Dec 16, 2009
Definitely. Much better than Matthews.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-419546220-1270683223.jpg
Simply amazing post.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
...Why do you care so much? I’m simply discussing while your (sic) up in arms about god knows what, complaining about what I’m saying. If what I’m saying holds no value to you, why get triggered?

Overwhelming disparaging? :laugh: See that’s your problem, your (sic) just like any other fanboy who is just way to (sic) sensitive. Toews getting way to (sic) much hype, praise, and attention....whether it’s glorifying something he does, or giving him credit for something he doesn’t deserve, that doesn’t mean he was ever a bad player or that I dislike him....but he is overrated in many ways, now anything he does that is good(big or small) will be blown up because so many on here need approval of how great he is.

You can bend the truth by manipulating my stance on him or you can take it as it is. Choice is yours, but I suggest you don’t get so emotional when someone says something you simply don’t like.
Look son, my days of being a “fanboy” are long gone. I’m quite objective regarding Toews, giving praise as well as criticism. My post was a statement close to fact (I haven’t run the numbers, but it certainly would be interesting), presented without emotion.

Unlike your history, I’ve never engaged in much discourse on either side of this fence herein. However, your record speaks for itself. You lack objectivity on the subject of Toews. It’s tiresome hearing you espouse the same drivel over and over and over...again.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It’s his “praise” I suppose that tends to get glorified without any context behind it. He does deserve everything he has worked for, just the status and legacy that has come with it created a monster. Now many Hawks fans think everyone who thinks something else of him hates him or doesn’t think he’s good. I feel the backlash has been warranted, not his fault, but the fault of the media and many many fans who like to categorize him as a player he really isn’t. It’s not black/white though, but that’s how many see it.

It really wasn’t rolling off of my tongue right regardless but I thought, no other word is fitting it.....maybe it’s just me :laugh:

I didn’t say that, I quoted a poster who got so excited over one game, two games into the season, following it up with how fans “hate” him. I simply corrected him. Get your facts straight before coming at me.

Why do you care so much? I’m simply discussing while your up in arms about god knows what, complaining about what I’m saying. If what I’m saying holds no value to you, why get triggered?

Overwhelming disparaging? :laugh: See that’s your problem, your just like any other fanboy who is just way to sensitive. Toews getting way to much hype, praise, and attention....whether it’s glorifying something he does, or giving him credit for something he doesn’t deserve, that doesn’t mean he was ever a bad player or that I dislike him....but he is overrated in many ways, now anything he does that is good(big or small) will be blown up because so many on here need approval of how great he is.

You can bend the truth by manipulating my stance on him or you can take it as it is. Choice is yours, but I suggest you don’t get so emotional when someone says something you simply don’t like.

Wow. This is a pretty long dissertation for someone who said "no one cares/dislikes him". And yet you do this in every single Toews thread on these boards. The irony.

Reactions: SoCalFan

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Wow. This is a pretty long dissertation for someone who said "no one cares/dislikes him". And yet you do this in every single Toews thread on these boards. The irony.
I’ve made the statement twice now.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Can't believe a Toews hat trick thread turned into a bunch of anti-hawks fans bashing him. They are either sour because we took a cup from them or are jealous of the 3 cups we won.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
57% shooting. Sustainable for sure.

Not a chance, but even if he regresses back to his career average, that would be a significant jump over last season.

And who knows, he may just have a lucky season. Kopitar rode something like a 25% sh% through the first half of the season, we all know what happened with William Karlsson in Vegas last season. Sometimes guys get hot and stay hot for awhile.

Reactions: SoCalFan and G0AT

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
If he gets over 70 points the second time in his career this year. I might change my mind.

For the longest time Toews was the most overrated player in nhl history. Last few years you can make an argument he was a little underrated. But Toews might get overrated again really soon.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Not a chance, but even if he regresses back to his career average, that would be a significant jump over last season.

And who knows, he may just have a lucky season. Kopitar rode something like a 25% sh% through the first half of the season, we all know what happened with William Karlsson in Vegas last season. Sometimes guys get hot and stay hot for awhile.

I know. Sorry it was my attempt at a joke. :) I am just glad he looks like himself again.

Reactions: JaegerDice

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Can't believe a Toews hat trick thread turned into a bunch of anti-hawks fans bashing him. They are either sour because we took a cup from them or are jealous of the 3 cups we won.

I've soured on him ever since he got voted into the top 100 over Malkin and Thorton, then proceeded to hold a round table with the 5 greatest ever Canadian players.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I've soured on him ever since he got voted into the top 100 over Malkin and Thorton, then proceeded to hold a round table with the 5 greatest ever Canadian players.

Or marleau or Tavares or Austin Matthews, or Nylander, or marner or Reilly or Gardiner or Leivo or Garrett Sparks or Zach Hyman

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Well that makes sense. “Soured on him” for something he has no control over. Unless you think Toews was actively promoting that he was selected in the top 100.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX

right? I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw Gonzo's response. same shit, different thread.

as for Toews, good for him. he looks energized. I like it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In Gonzo’s defense, there is a difference between saying ‘nobody cares/dislikes HIM’ and ‘nobody cares/dislikes the hype he gets’. A lot of times on sports forums, we conflate criticism of perception with criticism of the human being.

And forums are better off for posters that go into depth with their thoughts, whether I agree or not. Without such posters, this entire forum would be memes and sarcastic one-liners. And that would get boring.

Ive written screeds in support of Toews as often as Gonzo has written them criticizing him (and/or perception of him). I’d rather go back and forth with him than the guys who just say ‘he sucks’ with no basis or support.

All that said, I will say, the topic of Toews does tend to bring serious heat out of people around here, myself included. I bet there are hockey players reading these forums thinking ‘damn, must be nice having people obsess over every single thing you do or say’ :laugh:

Reactions: GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Your choosing to see it that way, while many here have openly said they don’t hate him. It’s not our fault you have a limited way of thinking.
That’s how you get by. “They said what?! They obviously hate him! Haterz gon hate!” Its humerous and sad all at the same time.
Look son, my days of being a “fanboy” are long gone. I’m quite objective regarding Toews, giving praise as well as criticism. My post was a statement close to fact (I haven’t run the numbers, but it certainly would be interesting), presented without emotion.
Unlike your history, I’ve never engaged in much discourse on either side of this fence herein. However, your record speaks for itself. You lack objectivity on the subject of Toews. It’s tiresome hearing you espouse the same drivel over and over and over...again.
You went out of your way to call me out in a hissy fit type of way because you don’t care for what I’m saying. You have brought nothing and have said nothing that actually has meaning.
Objective? I don’t get emotional like you, that’s the difference. I don’t go, “why isn’t anyone saying anything to Gonzo! He’s being mean to Toews again!” You want to talk about being objective, yet your first initial response was one of someone who’s feelings are hurt because big bad me said something that you like to manipulate and translate into “hate” talk.
I’ve said it a million times, I don’t hate the guy. I respect him as a player. But once again you can’t grasp your fragile mind around any concept because you see things on two extreme perspectives.
In Gonzo’s defense, there is a difference between saying ‘nobody cares/dislikes HIM’ and ‘nobody cares/dislikes the hype he gets’. A lot of times on sports forums, we conflate criticism of perception with criticism of the human being.
And forums are better off for posters that go into depth with their thoughts, whether I agree or not. Without such posters, this entire forum would be memes and sarcastic one-liners. And that would get boring.
Ive written screeds in support of Toews as often as Gonzo has written them criticizing him (and/or perception of him). I’d rather go back and forth with him than the guys who just say ‘he sucks’ with no basis or support.
All that said, I will say, the topic of Toews does tend to bring serious heat out of people around here, myself included. I bet there are hockey players reading these forums thinking ‘damn, must be nice having people obsess over every single thing you do or say’ :laugh:

And I respect and appreciate your insight, no matter how much I disagree with it at times. At least your one of the few who doesn’t resort to proclaiming hate based on a difference of opinion.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
"Come on, it was only one bad year. At least give him another year to write him off. Everyone here is quick to make judgement."

"He has four goals through two games? Toews is back, baby!! Take that, haters!!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->