with a goal against on his first shot. he then had 2 shutouts in a row his next 2 games. Indicative of what we saw play out over the next 6 seasons.

Is it mental? was the team defense really that bad? who is to say. For every stretch save to keep the team in games he'd let up a sifter from the point. Maybe he is a fit somewhere.

yes he was. he gave up a goal in the first ~5 mins of a game every single game the sharks lost except 1 or 2, and they had 10 losses. He was a big reason the Blues beat us because they figured out how to beat him. He kept the Sharks in games they should have lost, but also lost games for the Sharks.
I have to disagree. Blues won by knocking sharks out of the series with Injuries. They ran EK65 and aggravated his situation so he far less effective in that series than the 2 previous. Blues also got insanely lucky on one of those games when there was a puck off the net missed then the guy who did it scored a minute later.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I have to disagree. Blues won by knocking sharks out of the series with Injuries. They ran EK65 and aggravated his situation so he far less effective in that series than the 2 previous. Blues also got insanely lucky on one of those games when there was a puck off the net missed then the guy who did it scored a minute later.
No pavs hertl didn’t help Along with going in with a two game losing streak in a row

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I feel like he fell off a cliff when the goalie equipment sizes got readjusted and he never really found his way back.

I'm pretty sure we can find someone that can replace his average to below average goaltending we've seen the last few years.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I feel like he fell off a cliff when the goalie equipment sizes got readjusted and he never really found his way back.

I'm pretty sure we can find someone that can replace his average to below average goaltending we've seen the last few years.
It’s all confidence. Confidence is almost the most important thing to a goalie. Sounds stupid but I believe it to be true. It’s why these guys sometimes have these insane 70 save games. Makes their anticipation quicker, their vision clearer… decision making more assertive… once you’re going in the other direction it’s like playing in quicksand.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don’t know exactly what you want or expect to happen
Neither do I, but it isn’t this. It’s annoying never seeing anything anywhere about them being in on a player. They’re so old school and hush, and fans rightfully expect news from their teams now.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Neither do I, but it isn’t this. It’s annoying never seeing anything anywhere about them being in on a player. They’re so old school and hush, and fans rightfully expect news from their teams now.
I mean if you think about it there’s really only 4 or 5 players and 3 or 4 teams we keep hearing about.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I mean if you think about it there’s really only 4 or 5 players and 3 or 4 teams we keep hearing about.
Just saying it would be nice to hear more than just vague descriptions about being good and not rebuilding followed up by ambient noise for weeks.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Just saying it would be nice to hear more than just vague descriptions about being good and not rebuilding followed up by ambient noise for weeks.

Uh, it seems to me that DWs been crystal clear about what he’s tryna do. Goalie, 3C, now a bottom 6 forward, compete. It ain’t sexy, it ain’t splashy. It’s not what I’d do. But it’s pretty straightforward and he’s been extremely consistent. I don’t know what you’re expecting beyond that until they have something to announce like a trade or a player signing.

What would make you happy here? For him to repeat it more?

I suspect that what you’re really yearning for is more media coverage and more “insider” coverage with rumors and speculation. I don’t know if any of those things are within Wilson’s control.

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
DW: We need a quality veteran goalie in the next few days? Who is he thinking of?
Laurent Brossoit – Winnipeg Jets
Cory Schneider – New York Islanders
Brian Elliott – Philadelphia Flyers
James Reimer – Carolina Hurricanes
Jaroslav Halak – Boston Bruins
Tuukka Rask – Boston Bruins

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
DW: We need a quality veteran goalie in the next few days? Who is he thinking of?
Laurent Brossoit – Winnipeg Jets
Cory Schneider – New York Islanders
Brian Elliott – Philadelphia Flyers
James Reimer – Carolina Hurricanes
Jaroslav Halak – Boston Bruins
Tuukka Rask – Boston Bruins

Schneider is cooked. I'm gonna guess Brossoit or Reimer.

Reactions: timorous me

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
It’s all confidence. Confidence is almost the most important thing to a goalie. Sounds stupid but I believe it to be true. It’s why these guys sometimes have these insane 70 save games. Makes their anticipation quicker, their vision clearer… decision making more assertive… once you’re going in the other direction it’s like playing in quicksand.
That's why I seriously wanted Jones to just try flashing as much leather as possible for the lulz... Lulz leads to fun... Fun leads to dgaf mode... dgaf mode leads to saves... Saves lead... To suffering

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad