Recalled/Assigned: Jonathon Blum (3/22: Recalled from Iowa)

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Probably will do essentially what Spurgeon does. Not quite as well. Maybe he'll bring a spark we need one. It's too bad Zuckers game went to hell cause we could use him or someone who can put the puck in the net

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
Blum has played well in Iowa in the few games I have watched. Having seen what he can do when his game is on, I hope he delivers for the Wild. He can be an exciting player when he puts it all together. One thing to note, he really doesn't play a tough game and easily gets worked along the boards. Going to be tough against STL for his first game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Well what else were we gonna do? Can't call up Vellieux again...

tumblr_lrup76Ps271qzgvoz.jpg

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It's too bad Zuckers game went to hell cause we could use him or someone who can put the puck in the net

I don't know what the current situation with Zucker is, but I would've rather seen him called up than Heatley getting a free ticket to the top 6.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Blum disappointed me last time he was in Minnesota. Hopefully he proves my doubts wrong.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh yeah I forgot he probably would be replacing Spurge. The might put him with Scandella since he's a right shot but who knows.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I think to balance the pairings a bit, I would do something like:

Suter - Ballard
Brodin - Prosser
Scandella - Blum

I could definitely be way off though. For whatever reason I still think Blum could turn into a decent second/third pairing guy if given an opportunity and proper coaching/mentoring.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Alright well, at least I can count on the Wild to put up the pairings on their game preview on their website tomorrow, so I can update it well before game time. Can't say the same for the Blues. :P

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think to balance the pairings a bit, I would do something like:

Suter - Ballard
Brodin - Prosser
Scandella - Blum

I could definitely be way off though. For whatever reason I still think Blum could turn into a decent second/third pairing guy if given an opportunity and proper coaching/mentoring.

Is Spurgie injured or something?

Excited to see what Blum can do.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Huh. I've missed it completely. Was he injured vs the Isles?

Pretty sure, but who knows. He could have been playing injured. They don't tell us much, and our doctors have not exactly been doing a good job this year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Pretty sure, but who knows. He could have been playing injured. They don't tell us much, and our doctors have not exactly been doing a good job this year.

Alright, thanks. Yeah, our doctors do seem to make a lot of mistakes.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Alright, thanks. Yeah, our doctors do seem to make a lot of mistakes.

No problem. Just watched the Yeo presser, he seemed to like what Blum can bring and that we will have 7 d-men again. He said that he has a good feeling that Spurgeon might be able to play tomorrow, but it depends on how he feels.

From what he said, I have a feeling someone is scratched tomorrow for Blum but of course its a good chance Spurgeon sits out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad