Jonathan Quick out indefinitely

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As I've stated, I've been doing a goals against review for every game and every goal against every goalie this season so far, after more than one person requested I review the goals and which ones were stoppable and which ones weren't. My point in doing this is that save percentage and ''Stoppable'' goals against will usually be congruent with one another over a long stretch of games.

I remember Quick was blown out in a few of these games and I think it was the Islanders and Stars games where I felt he really had no chance on any of the goals scored, but I think it was the Sabres game where I thought 3 of the 4 goals allowed were very stoppable.

He didn't fail the eye test on the other two games since he came back from injury. Might have just been bad luck or maybe he was suffering from immobility that made it hard for him to move around.

I was actually impressed with Campbell early on, but he's been pretty bad the last few games. I thought he allowed 2 stoppable goals and 1 of them was very ugly against the Rangers the other day. The Kings got the win in spite of him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's a goalie that relies too much on athleticism so it doesn't surprise me.
Which is ironic, since a lot of people argue that butterfly goalies are the one that the game takes a heavier toll on.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
As I've stated, I've been doing a goals against review for every game and every goal against every goalie this season so far, after more than one person requested I review the goals and which ones were stoppable and which ones weren't. My point in doing this is that save percentage and ''Stoppable'' goals against will usually be congruent with one another over a long stretch of games.

I remember Quick was blown out in a few of these games and I think it was the Islanders and Stars games where I felt he really had no chance on any of the goals scored, but I think it was the Sabres game where I thought 3 of the 4 goals allowed were very stoppable.

He didn't fail the eye test on the other two games since he came back from injury. Might have just been bad luck or maybe he was suffering from immobility that made it hard for him to move around.

I was actually impressed with Campbell early on, but he's been pretty bad the last few games. I thought he allowed 2 stoppable goals and 1 of them was very ugly against the Rangers the other day. The Kings got the win in spite of him.

If you have a channel for goalie critiques I'd love to see it. I'd love to get by the homers on each team and have someone break it down honestly.

Reactions: maxbme and Bleedred

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
588db572ced22159e98cc89f.png

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you have a channel for goalie critiques I'd love to see it. I'd love to get by the homers on each team and have someone break it down honestly.
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/out-of-town-scoreboard-2018-19-part-ii.2556253/page-23

I review all goals against in the out of town scoreboard thread on the Devils forum, if you're interested. I don't have a youtube channel or a blog or anything. It would be too long of a post to go over every goal and why it was stoppable, so I just list for instance ''7 goals against Kinkaid, 1 was stoppable'' or ''3 goals against Jones, 1 is stoppable'' and do that for all goalies in every game. My favorite team is the Devils and since I am no longer a believer in Schneider and I think he's shot at this point and don't really think Kinkaid is better than a solid backup, I'm definitely not a homer with them. In fact, I've been accused of dinging them on goals that are ''Not really stoppable''.

And my second favorite team is the Sharks and I'm a very LOUD Martin Jones critic. I don't see Jones as anything better than a league average starter and I rant every time I see him listed as a ''Top-10 goalie'' or Kevin Weekes calling him a ''Top-8 guy in the league'' on TV. So I'm pretty non-biased, I think, even if some have the opinion that some of the goals I'm counting stoppable are not really stoppable. I find that I'm not very liberal with screens and shots that go past a goalie through a screen. Dubnyk gave up a goal through a screen the other night against the Wild and I didn't think he should have been screened there. I will excuse it if there is a maze of player or a guy right in the goalies face, but I really don't absolve the goalie of blame on a shot from 30 feet out, with the guy screening 25 feet out, like some people believe I should do.

Last edited:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sure Doughty and Kopitar will be able to carry them.

Jeff Carter, too. once he finds his stride.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Meniscus is an odd one. I've seen people quite active after surgery two weeks later. Also seen people having issues months later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->