Jonathan Toews Hat Trick

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I said at the end of last season in one of the residential Toews threads that he could have a bounce back year this season. Now I don't expect 90–100 points a la Kopitar/Giroux (because they've always had a little more jam or flair offensively) but if he plays some with Kane I don't think 80–85 points is out of realm. Toews seems like a player who's too proud, serious and grumpy to let the haters get the last word. Much like Crosby in the 16 & 17 playoffs after a bunch of consecutive playoff failures.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I said at the end of last season in one of the residential Toews threads that he could have a bounce back year this season. Now I don't expect 90–100 points a la Kopitar/Giroux (because they've always had a little more jam or flair offensively) but if he plays some with Kane I don't think 80–85 points is out of realm. Toews seems like a player who's too proud, serious and grumpy to let the haters get the last word. Much like Crosby in the 16 & 17 playoffs after a bunch of consecutive playoff failures.
Over the years, he’s only played with Kane on their typically anemic power play and in OT. Not expecting any changes.

Why anyone engages GG in a Toews thread is beyond me. Of his 6092 current post tally, likely 5000 or more are regarding Toews, and overwhelmingly disparaging to Toews. It’s completely tiresome.

Reactions: SoCalFan

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rr4y.gif

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
First one in five years! Good for
Him! (Don’t feel the need to but no sarcasm but with toews I think you have to distinguish this)

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Ok, I see what you're saying. I'm not sure entitlement is the right word, since it suggests feeling owed something without working for it. And Toews if nothing else, has worked for his success. The debate over whether he gets more credit than deserved for said success (at least the team success) is external and separate from his own personal mindset.

But yeah, it's kind of tough to think of a single word for... I don't know, 'disproportionate reverence'?
It’s his “praise” I suppose that tends to get glorified without any context behind it. He does deserve everything he has worked for, just the status and legacy that has come with it created a monster. Now many Hawks fans think everyone who thinks something else of him hates him or doesn’t think he’s good. I feel the backlash has been warranted, not his fault, but the fault of the media and many many fans who like to categorize him as a player he really isn’t. It’s not black/white though, but that’s how many see it.

It really wasn’t rolling off of my tongue right regardless but I thought, no other word is fitting it.....maybe it’s just me :laugh:

Since 8 years you come to every Toews thread on main board telling people he is overrated...
I didn’t say that, I quoted a poster who got so excited over one game, two games into the season, following it up with how fans “hate” him. I simply corrected him. Get your facts straight before coming at me.
Over the years, he’s only played with Kane on their typically anemic power play and in OT. Not expecting any changes.

Why anyone engages GG in a Toews thread is beyond me. Of his 6092 current post tally, likely 5000 or more are regarding Toews, and overwhelmingly disparaging to Toews. It’s completely tiresome.
Why do you care so much? I’m simply discussing while your up in arms about god knows what, complaining about what I’m saying. If what I’m saying holds no value to you, why get triggered?

Overwhelming disparaging? :laugh: See that’s your problem, your just like any other fanboy who is just way to sensitive. Toews getting way to much hype, praise, and attention....whether it’s glorifying something he does, or giving him credit for something he doesn’t deserve, that doesn’t mean he was ever a bad player or that I dislike him....but he is overrated in many ways, now anything he does that is good(big or small) will be blown up because so many on here need approval of how great he is.

You can bend the truth by manipulating my stance on him or you can take it as it is. Choice is yours, but I suggest you don’t get so emotional when someone says something you simply don’t like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad