Jonathan Drouin vs William Nylander

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
This is nylander easy.

People forget he wasn’t playing nhl hockey and comes back to a team that was in fire and had to figure out how to incorporate him. Remember the lockout kadri was Ppg because he was playing ahl hickey while most of the league was on a couch. Never played at that level again. Another example is karlsson you guys all probly thought he was a bum but it was just about learning to incorporate him to a new team that was already clicking.

In due time this thread will b bumped and you will all be laughed at.

Nylanders rookie year is better than any of drouins

Finn16

Feb 15, 2018
I still see a lot of potential in Nylander but with Drouin stepping up his play I see why he has pulled ahead.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Nylander for now. Drouin has never put up more than 53 points (he will this season) and Nylander had back to back 60 point seasons as a 20 and 21 year old. Ask my opinion at the end of next season and maybe it will have changed.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
According to every Leafs fan, the Leafs have:
- Equal if not superior goaltending than Montreal
- Equal if not superior defensemen than Montreal
- Their 5th/6th best players are better than EVERY single player on Montreal's roster

But yet they're only ahead by 1 point in the standings. :sarcasm:

Here's hoping for a nice 1st round exit to Toronto by yours truly: the Habs.
And to add the only way they can beat the Habs is by a gimmick.No gimmicks come playoff time.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I

You’d think a Jets fan wouldn’t be so quick to throw shade on a young player who suffered a slump considering Laine is on pace for what, 50 points this season?

Nylander was never elite. Leafs fans just praised him as such, but he never drove a line the way even guys like Ehlers or Connor have. Nylander rode PP production and AM around to 2 60 goal seasons. Whoop-di-doo. I'm pretty sure you could take most half-decent players and put them in that situation and they'd put up similar numbers. Ehlers, Laine, etc all have much more sustainable production and drive the play themselves. The gap between a guy like Ehlers and Nylander is enormous.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Nylander was never elite. Leafs fans just praised him as such, but he never drove a line the way even guys like Ehlers or Connor have. Nylander rode PP production and AM around to 2 60 goal seasons. Whoop-di-doo. I'm pretty sure you could take most half-decent players and put them in that situation and they'd put up similar numbers. Ehlers, Laine, etc all have much more sustainable production and drive the play themselves. The gap between a guy like Ehlers and Nylander is enormous.

Look at how rare back to back 60 point seasons are by NHLers are before the age of 22.

It’s exceedingly rare. Call it “elite” call it exceptionally rare” use whatever term, he’s still projecting to be among some of the top of the league.

The idea that there’s any gap between Elhers and Nylander is simply laughable

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You’d think a Jets fan wouldn’t be so quick to throw shade on a young player who suffered a slump considering Laine is on pace for what, 50 points this season?
Not only but I'm wondering why is Zaitsev even being mentioned with Nylander in combined goals between them? No Leafs fans expected to see Zaitsev scoring goals at a Norris Trophy level and considering when Nylander started playing this season you would expect Laine to have more goals than him.

Reactions: Rob Brown

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I really am amazed that so many posters are willing to throw away any and all credibility they could have when Nylander comes up in conversation. Nylander is still just as good as he was the last two years, and he just had a long stretch of games where he played C (remember that whole debate?) and looked fantastic.

The answer is quite obviously Nylander and no "but his pace!" changes that. I know that argument is nonsense, you know that argument is nonsense, so let's just leave it at the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->