Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Redemption Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
What's up with this obsession to just focus on goals?

Goals don't happen without assists...
Actually they do, and often, Hey look lars has 6 assists and 3 goals. How does that compare to Danault? Tanev and Hagelin both had unassisted goals in the same game :welcome:

1st PeriodPITWSH
11:20
i
Nicklas Backstrom (9)
Assists: Nick Jensen (5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2nd Period
No Goals Scored
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
3rd PeriodPITWSH
3:18
i
T.J. Oshie (5)
Assists: Lars Eller (6), John Carlson (11)
4:22
i
Brandon Tanev (5) (Shorthanded)
Unassisted
7:22
i
Jake Guentzel (7)
Assists: Kris Letang (9), Sidney Crosby (10)
12:40
i
Tom Wilson (7) (Power Play)
Assists: Alex Ovechkin (10), John Carlson (12)
18:38
i
Carl Hagelin (2)
Unassisted
19:08
i
Lars Eller (3)
Assists: T.J. Oshie (8), Nicklas Backstrom (13)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
That Drouin doesn't exist anyway.

It does, you must know, in the imagination of his fanboys. It's an epic scene with cartoony rays of sunshine, where rainbows exist without rain and is inhabited by magical unicorns and an all pure laine perennial cup winning roster where the habs jersey has turned a permanent blue and bares le fleur-de-lys.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Let's hope Caufield slots into Drouin's spot on the 1st/2nd line and the PP when his NCAA season is over, and then Drouin is featured on line 3 where he has a chance against the other team's bottom D pair. I want to see Caufield/Suzuki/Anderson to see how that works.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Let's hope Caufield slots into Drouin's spot on the 1st/2nd line and the PP when his NCAA season is over, and then Drouin is featured on line 3 where he has a chance against the other team's bottom D pair. I want to see Caufield/Suzuki/Anderson to see how that works.

I don't think Drouin is struggling, he doesn't need to be on 3rd line. The better player should be on the tougher line, whoever that may be. I have no expectations.

Reactions: ArtPeur

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That Drouin doesn't exist anyway.

imo Drouin is just very similar to Domi - similar offensive productions, defensively both aren't great, Domi takes more penalty but at least can be a spark plug and usually plays with more intensity. Drouin doesn't take penalties because he doesn't do much except when he has the puck really.

Another difference is that Drouin plays wings.

but yeah he is required/wanted on teams with low offensive talent (like Montreal), but unfortunately he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He was probably as good as any forward against the Jets. Which really isnt saying much but I like him on the point on the PP, it shifts the D much easier.
But this is a team of soft wrist shots from 30 feet out with not much net front presence.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
some aren't hard enough on him, he's our highest paid forward with lots of skill that is just so frustrating to watch. He's looked better this year, great but he could be so good with the tools he has.
He’s stepped his game up so far this year. He’s been a consistently effective offence creator in our top 6. Highest paid? He’s getting 5.5m and has been earning it. He’s been a positive for us this season no matter how you slice it.

I get that the past couple of weeks have been frustrating but he’s not one of the guys who should be critiqued. He’s done his part. It’s other guys who need to step their games up.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
He’s stepped his game up so far this year. He’s been a consistently effective offence creator in our top 6. Highest paid? He’s getting 5.5m and has been earning it. He’s been a positive for us this season no matter how you slice it.

I get that the past couple of weeks have been frustrating but he’s not one of the guys who should be critiqued. He’s done his part. It’s other guys who need to step their games up.

How sad it is when your highest paid forward of the team earn 5.5 millions. Thats barely 2nd line players money.

MB need to do everything in his power to pry Eichel out of buffalo. At this point , I would trade the whole team for him. Would rather watch Eichel skates alone on the ice than watch this sad affair. What a boring team we have

Last edited:
Reactions: HankyZetts

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

2 goals isn't earning his pay imo. He has the skill to be a 70+ pt player but just can't see to put it all together consistently. He's on pace for another 53 pt season over 82, it's not terrible but with his skill he could be so much more.

No player is above being critiqued but certainly not a cream puff like Drouin. Though some of it is on us fans that overrated him as clearly he is just not very bright so maybe he's just a 50ish pts player that is soft as butter and weak defensively that does stupid shit here and there.

How sad it is when your highest paid forward of the team earn 5.5 millions. Thats barely 2nd line players money.

MB need to do everything in his power to pry Eichel out of buffalo. At this point , I would trade the whole team for him. Would rather watch Eichel skates alone on the ice than watch this sad affair. What a boring team we have

The Habs have 44M tied up to the goalie + defense position, you can't have that and high paid forwards unless you got a lot of cheap ELC's that can also be counted on to produce.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
imo Drouin is just very similar to Domi - similar offensive productions, defensively both aren't great, Domi takes more penalty but at least can be a spark plug and usually plays with more intensity. Drouin doesn't take penalties because he doesn't do much except when he has the puck really.

Another difference is that Drouin plays wings.

but yeah he is required/wanted on teams with low offensive talent (like Montreal), but unfortunately he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table

Personally, I would't trade Drouin vs Domi 1 vs 1. I know a lot won't agree but I like what I see from Drouin this year as much on the ice than off the ice.

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Personally, I would't trade Drouin vs Domi 1 vs 1. I know a lot won't agree but I like what I see from Drouin this year as much on the ice than off the ice.

Fair enough, like I said I consider them to have pretty equal value, depending on what style one prefers.

I personally enjoy watching Domi more, and also probably would like him more on my team, but that's a preference statement.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
some aren't hard enough on him, he's our highest paid forward with lots of skill that is just so frustrating to watch. He's looked better this year, great but he could be so good with the tools he has.
It's time to accept that he won't be that Patrick Kane type player despite having the hands and skill for it. He's putting up similar point totals as usual, but he's been a lot more engaged and is not a liability out there yet. I just wish he would shoot more instead of always looking for a pass, but he's been one of our most consistent forwards all year. For a guy that's known to be very inconsistent and soft, he's been the opposite so far which is great. However, I still wouldn't hesitate to trade him for a top 4 dman if there was the chance to do so.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's time to accept that he won't be that Patrick Kane type player despite having the hands and skill for it. He's putting up similar point totals as usual, but he's been a lot more engaged and is not a liability out there yet. I just wish he would shoot more instead of always looking for a pass, but he's been one of our most consistent forwards all year. For a guy that's known to be very inconsistent and soft, he's been the opposite so far which is great. However, I still wouldn't hesitate to trade him for a top 4 dman if there was the chance to do so.

He is a liability still as his drop pass in the final seconds of the period in a tight game shows. He looks better but still shows too many dumb things. I don't agree that he's been one of our most consistent forwards either, and he's certainly soft still.

in 11 games he has 0 pts, in 9 games he has 13 pts.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He is a liability still as his drop pass in the final seconds of the period in a tight game shows. He looks better but still shows too many dumb things. I don't agree that he's been one of our most consistent forwards either, and he's certainly soft still.

in 11 games he has 0 pts, in 9 games he has 13 pts.
Ya that's such nonsense, you just have a grudge against the player. Anderson made a horrible play in OT that nearly costed us the game if it wasn't for Allen not too long ago, is he a liability because of that too? He's nowhere near as soft as last year, looks far more engaged and is battling.

Toffoli has and 0 points in 10 games and 17 points in 10. Anderson has 0 points in 9 games and 12 points in 10. Gallagher has 0 points in 12 games and 10 points in 8. Suzuki has 0 points in 8 games and 14 points in 12. Tatar has 0 points in 10 games and 10 in 9 games. So only Suzuki has had less pointless games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->