Ansar Khan: Jonathan Ericsson questionable for Monday; Jan Mursak out for weeks

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd really like to see Sheahan get a call-up over putting Eaves in. Try out Sheahan as a 3rd line center and knock Abs back down to 4th line wing.

Against teams who play physical we could really use another big body in the line-up. Plus Sheahan is playing well lately, he wins draws, and he plays good defense.

Try something like?

Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Sheahan-Miller
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
ericsson is a big loss. blueline will probably suck this season, and ericsson is probably the team's best PK d-man.

Yep. Because they're doing the lottery tomorrow and that one game defined the entire season.
and even if DRW were going to tank, lottery has been changed. iirc, last place team has a significantly smaller chance of winning the lottery.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd really like to see Sheahan get a call-up over putting Eaves in. Try out Sheahan as a 3rd line center and knock Abs back down to 4th line wing.

Against teams who play physical we could really use another big body in the line-up. Plus Sheahan is playing well lately, he wins draws, and he plays good defense.

Try something like?

Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Sheahan-Miller
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

I have huge doubts we will see that, not that I don't agree. Wondering how Riley is doing today after Beach jumped him also?

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Kindl earned a top-six spot the last two seasons. Remember that in 2011 Babcock only played Salei (RIP) in the playoffs because he was a veteran (shades of Bowman?) after Kindl had taken over his role.

In 2012, Commodore took Salei's spot, and Kindl handily outplayed him all season to the point that Commodore almost never made it into the lineup - he played 17 games with Detroit before being traded to Tampa at the end of February for a 7th rounder.

You can't really say that about Eaves right now; he hasn't played in over a year so we don't know what he brings. He could be no longer at the NHL level for all we know.

My fault EUZ, should have clarified- I meant to say that I'm doubtful that Kindl will ever be more than a easily replaceable #6 or #7 guy. Salei getting the nod over him in the PO's indicates that Babcock didn't trust him to be more than that. I looked at his games played and was shocked to see the # of games he got into for the Wings the last 2 seasons- I'm not being sarcastic but he is honestly impossible to remember when he's on the ice.

Eaves- just looking at what he used to bring to the team. You could be right about a dropoff, but he's not an old guy and it's not like he's coming back from a torn up knee or something that could affect him physically. The only thing I'd be worried about is if the bad concussion made him tentative on the ice, b/c that'd be a bad thing for him.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
If they win tonight I expect to see posts about how we're going to win the cup.
Clearly. Cup favorites, AMIRITE?

Interested to see what the lines are going to be. Sounds like the same as Saturday.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
So, umm...ya.

Well, now, THAT is something I want to see, though I'm surprised they didn't call up someone with more NHL experience like Paetsch.

Interested to see what the lines are going to be. Sounds like the same as Saturday.

Ugh, please no. Babcock needs to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg with the swiftness. As of right now, there's a 1st line and three 3rd lines.

RedWingsNow*

The same Nashless Jackets that beat the Predators (who some were expecting to be a force in this league)

Really? You heard people expecting the Preds to be a force in the league after losing Suter, Tootoo, Radulov and AK?

RedWingsNow*

Well, now, THAT is something I want to see, though I'm surprised they didn't call up someone with more NHL experience like Paetsch.

Ugh, please no. Babcock needs to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg with the swiftness. As of right now, there's a 1st line and three 3rd lines.

I'd say an out-of-synch first line, average second line and two fourth lines.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I'd like to see what Lashoff can do, actually. He's probably not as "good" as some of the guys on the current D, but if he's capable of stopping 200 foot passes and can block a shot or two, he's probably a net positive.

In Quincey's defense, that pass was coming right at him, and it wasn't exactly a bullet either... oh, that's not helping, is it?

Off topic, but your new avatar makes me laugh time I see it. Really, every time. So freaking perfect after that first game!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah, weren't we hearing repeatedly how much a healthy Danny Cleary was going to help the team going into the season? And how him being healthy was treated almost like an addition to the team? Man, he looked ineffective last night, and the least he could have done was be physical given how the Blues were running roughshod over the Wings at every chance. That didn't happen either. I'd much rather see one of the young guys in his spot on the 3rd line.

Yeah in a game where Datsyuk and Zetterberg did absolutely nothing lets blame it on a third liner. How you can say Cleary needs out of the line up for a young guy when other players like Emmerton, Miller, Mursak and even Eaves is beyond me

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Yeah in a game where Datsyuk and Zetterberg did absolutely nothing lets blame it on a third liner. How you can say Cleary needs out of the line up for a young guy when other players like Emmerton, Miller, Mursak and even Eaves is beyond me

I just re-read my post and I don't see where I blamed the loss on solely Cleary. By no means was that a game where the Wings had it in the bag if it weren't for a bad play or 2 by Cleary- everybody was bad. I was just (correctly) pointing out the pre-season pub for the team included applause for how much a healthy Cleary could help the lineup, and he ended up looking as bad and out of place as he did most of last season.

It's not like I have framed #39, #25 and #17 jerseys in my house (I'd like to, but I've been informed by the wife that my framed J-Will and Lebda jerseys would have to come down first, and I'm just not ready to do that yet)... I wouldn't miss any of those guys or Cleary if they weren't in the lineup/on the roster. I don't mind Miller, but he's obviously replaceable as well.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
In Quincey's defense, that pass was coming right at him, and it wasn't exactly a bullet either... oh, that's not helping, is it?

Off topic, but your new avatar makes me laugh time I see it. Really, every time. So freaking perfect after that first game!

This one may have been even better:

bilde

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'd like to see what Lashoff can do, actually. He's probably not as "good" as some of the guys on the current D, but if he's capable of stopping 200 foot passes and can block a shot or two, he's probably a net positive.

It's sad that losing Jonathan freakin Ericsson has become a big deal for us.

Even just last year it woulda been "Meh Kindl or Janik will do for a few games" or "ZOMG SMITH TIME!!11!1" Now losing Ericsson is losing a top pair D-man. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->