Jonathan Marchessault vs Mitch Marner

Who do you take?

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner easily. Far higher potential and better playoff performer.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Did that VGK line catch lightning in a bottle?
Another guy, who did something, he never did before.

Not true. March had a great season with the Panthers (30 goals) and had a strong offensive showing in a bottom 6 role over half a season with Tampa Bay.

Marner going forward obviously. But I'd take March for next year at least. Better goal scorer, better energy player, more physical.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Not true. March had a great season with the Panthers (30 goals) and had a strong offensive showing in a bottom 6 role over half a season with Tampa Bay.

Marner going forward obviously. But I'd take March for next year at least. Better goal scorer, better energy player, more physical.

51 to 75 is a significant jump. 24a probably went to Karlsson.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I dunno, it's really tough to gamble on the Vegas team next year. A lot of things went right for them last year. They caught A LOT of teams off guard.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
good for Marchessault for being in the convo here, but that whole Vegas team is very likely due for a regression and Marner's last 60 games + playoffs were pretty f'n impressive.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Marchessault was one of the most consistent producers this season but every team except Vegas is going to take Marner here and rightfully so IMO.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Not too excited by JAM's performance in the Finals. Smith was clearly carrying more weight than we thought.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
What the hell kind of stupid comparison is this ? Really ? It may as well be who has better hands pat Kane or John Scott.

Marner. NOT CLOSE. close thread.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Age and potential make this Marner easily going forward. For just next year it's close. I might take Marchessault then.

Lol
You should probably look at marners playoff stats. Here’s a hint : he’s PPG. Marchessault is NOT.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
What the hell kind of stupid comparison is this ? Really ? It may as well be who has better hands pat Kane or John Scott.

Marner. NOT CLOSE. close thread.

This is embarrassing.

Well I dismissed his comment. So ya I would say it isn’t bad.

Save for the fact that you’re completely wrong.

Marchessault had 21 in 20 games.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Marchessault. Just because Marner plays for Toronto doesn't mean he's as good as their legion of fans says he is. Marchessault is better and more clutch and I would take him on my team first as he would also likely be cheaper.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This is embarrassing.

Save for the fact that you’re completely wrong.

Marchessault had 21 in 20 games.
Actually it's you who's completely wrong :laugh:

Marner is exactly a PPG player in the playoffs and Marchessault is 0.81 PPG in the playoffs.

Looking forward to you not replying to this LMAO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad