Jonathan Toews or Henrik Lundqvist?

• Toews

• Lundqvist

Results are only viewable after voting.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Except for now that his team isn't as good of course. What a mystery

Toews 'got it done' when his team was bad. 2011 and 2012 were two of his more productive years (by both box stats and underlying stats).

His decline in performance now has more to do with wear and tear after playing so much hockey (and a fairly physical style with a smaller frame than most grinding 2-way centers, not unlike Mike Richards), than it does a lack of support.

Likewise, Lundqvist's decline of late isn't because the team in front of him is getting worse as much as the fact he's just getting old.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Other goalies aren't consistent -> consistent Vezina candidate is even more valuable relatively

Isn't this kinda like saying "when you have a once in a lifetime goalie". Sure I'd take Hasek/Lundy over a lot of elite centers but talents like that are so rare. That's moving goal posts because of how rare they are.

they say the draft is a crapshoot, finding someone like that in goal is like winning the lottery.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Isn't this kinda like saying "when you have a once in a lifetime goalie". Sure I'd take Hasek/Lundy over a lot of elite centers but talents like that are so rare. That's moving goal posts because of how rare they are.

they say the draft is a crapshoot, finding someone like that in goal is like winning the lottery.

Is it? You just asked who was more valuable, not which piece in isolation is more necessary to win a cup or whatever. Historically you have a much better chance of finding an elite cup-winning quality center (e.g. Bergeron, Getzlaf) without a lottery pick than of finding a goalie as consistently elite as Lundqvist.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Toews only because elite C over elite G. Lundqvist was easily better at his respective position than Toews was though

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Give me the King. He eats his red meat like a good boy and therefore hasn't lost his physical ability.

BerlinBlueShirt

Feb 25, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Lundqvist gives you good goaltending every single year. Most consistent goalie of this era. So you have like 15 years where you dont have to worry about this position. Unfortunatley Rangers weren't able to ice a good enough team in all of these years yet

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad