Jonathan Toews Hat Trick

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I didn’t say that, I quoted a poster who got so excited over one game, two games into the season, following it up with how fans “hate” him. I simply corrected him. Get your facts straight before coming at me.
Exactly. Like there aren't many haters even when he actually was good and deserving of all the praise. You were one of them in every Toews thread. You always downplayed him, called him overrated and argued over the last words.
I was 100% certain to find your name on page 1 or 2.

You were one that was talked about. Even if he is back to the 2013 Toews and having a Kopitar like comeback, you wouldn't acknowledge it and give him credit.

Reactions: SoCalFan

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
"Come on, it was only one bad year. At least give him another year to write him off. Everyone here is quick to make judgement."

"He has four goals through two games? Toews is back, baby!! Take that, haters!!"

Lol, so true. There are posters in this thread I haven't seen in the main board threads in years (or since the Hawks' decline), but now that Toews has a good game it's like it's 2015 all over again.

That being said, congrats to Toews. As with most players in the league who get a ton of press and hype, he's much more likable than his ardent fans.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Jonathan Toews has always been good. A true hockey player knows that goals don't always matter, in the end all that matters is the W. Toews helped out with three very big W's for the Chicago Blackhawks and was named MVP for the first one.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Exactly. Like there aren't many haters even when he actually was good and deserving of all the praise. You were one of them in every Toews thread. You always downplayed him, called him overrated and argued over the last words.
I was 100% certain to find your name on page 1 or 2.

You were one that was talked about. Even if he is back to the 2013 Toews and having a Kopitar like comeback, you wouldn't acknowledge it and give him credit.
Being a “hater” is such a childish term brought up by people who simply can’t comprehend a difference in opinion. See they can’t prove there’s, so they discredit the person by branding them as a hater. It’s the perfect scapegoat. Downplaying? No I’m just not a sucker to all the hype and ridiculous praise he gets, not ALL the praise.

What are you talking about? Kopitar like comeback? Toews was one of the best centers in the league in 2011-13, I’ve never argued that. His peak year(2013) was by far is most impactful. I’ve never taken anything from that, just that his playoff showing was extremely disappointing and underwhelming. It’s one of the only seasons that many can’t argue that he wasn’t a top player, but many like to stretch that time span and find ways to boost his reputation. That isn’t new.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Jonathan Toews has always been good. A true hockey player knows that goals don't always matter, in the end all that matters is the W. Toews helped out with three very big W's for the Chicago Blackhawks and was named MVP for the first one.
It’s easy to say goals don’t always matter when he had the core of scorers that were part of those teams. His contributions are obvious and he was one of the most valued players for the Hawks success, but what he doesn’t do outside of scoring wasn’t what made or broke each series or game. That’s where people like to give him more than he deserves. He wasn’t the match up center in 2010 or 2013, he has a horrid showing in the 2010 finals, while being a none factor offensively in 2013. It’s not about taking anything away from him, it’s about not always having to give him more praise for those cups than he deserves. The team around him contributed just as much as Toews did, but he’s the captain and that gives him more credit.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Nothing against the guy, sure he's got a lot of good hockey left. But he sure has that deer in the headlights thing down. Weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->