Jonathan Huberdeau vs Mikko Rantanen

Which winger is better?

• Total voters

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
I voted Ranta and think he gets often undervalued - but top 3?

You still have names like Kane, Marner, Marchand. He's probably near that top tier - but I don't think he's 3rd.

Im also taking future in consideration. Kane and Marchand are both a lot older than Rantanen. And still Rantanen is imo better than both of them (Kane 2021 and Marchand).

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Rantanen's been overrated at times in the past after his first half production in 18-19, as he hasn't been as efficient as other players with similar totals and he got loads of PP time to get those numbers, but he's been as good as advertised this year and I think his size and shot gives him a greater toolset than Huberdeau.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Hooburdoe carries 3rd liners and puts up similar numbers to Rantanen besides Nathan f***ing MacKinnon

Yet somehow the "3rd liner" Hubby is carrying managed to score a cup-winning goal and get back-to-back rings without his help. Rantanen outscored MacKinnon by the way.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Huberdeau for sure. Amazing playmaker! He's shown what impact he can have on lesser players. Rantanen thrives on his line with a top 2 center in the league.

Reactions: deleted user

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Rantanen plays with MacKinnon and Huberdeau plays with Sam Bennett, yeah? Yet they have similar numbers. It's odd to me that the poll isn't closer.

Rantanen has shown his worth with MacKinnon out of the lineup though, and also has ridiculous playoff production. How much someone loses a poll by doesn’t indicate how close they are either. The responses suggest they’re in the same tier and a bunch prefer Huberdeau

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Rantanen plays with MacKinnon and Huberdeau plays with Sam Bennett, yeah? Yet they have similar numbers. It's odd to me that the poll isn't closer.

I mean, he's over PPG even without MacKinnon in his career. 15 points in 10 games without MacK this year.

Both are complete studs, choosing one or the other is down to personal preference/homerism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->