Jonathan Huberdeau or Sean Couturier

Jonathan Huberdeau or Sean Couturier

• Jonathan Huberdeau

• Sean Couturier

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
The debate isnt about Barkov who is better than Huberdeau and Couturier. The debate is about Couturier and Huberdeau, I am taking Huberdeau every single time on my team. I have watched them both plenty, Huberdeau is absolutely incredible at creating offense.

I like Couturier he just isnt as good.

If I am starting a team from scratch and I have a choice of taking Couturier or Huberdeau, I take Couturier every single time AINEC. I'll sacrifice a few points for defense/faceoffs/possession.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Huberdeau for me.

He’s a top tier offensive player and I find that more valuable. I place a high value on game breaking offensive skills.

What’s impressive is how much he’s separated himself from his linemate Barkov in points. It demonstrates how much offense he is able to generate on his own, from the wing position. And Barkov himself is an elite offensive player in his own right, which makes it even more impressive.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
For the elite 2-way center ability of Couturier, sure. Do you consider Huberdeau to be a better player and more valuable than Barkov due to Huberdeau having more points?
Let’s not make this a Huby vs Barkov thread. Both are better than Couturier AINEC.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Let’s not make this a Huby vs Barkov thread. Both are better than Couturier AINEC.

Ahh ok. You choose not to answer because it blows your entire theory up. The correct order is Barkov>Couturier>Huberdeau. It's about overall ice hockey play, not just scoring points.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Ahh ok. You choose not to answer because it blows your entire theory up. The correct order is Barkov>Couturier>Huberdeau. It's about overall ice hockey play, not just scoring points.
Not really. Huby more valuable this season. Huby is our MVP this year. Do I want to derail this thread in a Huby Barky debate? No.

Reactions: bert

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Not really. Huby more valuable this season. Huby is our MVP this year. Do I want to derail this thread in a Huby Barky debate? No.
Couturier is better than both currently.. he's hands down the best defensive player in the league and puts up nearly a PPG pace the last 3 years and is about to put up his 3rd straight year of 30+ goals. Huberdeau isn't close buddy.

Reactions: ccman68

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Huberdeau is catching in the voting, rightfully so. H should win this.

Just for points set up:

19-20 Huberdeau pace: 31 goals, 80 assists, 111 points
19-20 Couturier pace: 21 goals, 50 assists, 71 points.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Got respect the homerism. You go hard. Two superstars vs couturier.
Talk about homerism. You just called Huberdeau a superstar and Couturier a "good player". Unless you're saying Huberdeau is better than Barkov you can't say he's better than Couturier. I don't think you realize that there's more to hockey than offense and Huberdeau's 7-10 more points per year from the wing in an offensive utilization vs Couturier (center) being the best defensive forward in hockey being used heavily defensively. It's really not close between the two. Couturier is the most underrated player in the league and he's winning this poll, that says a lot.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Huberdeau is catching in the voting, rightfully so. H should win this.

Just for points set up:

19-20 Huberdeau pace: 31 goals, 80 assists, 111 points
19-20 Couturier pace: 21 goals, 50 assists, 71 points.
Or if we go by actual points, Huberdeau scores 7-10 more on average from easy minutes and subpar defense vs the best defensive forward in hockey. Try again but this time be objective.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Talk about homerism. You just called Huberdeau a superstar and Couturier a "good player". Unless you're saying Huberdeau is better than Barkov you can't say he's better than Couturier. I don't think you realize that there's more to hockey than offense and Huberdeau's 7-10 more points per year from the wing in an offensive utilization vs Couturier (center) being the best defensive forward in hockey being used heavily defensively. It's really not close between the two. Couturier is the most underrated player in the league and he's winning this poll, that says a lot.
Like I said man you do you. Your opinion is wrong lol. Huberdeau is going to outscore him by 35+ Not 10 points wake up lmao.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Couturier is better than both currently

Couturier is not better than Barkov.

But he might be better than Huberdeau, who is himself a very underrated player. He's having an amazing season, too, and he could even hit 100 points, which is awesome. Huberdeau has an easier road to recognition now that the big point totals have arrived, while Couturier is likely going to remain underappreciated forever, because he'll just consistently score 70-80 points and completely dominate on defense.

But Couturier is just Bergeron without the super-elite linemates. He'd need a couple really prolific goalscorers (like Marchand and Pastrnak) riding shotgun to raise people's eyebrows to where they ought to be.

It's a good poll. Really I don't think you can understate how excellent these two players are.

Last edited:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
What exactly does Huberdeau do better than Couturier? I wish people here looked at more than just points. This poll shouldn't even be close.

lataus (1).png

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
What exactly does Huberdeau do better than Couturier? I wish people here looked at more than just points. This poll shouldn't even be close.

View attachment 312145

Are you kidding with those meaningless stat pilars?

Couturier has 43 points in 50 games
Huberdeau has 65 points in 49 games

Last season:
Couturier 76 points
Huberdeau 92 points

The offensive gap is way too big for defensive play to make up for it

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Are you kidding with those meaningless stat pilars?

Couturier has 43 points in 50 games
Huberdeau has 65 points in 49 games

Last season:
Couturier 76 points
Huberdeau 92 points

The offensive gap is way too big for defensive play to make up for it

Agree in the regular season but not when the checking gets tighter in the playoffs. It’s close overall but i don’t think either team trades either player for the other.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Agree in the regular season but not when the checking gets tighter in the playoffs. It’s close overall but i don’t think either team trades either player for the other.

Playoffs are such a small sample size, especially when Couturier has 13 career playoff games, all of his 9 points in 5 of them

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

View attachment 312145
I wish people would look at more than just points. Huberdeau on pace to outproduce him by almost 40 points. Lol. You could start by saying Huberdeau does offense better and they’re not even in the same stratosphere offensively?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

View attachment 312145

Ok I take back my rebuttal to you about the charts in the mid-season trophy thread. This is just funny and helps prove the point that Couturier >>>Huberdeau AINEC.

Plus Huberdeau has 6.....only 6....more ES points than Couturier. Plus for those who think that Huberdeau is going to score 40 more points than Couturier :laugh:, Couturier has more points this month. So the gap is closing, not getting larger.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->