• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Sean Couturier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Ok I take back my rebuttal to you about the charts in the mid-season trophy thread. This is just funny and helps prove the point that Couturier >>>Huberdeau AINEC.

Plus Huberdeau has 6.....only 6....more ES points than Couturier. Plus for those who think that Huberdeau is going to score 40 more points than Couturier :)laugh:), Couturier has more points this month. So the gap is closing, not getting larger.
There's nothing here that's >>> AINEC, for either one, just stop.
Some of you are not accomplishing anything with these posts.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There's nothing here that's >>> AINEC, for either one, just stop.
Some of you are not accomplishing anything with these posts.
People must be thinking of 60 point Huberdeau like we're not in 2020 where this guy is among the NHL's elite. Thankfully though we have our little bar graph to try and make sense of why the player who is on pace to score about 40 less points is better.

Last edited:

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
People must be thinking of 60 point Huberdeau like we're not in 2020 where this guy is among the NHL's elite. Thankfully though we have our little bar graph to try and make sense of why the player who is on pace to score about 40 less points is better.

Thank god all (some) Panthers fans can do is go to nhl.com/stats/ to see who has more points. That's apparently the only thing that matters. Even though Huberdeau only has 6 more ES points. On top of that, Couturier outscored Huberdeau in January. So in 2 months the gap is obviously going to jump up 20 more points, not continue to stay even or go down.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Couturier is just an all around great player and any player that plays with him will play their best hockey while playing against the best competition on the other team.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Couturier hasn't been the strongest PP scorer. Also, he plays mostly on PP2, IIRC.

He's one of the strongest 5v5 players in the league. Not sure how he'd compare to a prolific scorer in all situations like Huberdeau, though.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Thank god all (some) Panthers fans can do is go to nhl.com/stats/ to see who has more points. That's apparently the only thing that matters. Even though Huberdeau only has 6 more ES points. On top of that, Couturier outscored Huberdeau in January. So in 2 months the gap is obviously going to jump up 20 more points, not continue to stay even or go down.
20 points is a large amount of points and the gap will probably get larger but keep making excuses lol. But thank God Couturier outscored him in January like the season hasn’t been going on since October.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
20 points is a large amount of points and the gap will probably get larger but keep making excuses lol. But thank God Couturier outscored him in January like the season hasn’t been going on since October.

Thank God defense, faceoffs, puck possession, and penalty kill don't matter in the NHL. If only I focused on 1 aspect of the game where my player was better :rolleyes:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
The only gap closing is this poll. Thank you.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Thank God defense, faceoffs, puck possession, and penalty kill don't matter in the NHL. If only I focused on 1 aspect of the game where my player was better :rolleyes:
Yeah I’ll take the player who is a superstar. Sometimes points aren’t everything but in this case they are.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

So powerplay goals dont count on the scoreboard?

Ok well seeing as neither are superstars, we don't have to worry about that.

He is 6th in the NHL in scoring and is coming off a 90 + point season. This is an embarassing thread for you.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
So powerplay goals dont count on the scoreboard?

He is 6th in the NHL in scoring and is coming off a 90 + point season. This is an embarassing thread for you.

Never said the top.

So one and a half seasons makes a superstar...interesting. I mean Claude giroux has been in the top 5 in the Hart voting twice in his career. I wouldn't call him a superstar. That term is used for the best of the best.

Also it's not like Panthers fans have posted anything of note other than the amount of points Huberdeau has scored. So by my math Couturier is better defensively, better at faceoffs, better on the penalty kill, better with puck possession, and better at scoring goals (career high totals).

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boils down as to whether you think Huberdeau has taken a big step this year or whether you think it’s a career year. I think he’s taken another step since he had 90 points last year and therefore the offensive gap between the two this year is just too big to ignore even with Couturier’s defensive advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad