Jonathon Blum

jprivel

Feb 17, 2011
Montréal
Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks

He is with the big squad, but not playing. At this point he's an injury fill in, but I expect to see him get some minutes soon enough.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.

april

Jul 18, 2012
Nashville
Wouldn't it make more sense, if they are scratching him every game in Nashville, to put him in milwaukee so he doesn't get rusty? Doesn't seem fair to scratch the same guy every game and not give him a chance to prove himself (and either sink or swim)

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.

I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....

Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest

How can you tell? Gill isn't exactly Pavel Bure when it comes to footspeed!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.

i think trotz should sit clune and roll with 7 defenseman.. let blum play. all clune has proved good for is a once a game fight where the other guy hits him alot..

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.

"Special Talent" or as most people like to call it.....Insanity :laugh: Props to him though. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't let myself be a punching bag for hundred of thousands of dollars a year while playing a game as well.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers

I think he's looked pretty good. He is more offensive and getting PP time I think.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah, he's right there with Josi and Ellis to me, each bring something a little different but all look like very talented young defensemen.

Blum is far better than Gill for sure.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Seems like all of these young guys are finally ready. But we'll stick with the veterans while they're under contract. Trotz is always loyal to the vets and sees no reason to rush the kids in.

Hannan is on a one year contract and probably won't be back. Gill is signed through next season, but can definitely be pushed down to the 7th spot or possibly traded. Keep in mind that the reason we have Hannan and Gill on the roster is that we really had no idea if Ellis and/or Blum would progress and stick on the roster. Now that they're proving to be ready, they will be permanent fixtures on the blueline as the older guys are phased out.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
kids been incredible. he can pass, shoot, play sound positioning, and hit well. Hes deserves to stay up. Id be all for scratching or trading Gill once Blum has a little more time to settle in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad