Jonathan Toews vs Shea Weber vs Carey Price

• Toews

• Weber

• Price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If you could have one of these good Canadian boys in their primes (not considering contracts) for their best 6-7 year run, who it would it be?

I see these 3 as being very similar in that they were all EXTREMELY good players in their primes and all 3 could get into the Hall of fame. But they got overpaid, a bit overrated and are now underrated because of how much of a meme they've all become.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What's "their prime"? Are we talking about Price at his best year, and not an average of his "prime years", which is still current? If so, he wins hands down.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Best contiguous 6-7 year stretch.
That's tough and definitely brings them closer together. Toews has the cup history, and winning leadership success, and Weber was an absolute beast in those 6-7 best years.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd pick a young Shae Weber.

Unless we take the best version of everybody, in which case I'd pick Carey Price, with his GODMode year, where he was f***ing unbeatable

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
All overpaid players now with similar levels of peaks? I would take Toews because he was really frickin good in his prime. Although the other two options are good as well.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Toews or Weber, depending on the team. Price wasn't at his ceiling for very long, but he could still put up numbers post-30.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Weber and not particularly close. Price had the highest peak but it was for a season. Weber was a beast for most of his career. Take away the monster team that Toews played on and his resume doesn't look nearly as good. He wasn’t THE reason the Hawks won 3 cups. He was a big contributor but he had a lot of help. If you base it off his play and numbers there are a dozen of forwards I would take before him even during his prime.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Weber ainec. Look at his numbers and it's not like he had elite offensive guys up front, although Nashville was "consistently" a good team, Weber not even close.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Weber ainec. Look at his numbers and it's not like he had elite offensive guys up front, although Nashville was "consistently" a good team, Weber not even close.

Weber even led his team in scoring in 2012-13 and 2013-14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->