Jonathan Pitre has passed away

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sad to hear this your man has passed. What he lived with every day makes most anything a person if living seem minuscule.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
For f*** sakes. This is awful. Kid was the damn man for what he endured. His strength is one most of us culd only dream of ever having. His heart was bigger then most of the planet combined. In the most gruesome way it's almost a fitting end to this season. Sometimes life just ain't fair. This one stings. A lot.

R.I.P Jonathan. Thanks for being the beat damn fan and human being. If our planet was full of people with even half your fight and integrity we'd be a utopian dream. Till next time good sir. *tips hat*

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Very sad news. Seeing his story really showed how much perseverance this kid had despite the significant challenges thrown his way. He was a true fighter.

Rest in peace, Jonathan.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
"People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend."

Jim Morrison

His life was one of anguish and pain. Terrible pain. And yet, the greatest lesson Jonathan can teach me in his passing is that no matter how bad your life is, there is always something positive in it. You are still alive. He made the best of his life, and hopefully I will too. Rest in peace, little angel and may your mother find some much deserved peace as well. No parent should suffer the unspeakable agony of burying their child.

Reactions: 18Hossa

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Absolutely heartbroken by this news. Read it at my desk at work and I teared up.

Captivated by this boys courage and prayed he’d have some relief in this lifetime.

I am a Leafs fan but how the Senators embraced this boy and his family touched me deeply and showed a level of class that transcends anything that happens on the ice.

Condolences to his family and the Senators organization. May Jonathan finally have his peace.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
He was and still is an inspiration to all of us. Jonathan had a heart of a champion. you will always be remembered buddy. RIP jonathan. my thoughts and prayers goes to his family. love you all!

Emerica

May 29, 2010
RIP Jonathan and may you finally find the peace you so dearly deserve.

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
A beautiful person and one we should all aspire to be more like. The same goes for his mother.

Sincerest condolences.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Glad to see he got some special treatment from the organization & media these last couple years to bring some happiness to the kid. People who endure such hardship deserve nice things once in a while.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Followed this story off and on over the years. Seemed like such a great kid. Crazy how positive he was given what he was going through.

As a parent, I can't even imagine what it would be like to see your kid suffer day in and day out like that.

RIP little Pitre. May your pain finally subside kiddo.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This hits us all. Nobody knew him, but everybody knew him. So so hard to believe this. May you rest for the rest of your days. God bless your mother with what she endured and what she will have to endure.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
What a brave kid. All that positivity despite dealing with that terrible disease.
Life just isn't fair sometimes. All my best to his loved ones.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I only wish I could be as courageous as him. He battled everyday and never complained. He wanted to get out there and raise awareness about the condition he had and he did a tremendous job in doing so. Maybe you be in a happy place, Jonathan. A hero in my eyes.

Thoughts go out to his mom who was there every step of the way. Can't imagine how difficult daily life must have been. What a brave and wonderful individual she is.

These types of things make you put life inperspective. Hold your loved ones a littlelonger today.

Stick tap to the Sens for how they embraced Jonathan throughout this.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad