Value of: Jonathan Drouin

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Keep telling yourself that. I’ll see myself out so this thread stays on topic.
You apparently didn't watch the playoffs. With the rest due to Covid he was one of the best goaltenders in the playoffs. He was terrible for stretches in the 2nd half of the season probably because the idiot Julien refused to play the backup. We will see what he can do with a lesser workload this season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You apparently didn't watch the playoffs. With the rest due to Covid he was one of the best goaltenders in the playoffs. He was terrible for stretches in the 2nd half of the season probably because the idiot Julien refused to play the backup. We will see what he can do with a lesser workload this season.
Okay. Again I won’t keep beating this horse. I’ll keep the thread on topic.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Change Drouins name to Danault and Habs might get a good pick or LHD (that can skate the puck).

keep his name as Drouin and no pick or anything close to a top 4 defender.
That's why are not interested in trading. We don't plan on giving him away.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
...then you knew better than to post that...Drouin wasn't good for alot of the playoffs; yes, he made a handful of nice plays, but most of his icetime was him giving the puck away or just floating around being ineffective...anyways, back to the topic:

Offers for Drouin

Drouin was bad the first couple of games, but he was great since. 7 pts in the last 8 playoff games, and looked like the Drouin pre-injury.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I know he has issues but Johnson is not as good. He is small and even if Drouin isn't giving 100% he is still able to produce more. And their career stats are similar. Johnson has never been a great point producer and even though he isn't on the 1st line he has generally had better linemates. Drouin better try to improve his game because Julien is to useless to be of any help.

I remember watching Drouin live when he played for the Mooseheads and thinking then that he just doesn't have a high gear...seriously, the kid never even made me think that he would be a success in the NHL, so imagine my reaction when Bergevin traded Sergachev for him...at least Johnson gives it everything he has and leaves it all on the ice, as opposed to Drouin who always looks like he spent more energy on his hair after the game than he spent on the ice...Drouin is his own worst enemy and it has been that way since junior and he still hasn't even attempted to change his game to an NHL level...that's what pisses Habs fans who dislike his game off the most and only he can change that...so he has this season, probably with Suzuki and Anderson/Gallagher, to change the idea that he just doesn't give a *bleep*...something's gonna change soon and it's either Drouin's drive or his drive to his new arena

Reactions: OldCraig71

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Like it or not he’s not going to fetch much at that cap hit. It’s one thing to trade for a struggling young player who was a high pick and who still has potential but Drouin is pretty much a known quantity and that’s a big cap hit for what he brings. And now with the flat cap he has little or no value imo.

Reactions: MarkhamNHL

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I would give Drouin this final season to prove his worth. He showed up in our playoffs so maybe that is a sign of things to come.
I’m with you on this . I figure start him with suzuki and Anderson . He looked like there was a spark there with suzuki in the last two three games of the playoffs. Prior to that he was a dark hole I thought . You know where plays go to die . He has all the tools but the box is locked . It’s like some other poster said , anyone could play with suzuki or something along those lines . After 15-20 games if he’s not producing give that spot to Toffoli . Drouin has to make it work worth with kk and armia at that point . If it goes even worse with kk and armia we should accept the loss , keep Tatar and ship him for whatever . Maybe this will be the year he brings it .

Reactions: draft day

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
People are talking about Drouin like he's nothing but he's still a 50 pts player... He might not be the player he was supposed to be but to say he has negative value is wrong imo.

Reactions: Be a Hab

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I completely agree and to me, it was a huge miss this off-season. However, it's pretty clear Berg does not agree, and showed that by targeting and acquiring Edmundson. He's building his D-core around size and ability to clear the crease.
Makes sense . Usually price stops everything he sees .

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Drouin as good value maybe for Ryan Strome...
I like Kotkaniemi and Suzuki but those guys are juniors...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Drouin mails it in playing with Suzuki and Anderson, he'll be mailed out on a paper airplane.

We can use the cap space.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If Drouin mails it in playing with Suzuki and Anderson, he'll be mailed out on a paper airplane.

We can use the cap space.
This

it’s like his fall protection harness has a shock absorber. Playing with kk and armia . Once he’s dangled there with little or no results it’s time to move on .

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This

it’s like his fall protection harness has a shock absorber. Playing with kk and armia . Once he’s dangled there with little or no results it’s time to move on .

I think they need to concentrate that harness around his ummm...."no kick" area. If he falls, it WILL hurt...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->