Value of: Jonathan Drouin

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
actually you probably right. he's a stud and finally broke out in 27 games last year. Habs should extend him for 7-8 years.

Sounds like you're admitting having no clue about how he played before his 4 months recovery... and playing with Suzuki in the playoffs. No clue.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
You are wasting money on Burakovsky, Nichuskin (brain dead), Saad and Donskoi. None of whom will come close to their pay.
:laugh:Only Habs fans can try to nitpick about Colorado's cap situation when they're one of the best team at managing the cap. Burakovsky was on paced for 60 points and over a point per game in the playoffs, Nichuskin had Selke votes and Saad has 1 year on his deal for a guaranteed 20 goal scorer.

You'd think the Domi trade would humble them up. I couldn't stop laughing when Bergevin double downed on a horrendous trade by giving a huge extension to him.

It's like they don't remember they were 8th last in the league and were guaranteed to miss the playoffs without Covid or something. Your goalie getting hot and winning a 5 game series doesn't change that. I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs next year.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Drouin checks all the boxes to not be part of main board discussion for his HF value greatly differs from the real world.
Habs, check.
Struggling forward, check.
Showed good things late in the season, check.

HF Board evaluation: Even the arena janitor has more value.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Drouin checks all the boxes to not be part of main board discussion for his HF value greatly differs from the real world.
Habs, check.
Struggling forward, check.
Showed good things late in the season, check.

HF Board evaluation: Even the arena janitor has more value.

Max Domi
HfHabs value: Johnny Gaudreau
Real life value: Josh Anderson

Reactions: McJedi

Jul 6, 2016
Confirmed Trade: - [MTL/TBL] Jonathan Drouin + cond. 2018 6th for Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2018 2nd

I also vividly recall most fans thinking at the time that Montreal won the deal. Only 2 pages of reading so far, but that seems to be the case. Though most won't admit it now.

You're right. Most posters thought MTL won that trade t that time. Drouin had very good Playoffs with TB and was starting to exhibit his real talent. Unfortunately, the Habs got the very, very bad idea to ask him to play at center when they acquired him. It was a very painful season. Last season, he started on the right foot until he was injured in Washington. When he came back, he was out of shape and sync. In the last Playoffs, he started to show his talent again with Suzuki at center. Habs fans are just hoping it is not another flash in the pan for him.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Bergy pushed him up against the wall with a choke hold and flex and he will have the right attitude in 20-21

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Yeah, my crystal ball was in the shop. If you think Drouin is a guy who teams would clamour for, I have some pyrite I’d like to sell you.

I couldn't give any less shit about what other teams clamour for, I state the fact that he was one of the best players in the league before his injury.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I couldn't give any less shit about what other teams clamour for, I state the fact that he was one of the best players in the league before his injury.

(Mod)

Wow, that's a wee bit of an overstatement there, amigo, and yes, I've watched Drouin play live and on TV probably more than most; with the Mooseheads, with Tampa (my baby brother lives in Venice and, until Covid hit, we'd go down a few times a year and catch games), and with Montreal...Drouin has never looked like one of the best players in the League, just like for all his junior hype, if you actually watched him play you never saw one of the best junior players in the Q; you saw one of the most naturally gifted players who had absolutely ZERO drive...I get you love the guy, but making crap up just negates any reasonable argument you have...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Wow, that's a wee bit of an overstatement there, amigo, and yes, I've watched Drouin play live and on TV probably more than most; with the Mooseheads, with Tampa (my baby brother lives in Venice and, until Covid hit, we'd go down a few times a year and catch games), and with Montreal...Drouin has never looked like one of the best players in the League, just like for all his junior hype, if you actually watched him play you never saw one of the best junior players in the Q; you saw one of the most naturally gifted players who had absolutely ZERO drive...I get you love the guy, but making crap up just negates any reasonable argument you have...

I was in the Bell Centre when he got his ovation last year, it was a thing of beauty. At that time he dominated like no one did in Montreal in recent times and the crowd gave him back the love he deserved. His stats were there to support that. He was the one DRIVING Montréal before his injury.

But hey, saul goodman, we all have your opinions.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I was in the Bell Centre when he got his ovation last year, it was a thing of beauty. At that time he dominated like no one did in Montreal in recent times and the crowd gave him back the love he deserved. His stats were there to support that. He was the one DRIVING Montréal before his injury.

But hey, saul goodman, we all have your opinions.

Wow, one game where he got a standing O; plan his parade...

You're gonna have to take those goggles off eventually...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Josh Anderson has never once in his career scored more points than Saad.

In fact, 26 year old Josh Anderson has only scored more than 30 points once in his career.

If you want to pump up players on the Canadiens I wouldn’t start with Josh Anderson lol.
Anderson was brought in for his size, speed and scoring ability.
Points is a non-issue.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Drouin has shown flashes he can be an above average Top 6 player, including the start and finish to this last season, but he’s yet to show he can do this consistently over a full season. Habs best hope is he can continue his strong play to start the year and maybe then he’s done enough to be a trade asset but might as well keep him if that happens.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If you go back to MTL's postseason who is the veteran player that stood out (i.e. not talking KK and Suzuki). And the most common answer is Drouin and its the wrong answer. The player who stood out from an improvement point of view was Armia. Armia was generating shots off the post in game 3 v Flyers. Armia game 5 was leading his line and got moved up when KK got ejected. Armia was winning the 1 on 2 battle so that Drouin was given the room to make the pretty pass. Berge saw this too and why the power forwards in Anderson and Toffoli were added. If Anderson down low can generate attention and can win battles in the corners, then you can hope Drouin will be given more room to operate. Personally I wouldn't have given Anderson the long term deal but I get what Berge is thinking. 5x5 Drouin can't generate enough room on his own to be effective. But with a star center and legit pw garnering attention maybe Drouin as the 3rd player on a line can do something.
This makes perfect sense. We needed a scoring PF and that is what Anderson is considered to be.
To many Non -Hab fans are to concern with his total points and his last season.
Those willing to admit ,last season was not a good indication on what Anderson brings.
Just the trolls , haters, and the poster that just want to try to stir up shit bring that up and we all know who they are.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Three way trade that would make sense for all three teams
MTL 7.3 Cap hit
Bozak (5m) 1 year left
Sanford (1.5)
Olli Juolevi (800k)
Potential second-pairing, secondary offensive defender

Blues 8 Cap hit
Drouin (5.5)
Jake Virtanen (2.5)

Vancouver 5.6 Cap Hit
Vince Dunn RFA (4m)
Klim Kostin (800k)
Power forward with top-six upside
Noah Juulsen (800k)
Poised mobile defender with top-four upside
Habs hang up the phone. Terrible for the Habs

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Its not sports its the fact that 80% of people on here are absolute idiots. Like saying Drouin is a dump and trying to dump people like Vlasic, Lucic, Ericsson on MTL for taking Drouin.
If you think those people are idiots what would you call a poster that claims that Mete and his 750.000 dollar is a cap dump? I can't come up with an appropriate name. Can you?
Or is all we can do is post :laugh::laugh::laugh: and a few :facepalm::facepalm: along with the laughter.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Habs hang up the phone. Terrible for the Habs

Its honestly not that bad. Very little interest in Juolevi and Bozak, but Sanford is good (he's basically a LW Armia who's younger and a pending RFA). Bozak could also potentially make Danault moveable if the Habs have truly believe Kotkaniemi and Suzuki are top 6 C ready next season (still premature IMO). Worst come to worse, you can make other minor moves and roll with a true 4 line team.

Reactions: Whitsmith803

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Keep it realistic please...

Habs looking for a solid two-way LWer or LD...or a good pick

Remember, keep it respectable and realistic

Well, Drouin being a pass-first 45-55 pts LW who plays soft, we'd probably be looking at a worst return than Domi on a straight LW for LW trade. Considering Drouin is a purely offensive weapon, asking for a 2 way player we'd probably get a guy like Lehkonen/Byron in return?

Just helping other team's fans. Is Crouse in Arizona good in his own zone? IS Conor Sheary good in his own zone?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
At this stage, with his contract, if no one was willing to pick up someone like Tyler Johnson (who is still vastly better than Drouin) for free, his value is negative.
That doesn't really follow. Part of the problem with picking up TJ on waivers is that there would be zero salary going out. In this case, there most likely would be.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well, Drouin being a pass-first 45-55 pts LW who plays soft, we'd probably be looking at a worst return than Domi on a straight LW for LW trade. Considering Drouin is a purely offensive weapon, asking for a 2 way player we'd probably get a guy like Lehkonen/Byron in return?

Just helping other team's fans. Is Crouse in Arizona good in his own zone? IS Conor Sheary good in his own zone?

If Arizona would trade Lawson Crouse for Drouin, I'd carry him to the airport myself...

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If Arizona would trade Lawson Crouse for Drouin, I'd carry him to the airport myself...

hahaha I'm just saying, have not followed his development too close.

I just think people overreact when the ask is a Two way LW. Obviously Drouin can return one, but it's gonna be a 3rd/4th liner (a 30-35 points guy imo). But Montreal has those guys. Same with LD, we already have the guys that can be had for Drouin. Maybe we can fetch a late 1st, but generally those teams already have their offense in check to not need Drouin. And then we have no one else at LW generating offense, so what do we do without him? Byron in the top 6? It sucks but I think he fits our needs more than a on a lot of other teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad