Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Trashing Drouin after an L. The new therapy.
He gets all kinds of love when he plays well, don’t act as if he’s some kind of martyr. He takes shifts off, he made selfish plays all night, way too long of shifts and nothing is done. He’s the golden boy, and when you start being selfish and not putting the team first, you deserve every bit of bashing you get here. When he laid down to block shots last game, everyone was impressed. Tonight, he was playing for the name on the back and not the logo up front which pisses people off...

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Very disappointed in Drouin. Soft, does not try enough to win fights for the puck, but most importantly, terrible decision making. He looks good handling the puck and skating, but he does not have the brain for the game. Probably will never have it. I would trade him asap while he still has value. We could be headed toward a Gomez-type situation with Drouin, when his motivation dwindled.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
And gets abundant first wave PP minutes...
And doesn't see his minutes cut when taking his long ass shifts.

Kovalev was a cup winner with some 90pt seasons on his resume... What has Drouin done to be given the same kind of flex?

Kovalev did all of that shit before the Cup (year 2 of his career) and well before the 90 point season (only had 1). Players who have that in their game tend to always have it. Drouin is fine, the micro-analyzing of his game well lead to insane highs and lows. It did with Kovalev too. The forum used to f***ing trash Kovalev after bad games and praise the hell out of him after good ones, now, in hindsight he's obviously remembered very fondly. With Drouin, he's fun to watch. His decision making isn't as bad as people imply and he can handle the puck at high speeds. He needs to use his shot more but either way, no one will care about the highs and lows if he produces. People are on edge because of the lack of production last year. He needs a 65-75 point season to justify this all.

With that said, he's got 5 points in 7 games. 4 points on the PP and 1 on a penalty shot. He NEEDS to be an impact player 5 on 5.

Reactions: ArtPeur

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He gets all kinds of love when he plays well, don’t act as if he’s some kind of martyr. He takes shifts off, he made selfish plays all night, way too long of shifts and nothing is done. He’s the golden boy, and when you start being selfish and not putting the team first, you deserve every bit of bashing you get here. When he laid down to block shots last game, everyone was impressed. Tonight, he was playing for the name on the back and not the logo up front which pisses people off...

That's not what I saw. Yes, he lost the puck a few times, but that is a risk with a puck-carrier. But what was noticeable compared to his first 55 games last year is that he backchecks now with passion. Give him credit when it's due, please. He's not my favourite player, but I don't like seeing exaggerated criticism.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Price doesn’t get backdoored no one is talking about Drouin.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
That's not what I saw. Yes, he lost the puck a few times, but that is a risk with a puck-carrier. But what was noticeable compared to his first 55 games last year is that he backchecks now with passion. Give him credit when it's due, please. He's not my favourite player, but I don't like seeing exaggerated criticism.

Subban was a puck carrier and he got absolutly blasted when he did the kind of stupid shit Drouin is doing.

But hey, Drouin can do no wrong I guess.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Subban was a puck carrier and he got absolutly blasted when he did the kind of stupid **** Drouin is doing.

Can do no wrong? The guy gets trashed by 75% of the fan base after every loss!!!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would trade Drouin for a potential top pairing young defender, am I grasping at straws here? Is Bergevin able to pull off this type of deal?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Subban was a puck carrier and he got absolutly blasted when he did the kind of stupid **** Drouin is doing.

He's one of, if not the, most heavily criticized players on this team.

In what world, because it ain't this one, can he do no wrong?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

There is a difference if a defenceman is last man back and loses the puck as PK once did famously against Scheifele. That play went viral because the level of risk was so much higher than the type of plays puckcarrying forwards make - most of the time.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Can do no wrong? The guy gets trashed by 75% of the fan base after every loss!!!

Well obviously not for everyone. You guys are defending him after a bad game. You pretend he didn't deserve criticism the other time that he were bad. He's a victim. Hes a scapegoat.

Price also got blame for the loss despite 3 legit goals against that he couldn't much. When you are supposively the best player, the expectations are higher. Drouin is paid as one of our best forward so he should play like one. I'm sorry but I don't think that the case from the beginning of the season. You wonder why Domi, Gallagher, Byron doesn't get blamed as much as Drouin? Let me tell you that it has nothing to do with Bergevin because domi and Drouin are in the same "situation".

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Drouin is the new DD lol. Didn't think he was particularly bad last night except in OT. The Habs as a whole need to work on that tbh. They all seem lost out there. Especially Armia

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Drouin is the new DD lol. Didn't think he was particularly bad last night except in OT. The Habs as a whole need to work on that tbh. They all seem lost out there. Especially Armia
He's worse than DD in an overall sense. DD at least worked in a certain respect. Drouin doesn't work with anyone, nor himself. Not yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad