Jonathan Matsumoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Is it just me or is this guy SERIOUSLY underrated, as a sophomore in Bowling Green (which probably explains why he wasn't drafted) he's putting up some excellent numbers. I don't think an NHL team will pass him up twice if he keeps up like this. Come on, does anyone following the CCHA have any insight on this player?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
Is it just me or is this guy SERIOUSLY underrated, as a sophomore in Bowling Green (which probably explains why he wasn't drafted) he's putting up some excellent numbers. I don't think an NHL team will pass him up twice if he keeps up like this. Come on, does anyone following the CCHA have any insight on this player?

I was hoping the Habs would take a shot on him, but perhaps they will take a shot on him this time around. He's got good hands, vision and seems to always work hard. I've heard he's got a great attitude as well. Haven't seen him yet this year but likely will at some point cause I got directv and they show a ton of NCAA hockey.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
I was VERY surprised that Matsumoto slipped through this past draft.

I was almost half expecting Boston to take him with a late rounder, since they had been in Bowling Green for Jordan Sigalet and perhaps scouting the rest of the squad, like Johnathan Sigalet.

Aside from those two, Matsumoto was arguably the best player for Bowling Green in his freshman year - he played real well.

I haven't been able to catch a game this year yet, currently doing an internship out of state but as soon as I get back in BG, I'll be there for the games. Sounds like Matsu has been playing real well and showing up on the sheet. I doubt he gets passed on again.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hmmmm a poster from Verdun bringing up Matsumoto? Interesting. :sarcasm:

I do agree though he is a far better prospect then almost half the draft. I cant believe so many teams passed him up the way he carried that team as a freshman in such a hard conference. I took him in my keeper league.

His pure offensive ability is unreal, he isnt the nicest skater and he isnt big. Thats why he was passed up on. But he still should have been picked. Look at Kyle Wellwood, he isnt as good a prospect but I think they are similiar.

O.T but a funny coincidence Matsumoto and Benoit Pouliot played on the same jr b team as 16 year olds.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
BlueJackets61 said:
I was VERY surprised that Matsumoto slipped through this past draft.

I was almost half expecting Boston to take him with a late rounder, since they had been in Bowling Green for Jordan Sigalet and perhaps scouting the rest of the squad, like Johnathan Sigalet.

Aside from those two, Matsumoto was arguably the best player for Bowling Green in his freshman year - he played real well.

I haven't been able to catch a game this year yet, currently doing an internship out of state but as soon as I get back in BG, I'll be there for the games. Sounds like Matsu has been playing real well and showing up on the sheet. I doubt he gets passed on again.

I really like Matsumoto, having seen him play more 3 times in person last season. I really liked him better then the younger Sigalet. He was the best forward on the team last season, but I have not seen him play this season yet.

I would have loved to see the Blues take him in the later rounds, 4th or so. He plays both physically and w/ skill.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
He's a real nice player. Saw him at Notre Dame last weekend. Not real flashy, but his hockey sense is outstanding. He seems to factor into every one of BG's goals in some way by being in the right place at the right time. He'll have a night where you don't really notice him and then you look at the scoresheet and he has a goal and 2 assists.

Capt Tuttle

Jan 31, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
bert said:
My fault, he lives pretty close to Vernon Ontario I misread your name. Again my apoligies.

The word was the Islanders were very interested in him. The Islanders ended up taking Shea Guthrie, who I consider very similiar. Guthrie has faster hands/feet but I always considered Matsumoto a better scorer and playmaker. The two played against each other in minor hockey.

Matsumoto is from Cumberland (eastern part of Ottawa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad