TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
What would be the ask from Florida for a guy like that? And, does he actually play any center or mostly wing?
Only plays wing. Point per game. Great passer, meh shot.

Would cost a lot to get a point per game winger signed with term at 5.9M

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Don't ask me why, but for some reason, I see Chicago secretly being in on Huberdeau and trading with uncle dale here if he needs to shed him and his salary and for the first time in a long time, Chicago has salary cap space.

I'd be interested to hear what Florida would be looking for in return

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Meh, not the type of player we need. We're set on the wings, we need a LD.

Huberdeau is a pretty substantial upgrade on Tatar.

If you could get a player with term and a good contract for a 1st and either Brook or Juulsen, And whatever else.

You have

Drouin-Domi-Shaw
Huberdeau-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Byron-Thompson-Armia/Weise

That's a team that can beat the Leafs.

Yes LD is a need too. A blockbuster for Huberdeau and Matheson might get the Habs fans dreaming of glory days. But who knows what Tallon is up to.

Reactions: tmac51 and Kimota

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Feels like they're moving him because they want to bring so much money in. That's the only logical reason to move him. To me, this screams Columbus.

Reactions: CPTN71 and mikeyp24

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

If you could get a player with term and a good contract for a 1st and either Brook or Juulsen, And whatever else.

You have

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Yes LD is a need too. A blockbuster for Huberdeau and Matheson might get the Habs fans dreaming of glory days. But who knows what Tallon is up to.

i was gonna say something like that and offer something like 1st, Tatar, Suzuki for Huberdeau! i feel like both fan base would not like it and i'm not sure i would do it either! it's a pretty big gamble considering what Suzuki could become, who we draft and what kind of assets we could get for tatar next year or something!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

You have

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

Tatar has chemistry and fits well in our system tho, lotsa players are upgrades on others. No point in upgrading a position (especially when it's on the wing) when you have much bigger needs, you're better off using the assets to fill a position of need. Matheson has been terrible this year and carries a big caphit, he's a risky player to trade for (unless you can move someone with a big caphit from your d-core in a trade for him, which we don't have).

Also, as mentioned Tatar been insanely good for us this year:

ahRK33o.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Feels like they're moving him because they want to bring so much money in. That's the only logical reason to move him. To me, this screams Columbus.

What's the trade Panarin and Bob for Huberdeau? With a deal negotiated with the two by Tallon? Jackets go after Howard?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i was gonna say something like that and offer something like 1st, Tatar, Suzuki for Huberdeau! i feel like both fan base would not like it and i'm not sure i would do it either! it's a pretty big gamble considering what Suzuki could become, who we draft and what kind of assets we could get for tatar next year or something!

pass

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

member 157595

If I'm CBJ I don't hesitate to take any contracts I need to (and can afford) to make that deal happen. No one else would even consider moving a guy of Huberdeau's pedigree for Panarin (assuming FL actually is considering this in the first place).

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
To Columbus with a pick or two for Panarin and Bobrovsky might actually make a lot of sense.

It makes zero sense for them to give up a guy like Huberdeau still in his prime, when they are both set to become UFA and they aren't making the playoffs this year...

Huberdeau has great chemistry with Barkov and hasn't fallen out of favour. I don't see why a good GM makes this trade.
When he can essentially negotiate with both (through the same agent) in July without giving up anything.

Their pitch is very strong , Miami , low taxes , weather and huge Russian community.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It makes zero sense for them to give up a guy like Huberdeau still in his prime, when they are both set to become UFA and they aren't making the playoffs this year...

Huberdeau has great chemistry with Barkov and hasn't fallen out of favour. I don't see why a good GM makes this trade.
When he can essentially negotiate with both (through the same agent) in July without giving up anything.

Their pitch is very strong , Miami , low taxes , weather and huge Russian community.

Good points. Tallon is very impulsive though and doesn't always use the best judgement, so it wouldnt surprise me if he did something like this.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is going to bite the Panthers so hard overall signing those two. More so Bob

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Something around Dougie Hamilton and Huberdeau?

Both making around 6M?

FLA needs a top 5 Dman, Carolina needs scoring?

I could see a deal around Hamilton or Pesce for Huberdeau.

Would be a best-case scenario for the Canes to find a young forward of that quality in a trade for their extra top-4 RHD. While Florida is able to add a cost-controlled top-4 D on top of Bob/Panarin.

Reactions: MinJaBen

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Larsson + Puljujarvi for Huberdeau + Pysyk

They sign Panarin and Bob

Panarin - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trocheck - X

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Larsson

Reviresco

Aug 4, 2008
Someone steal Tallons phone before he does something this stupid. Trading Huby would be the second worst thing Florida could do (Barkov #1).

Reactions: minisharkpanther

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Risk can be negotiated. See the 1st in the Kessel deal and any deal with a condition on re-signing.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This is going to bite the Panthers so hard overall signing those two. More so Bob
Idk Florida probably has the most experience on old goalies named Bob. But tbh if signing bob gets you panarin you make it work. They should just wait till the off season tho and then trade whatever valuable forward asset that gets pushed out for a dman or futures tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->