Value of: Jonathan Drouin

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Mete is worse than Jost. He can’t play defense due to his size and can’t score. Useless player which is a throw-in cap dump. Jost is playing on the fastest team in the league and needs a change with a slower club like the Habs.
Again please TRY to explain how Mete at 735K a cap dump.
We all and i mean WE ALL need another good laugh today.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
In this current Covid flat cap world does Drouin (considering his contract) have even any positive value?

He has value, but I am not sure that it would make sense for Montreal to trade him based on what he may return at the moment.

I like Drouin. As others have stated, his contract is hardly crippling and he certainly has value to Montreal's lineup.

Reactions: JohnnyB11

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
In this current Covid flat cap world does Drouin (considering his contract) have even any positive value?
No he does not. The Habs should keep him and see how he does now that he’s surrounded with a better cast of forwards. Absolutely no reason to try and dump him now, he has undeniable skills and his value right now is at an all time low.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

In this cap world its hard to say as he still produces 50plus points and has untapped offensive potential. I can see an argument both ways. The expectations on Drouin were sky high and he has not met them.

That said, Habs are not interested in dealing him especially after he and Suzuki demonstrated to have chemistry and co-led the Habs in points in the playins.

with Josh Anderson added, Habs fans are excited to see thr Drouin-Suzuki-JA line play. Hence, no interest in trading Drouin.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He has value, but I am not sure that it would make sense for Montreal to trade him based on what he may return at the moment.

I like Drouin. As others have stated, his contract is hardly crippling and he certainly has value to Montreal's lineup.
So Drouin has value to the Habs lineup, but (because of his contract) no real trade value?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You can try to prop him up all you like but everyone knows Jost sucks

Anderson 27 goals the yr before that.

Jost does suck, but Mete is far worse and shouldn’t be in the NHL. Anderson after a serious injury still had team control. The extension is universally recognized as ridiculous and likely the worst extended deal in the league.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So Drouin has value to the Habs lineup, but (because of his contract) no real trade value?

I believe he has trade value. But I don't know if he would return as much in trade to offset his current importance or value to Montreal's lineup.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Mete is worse than Jost. He can’t play defense due to his size and can’t score. Useless player which is a throw-in cap dump. Jost is playing on the fastest team in the league and needs a change with a slower club like the Habs.
Look once you claimed that 735K contract is considered a cap dump your credibility went down the
poop chute

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
[mod]

Mete is not an NHLer on most teams, the $735K is extremely valuable to teams pushed to their cap limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: schelstatic

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Im not sure if this guy is trolling about mete :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That said we are better off keeping Jay Dee he wont bring back anything that would help us more than he potentially could. Hes still a 40-50 Point player and will probably have his best season on the habs if he plays with suzi

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Mete is not an NHLer on most teams, the $735K is extremely valuable to teams pushed to their cap limits.
Again, you clearly have no clue how the cap works. Any team with Mete who considers him not NHL material can simply dump him in the AHL with no cap hit to the NHL team.

Therefore, once you claimed that 735K contract is considered a cap dump your credibility went down the
poop chute

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Again, you clearly have no clue how the cap works. Any team with Mete who considers him not NHL material can simply dump him in the AHL with no cap hit to the NHL team.

Therefore, once you claimed that 735K contract is considered a cap dump your credibility went down the
poop chute

Why trade for a player, absorb a $735K 1-way RFA contract to dump them in the AHL? He’s not an NHL player. Trade will result in a negative value.

schelstatic

Jul 20, 2010
Its a pattern with that poster. Calling Mete a capdump made me burst out laughing. He just solidified his views as worthless. What a shame.

Mete is a great guy to have as a 7D on the cheap.

Look once you claimed that an HF posters comment made you burst out laughing like your some sort a crazy person sitting at their computer laughing out loud at an insignificant comment you read, your credibility went down the poop chute.

Or is it possible that you may have exaggerated a bit to get your point across?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Brutal is definitely hyperbole but his skills definitely didn't translate that well to the league. He's still a solid player.

Eh, I disagree. Anyone who can be the worst player on the ice for a 25 game stretch isnt a solid player. Habs are my 2nd team and I watch a lot of them and I was very high on Drouin before I started watching him almost every game. His highs are very good, near elite, but his lows are truly some of the worst I've ever seen. When he's not on, he is hurting the team all over the ice. There are other guys who arent doing much when they arent scoring, but his stretches are amongst the longest and he truly brings nothing but detriment when he isn't on. He gets frustrated, sulky, and the epitome of brutal. His skills are not the problem.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
This is the last season for Drouin in Mtl. Either Seattle bound or traded for peanuts.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'd give up a 3rd for him but I'll admit I've been a huge Drouin fan since juniors and a 4th or 5th Is more realistic.

Drouin cap hit of $5.5M is not easily absorbed for most teams. Another player needs to be moved to make this work. Schmidt - LVK is a much better player playing LD. A much more difficult role, he earns approx the same/term and was finally moved for a 3rd.

Approx. 13 teams have the space to absorb his current cap hit. Realistically, only 2-3 can make this work and resign they’re existing players. So unless a returning player returns to lessen the financial hit, he has little value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad