Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nice. Good story. 3rd line role? Conacher-Flip-Point??

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Could Kuch have separated his shoulder? I guess they'd know if that's the case and he probably wouldn't be listed as day-to-day.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/nikita-kucherov-feeling-much-better-unsure-on-return/2300591

Kucherov

Kucherov, who suffered an upper-body injury in Thursday's 3-1 loss in Montreal, had a red no-contact jersey on, but is feeling better. But he said he was able to everything on the ice, including shooting and stickhandling, in a post-skate workout with wing Ryan Callahan.

"He looked good," Callahan said. "Really good, actually."

Kucherov won't play Saturday against the Devils, and it's still a question whether he'll be able to return by the time this six-game, 11-day road trip ends Tuesday in Brooklyn against the Islanders.

"Could is the word. Can he? I'm not so sure," coach Jon Cooper said. "But I know he's feeling much better today... It's not a good situation, but let's just hope it's only a couple games or maybe one game."
Though Kucherov didn't play the final two periods, he didn't worry about it being a long-term injury, officially listed as day-to-day.

"I got hurt, all my thoughts were get back as fast as possible and help my team win," Kucherov said.
Conacher
Conacher was recalled Friday, and is expected to be in the lineup tonight against the Devils, playing on a line with Valtteri Filppula and Brayden Point. Conacher, who re-signed in the summer, will be in his first NHL game since Dec. 4, 2014.

"Whether it's for one game, 10 games, I've got to play every game like it might be my last one up here," Conacher said.

Conacher wasn't overly impressive in the preseason, but got off to a strong start with the Crunch, five points in his first four games. "I'm pretty confident with the puck, I was skating well down there, finding ways to get open," he said.
"We signed Cory for a reason, for situations like this," Cooper said. "One thing that kid does is he competes really hard, skates and shoots the puck. With a guy like Kucherov out of the lineup, you need someone to fill his shoes. And hopefully he can do it."

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Conacher is a reach and an awful excuse. Will never watch a game with him in the lineup. Goodbye you ****ing **** turds. The reason we win the stanley cup is because of me. understand that.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He played well just no room for him right now. I'm willing to say one of the better forwards against New Jersey. Not that there was much competition for best forward lately :laugh:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

I'm also wondering if the fact that there are some teams in Europe that have shown interests in him is a reason they have called him up, like let's give it another try for everyone and if it doesn't work and he still wants to go elsewhere then he can...well, he could anyway but...I dunno, either way it's good to have him up again, I though he was one of the bright spots against NJD last weekend and if some players aren't 100% then I'd rather they don't play than taking any risks.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
With two more assists in his team's win over Utica on Saturday, Syracuse Crunch forward Cory Conacher continued to show that he's simply far to good to reside in the AHL for long.

"You just have to keep that positive attitude,'' he said. "You've got to help the young guys down here in Syracuse. You've got to help this team win. I think if we're successful down here, that's when not only I'll get a chance but other guys will get a chance too. I think we're all working together to be successful down here. If you're on a winning team, you'll get the opportunity to play.''

Great attitude, really hard not to like honey badger.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would really like to put him in a position to succeed just to see what happens. One last kick at the can. Such a feel good story, when things are going well.

ADD: I feel like Conacher often gets miscast as a skill guy because of his size, when really, he's more of a crash-the-net type grinder who can shoot the puck. If I remember correctly, his NHL success came while playing with Teddy Purcell and Vinny Lecavalier, and his role was really just driving the net on the rush and then looking for loose pucks. He was also fast enough that he won a lot of races to pucks in the corner to feed his more skilled linemates. (Did Conacher's regression begin with Lecavalier's foot(?) injury that year? Hard to remember.)

Anyway. If he were to get another shot, we have more than enough skill players to put a guy like that to use, or, at least to see if he really did just fluke his way to that great start, or if maybe we just found a great formula for a guy like that to succeed.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Would really like to put him in a position to succeed just to see what happens. One last kick at the can. Such a feel good story, when things are going well.

ADD: I feel like Conacher often gets miscast as a skill guy because of his size, when really, he's more of a crash-the-net type grinder who can shoot the puck. If I remember correctly, his NHL success came while playing with Teddy Purcell and Vinny Lecavalier, and his role was really just driving the net on the rush and then looking for loose pucks. He was also fast enough that he won a lot of races to pucks in the corner to feed his more skilled linemates. (Did Conacher's regression begin with Lecavalier's foot(?) injury that year? Hard to remember.)

Anyway. If he were to get another shot, we have more than enough skill players to put a guy like that to use, or, at least to see if he really did just fluke his way to that great start, or if maybe we just found a great formula for a guy like that to succeed.

Played well with Stamkos/St.louis as well, his regression only coincided when the team in general took a nosedive in that shortened season, everyone outside of MSL/Stamkos was bad.

He has decent skill which is why the AHL is so easy for him but he is more of a puck retrieval/crash the net guy. Would like to see him and that shot on the PP though. Suggested it in the other thread but for one game I'd just like to see us scratch Paquette and Brown and line up our best offensive players and see how it goes.

Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov
Killorn-Johnson-Point
Drouin-Filppula-Callahan
Conacher-Boyle-Namestnikov

there are just so many different combinations you could go with using these players.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
64503829.jpg

Conacher sent back down again.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/jonathan-drouin-could-play-on-lightning-road-trip/2302594
Lightning wing Jonathan Drouin participated in Saturday's optional morning skate, his first with the team since suffering an upper body injury Nov. 1.

And coach Jon Cooper said while Drouin will miss his fifth straight game tonight, he could play on the upcoming five-game road trip that begins Monday in Brooklyn.

"I don't have any updates now, but hopefully on the road he's going to jump in," Cooper said. "I couldn't tell you if it's the first game or the fifth game, but he's coming with us."
"It's been better every day," Drouin said. "It's getting there."

Drouin said he doesn't know if he'll play on road trip, but considers it a "good sign" that he's coming. He'd have to go through contract drills first. Asked whether he suffered a concussion, Drouin said, "Hard to say," referring to it only as an upper body injury.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They're doing everything they can not to call this a concussion.

Sadly, given Drouin's style of play, combined with the chip on his shoulder, concussions might always be an issue for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad