Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
If Drouin comes back strong, then he might be our best acquisition in this off-season. Don't forget that Drouin was pretty good in his first 20 games of the last season.
The problem with Drouin has never been about 20 game stretches.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

«Il allait super bien pour vrai. Il avait l’air en forme. Il venait de s’entraîner. J’avais un bâton et il l’a signé. J’ai pris une photo avec lui. Il a pris son temps, il s'est même replacé les cheveux avant la photo. On a jasé pendant 5-6 minutes.»

«Il avait l’air en shape, insiste-t-il. Je l’ai croisé plusieurs fois dans ma vie et il avait l’air comme d’hab. Ça faisait un petit bout que je ne l’avais pas vu, comme il n’était pas vraiment disponible dernièrement.»

He's in good shape physically, that good to hear.

Reactions: FF de Mars

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
From the article in the paper that guy is a major autograph hound/stalker, he found him cause he spotted Drouin's parked car, his trunk was full of Drouin game used equipment.......

lol. This is probably a bigger reason why Drouin had a breakdown (if he had one) than any criticism the media have made towards his lack of productivity in the last year or so.

I mean. I can understand hounding/stalking players for autographs when you're a teen or a child. But as an adult male? For f*** sake. Grow up. At least leave the guy alone for the rest of the summer.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
lol. This is probably a bigger reason why Drouin had a breakdown (if he had one) than any criticism the media have made towards his lack of productivity in the last year or so.

I mean. I can understand hounding/stalking players for autographs when you're a teen or a child. But as an adult male? For f*** sake. Grow up. At least leave the guy alone for the rest of the summer.
Recall Stamkos-gate? Where the hockey rumor site dude followed Stamkos around Mtl (his UFA season) w his camera dressed in all black - hiding behind a lamppost or nearest object whenever he thought he was getting spotted by Stamkos?

At least Stamkos got a kick out of it, but can’t imagine players want that in their everyday life...which doesn’t help matters in luring players to the Habs

Reactions: ArtPeur

Jul 6, 2016
Savard traded both Schneider and Desjardins. The dismantling started with Serge, not Rejean.

And, before being fired, Savard was about to trade Roy + ???? to Colorado for Owan Nolan and Stef Fiset. Would had been better than Rucinsky, Kovalenko and Thibeault.....

And Savard did trade LeClair and Desjardins to get Recchi......

themilosh

Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Savard traded both Schneider and Desjardins. The dismantling started with Serge, not Rejean.
I like to believe the true dismantling started when we traded 6'3" 220lb John LeClair (massive playoff stud) and Point Stud 6'1" 205lb Eric Desjardins (and LW Dionne 6'0" 195lb) for Dr. Mark Recchi 5'10" 185lb.
Now, while Recchi was a solid player - by no means he was a stud player. This also shifted the look of the Habs from big bruising players to a small smurf group - along with Oleg Petrov, Valerie Bure and Saku.

Sure, those players are great to have (like Caufield) but NOT as the majority of the lineup. We got creamed from then on in for a solid 10 years of the worst hockey I have ever seen the Habs play.

themilosh

Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
And, before being fired, Savard was about to trade Roy + ???? to Colorado for Owan Nolan and Stef Fiset. Would had been better than Rucinsky, Kovalenko and Thibeault.....

And Savard did trade LeClair and Desjardins to get Recchi......
Only Rucinsky ended up being a decent pick up. mind you, I did think Joss Thibeault was going to be the next Roy, so I'm not one to talk.

just checking old picks.. Terry Ryan (LW). what a terrible pick (accident too)... but if you look at that draft not one LW did anything in the whole draft.. very odd. ot sure what our need was at the time, but that has to be the worst LW draft in history. 1995

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Recall Stamkos-gate? Where the hockey rumor site dude followed Stamkos around Mtl (his UFA season) w his camera dressed in all black - hiding behind a lamppost or nearest object whenever he thought he was getting spotted by Stamkos?

At least Stamkos got a kick out of it, but can’t imagine players want that in their everyday life...which doesn’t help matters in luring players to the Habs

That guy was basically the nhl version of TMZ.

I believe the number one detractor in general from guys coming to Montreal is the lack of privacy, and downright stalking behaviour in some cases.

Vancouver is not quite as intense, but I do recall stories of people camping out around pavel bure's residence, so you wonder what would happen in Montreal if they got their hands on a mega star the magnitude of bure today.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I was too young to remember exactly how the Schneider trade worked out.

But I remember liking Schneider and Muller for Malakhov and Pierre Turgeon. Was it actually a bad deal? As a kid I just remember liking Malakhov and Turgeon for their offensive flair.

Hould later had to trade Malakhov due to salary (and I think did well getting a young Souray). The Turgeon trade was another horrible blunder by Houle - first he couldn't appease his super star ego to share center duties with Koive and Damphouse. Second the actual deal was really bad - Murray Baron and Shayne Corson.

Reactions: themilosh

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o

But I remember liking Schneider and Muller for Malakhov and Pierre Turgeon. Was it actually a bad deal? As a kid I just remember liking Malakhov and Turgeon for their offensive flair.

Hould later had to trade Malakhov due to salary (and I think did well getting a young Souray). The Turgeon trade was another horrible blunder by Houle - first he couldn't appease his super star ego to share center duties with Koive and Damphouse. Second the actual deal was really bad - Murray Baron and Shayne Corson.
I was a huge fan of Turgeron (still have my Turgeon jersey). He had 96 points in his first full season with the Habs then got traded the next year. I wish he had played longer with the Habs he could have made those 90's teams more bearable to watch.

Reactions: BLONG7

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
In Sweden we have a term called 'killgissa', which roughly translates to 'guy guess'. Disregarding if the term itself is appropriate or not, it describes when a man (hence the name) says something like he knows exactly what he's talking about - when he's in fact just guessing.

I see a whole lot of that in this thread. A whole damn lot.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Let's hope his wrist is better and he can shoot again. Can't play in the NHL with a less-than-Mete muffin.

With the number of shooters, we got lately on this roster we'll need more his playmaking skill than anything.

Honestly I wouldn't want Drouin back if I were one of the guys who went to the SCF. Don't think he adds anything but headaches to the lineup

You have to be one of those cancel Logan guys, aren't you?

We don't even have all the info about Joe and his decision to leave the team but here you are "welcoming" him back.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Wasn’t really salary, it was more lack of desire the org got fed up with - Malakhov once got hurt & said he couldn’t play, yet was caught on the ski slopes in Tremblant with the family on game day.

In fact Malakhov a few years later stated in an interview he never was interested in hockey, but did it for the easy $

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
There's a post on the main hockey thread, about Nathan Mackinnon "Zadorov comments on Mackinnon’s training, leadership style". I get to wonder if Mackinnon was the same way in juniors and if that helped Drouin keep that motivation up. On all these past rumors saying that "what if" he was traded to Colorado, back to playing with Mackinnon.
E71OcdYVoAQFHwE

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Mackinnon and Drouin, could not be more opposite....sad.
Drouin has more natural ability, and absolutely nothing else...
Mackinnon is so focused, and all about being better, and his actions speak loudly.....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The thing about Drouin is that he's arguably the most frustrating player to watch. He's so damn talented but his brain is swiss cheese. No consistency what so ever and always leaves you wanting him to do more. He's so capable of being a top end talent but can't get his shit together. I hope whatever he went through and the time off allowed him to fix what needed fixing and he can play up to his level. It's probably more likely he does this on another team and we get squat in the deal which just adds to his legend of let downs and disappointment.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He starts every season strong and then peters out.

I agree but I also felt he was solid in the 2020 playoffs. Had a few bad games but overall, he did what we expected from Drouin when we traded for him.

He's just not a complete forward and he makes dumb decisions when contact is coming. He really does need to watch how Caufield don't stop moving. That's the type of game he needs to play. Just play safe in our end but attack, attack, attack using his skill/vision/skating in the other two zones. He can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->