Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We need a young top LD with skill who is also reliable to play on a top pair for 20+ mins a game.

Sergachev is not that.

At least not yet.
Whatever the equivalent of that is at forward, Drouin isn't that either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin is still trying to dangle and beat a few players on his own but I am seeing some cases where he is trying to keep it more simple. It's nice to see him play better

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We need a young top LD with skill who is also reliable to play on a top pair for 20+ mins a game.

Sergachev is not that.

At least not yet.

One additional thing about Sergachev, he's more comfortable on the right side despite being left handed. If he was still here he'd be playing either on his less productive side, or we'd still be looking for another highly skilled LHD.

Reactions: Vachon23 and 417

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
On a powerplay Drouin was holding the puck for ever and Tatar kept requesting for a pass ... a pass that never came. Don't know if anybody noticed.

It must be so frustrating to see this guy trying to dance around the entire opposite team. I feel like I'm watching a 12 years old kid playing in EASHL.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I doubt you go from getting all the PP time to benched in Bergevin era nepotism.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Not his best game this year.Seemed like both teams were playing with a rubber ball tonight.Puck was bouncing a lot.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I missed the 3rd and OT but not sure what everyone’s complaining about. Had another point and could have had a couple more as well. I think they should move Lehkonen from that line tbh.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Seems like there's a team mandate to give him more rope & more opportunity than I've ever seen a young, offensively gifted player get in Montreal...

I don't mind the approach, but it doesn't seem like Drouin has the hockey IQ to make the most of it.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Lol Drouin and scapegoat should never be in the same sentence.. everybody can see his poor effort and ethic. From coach, gm, fans and media. His reputation is quite widely known so hes one guy that deserves the criticism.

Everybody like everyone, you mean all the people who watch Habs game agree with that......well, you are wrong cuz i dont

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Seems like there's a team mandate to give him more rope & more opportunity than I've ever seen a young, offensively gifted player get in Montreal...

I don't mind the approach, but it doesn't seem like Drouin has the hockey IQ to make the most of it.
People look at the TOI and may think that, but honestly he just has Kovalev syndrome- guy takes long ass shifts lol

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
People look at the TOI and may think that, but honestly he just has Kovalev syndrome- guy takes long ass shifts lol

And gets abundant first wave PP minutes...
And doesn't see his minutes cut when taking his long ass shifts.

Kovalev was a cup winner with some 90pt seasons on his resume... What has Drouin done to be given the same kind of flex?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
And gets abundant first wave PP minutes...
And doesn't see his minutes cut when taking his long ass shifts.

Kovalev was a cup winner with some 90pt seasons on his resume... What has Drouin done to be given the same kind of flex?
He gets his shift and his PP1 shift, it’s just he stays on the ice for way longer than anyone else. I’m only mentioning Kovalev because he used to do that as well. I honestly don’t think it’s coaching and if anything I imagine it pisses the coaches off.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He gets his shift and his PP1 shift, it’s just he stays on the ice for way longer than anyone else. I’m only mentioning Kovalev because he used to do that as well. I honestly don’t think it’s coaching and if anything I imagine it pisses the coaches off.

When a coach is pissed off, he glues a player to the bench.

I seriously doubt Drouin's ice time isn't intended.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad