Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yup. Drouin was awesome in those playoffs...Tampa reached the Stanley Cup Finals (plus Stamkos was injured the whole time, I think). At the time I thought our Habs would never be able to get Drouin (due to his value going UP or WAY UP after that). If we make the playoffs...Drouin should be our no.1 or no.2 playoff point getter. You keep that.

Our young d-core (+ maybe a top 20 pick overall dman in 2019): Noah Juulsen, Victor Mete, Josh Brook, Cale Fleury...not looking bad at all. I liked Sergachev's offensive potential, but doubt his defensive game.

I see reality hasn't registered yet

Make that top 10-15

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Drouin is a Vegeta. Legitimately talented, but fat ego and huge flaws result in him f***ing things up when they shouldn't happen. Think "having Cell beat but lets him absorb 18 level of f***up".

And of course, in words of Goku Black, "he's just an appetizer..."

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We will be selecting top 7 before it's all over, in my opinion. Hopefully top 3. If Domi cools off, then Drouin will tail by association. That'll leave us going down, down, down.
If Domi cools off? Hopefully opposing teams will hunt down Drouin like a wild animal!

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He can really move the puck, needs a sniper to feed that to.
Yeah, he dished a perfect pass to Domi with the goalie pulled. Domi is great, but he's not a sniper. Someone like Galchenyuk or Pacioretty would have put it home, probably.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, he dished a perfect pass to Domi with the goalie pulled. Domi is great, but he's not a sniper. Someone like Galchenyuk or Pacioretty would have put it home, probably.

He and Domi are the same player.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
If Domi cools off? Hopefully opposing teams will hunt down Drouin like a wild animal!
Yes Domi... Once Domi regresses a little closer to his normal, Drouin's production will drop big time as well. This is still a really bad team that has played very exciting hockey and well above the overall team skill/talent level.

Reactions: Tank Toad

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We need goal scorer to finish the plays of Drouin Domi and KK. How many time we see one of those makinh really nice pass but the shooter can't finish ?

Reactions: habergeon

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Drouin is a Vegeta. Legitimately talented, but fat ego and huge flaws result in him ****ing things up when they shouldn't happen. Think "having Cell beat but lets him absorb 18 level of ****up".

And of course, in words of Goku Black, "he's just an appetizer..."

You can love, or hate Drouin, but I suggest he's out most talented all around forward at this point. Domi has the skills, but he has bigger mental blocks than Drouin, and probably more desire. But when you watch Drouin go end-to-end , you can't fake that skill.. he's a raw talent still.

I think he's better out of the limelight, he looks like a kid that sees the player the fans are dying for him to be, but can't deliver, and it bothers him. If he had 2 more players to compliment other lines, take the pressure off.. I think he delivers much more. Right now its either focus on Drouin, or Domi, and there's nothing really else to worry about. They are getting the shit beat out of them on every other night, they are not big players.

I think that's why I wanted Tkachuk in Montreal more than JK, that physical player to take the charge and help carry the load. That's just me though, not many people here agree with me.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You haven’t been paying much attention to Sergachev this season have you?

As good as his rookie season was, he’s been ok to poor all season long. Check his player thread on the TB boards. Check his usage (sheltered 3rd pair) inconsisant and dwindling I’ve time from the start of this year.

The development of defensemen is even less predictable than forwards so it isn’t to say that his potential still won’t be might. This might be a sophomore dip like many players go through before be becoming a star even. It’s absolutely not set in stone that’ll be a top pairing D though, and a significant number of Tampa fans are currently voicing that opinion.

I’m sure that if he had been playing for us this season with the quality he’s given them this season, the majority of posters here would be saying we wasted a high pick on.

Sergachev is just out of his teens. It's too premature to predict much other than he'll be an NHL regular.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
40 points by a dman is obviously more valuable than 53 points by a forward. You don't need a calculator for that, just simple sense.

I don't think your one cherry picked line is as obvious as you think it is. Were talking about year to year fluctuations and what Sergachev would have to do to equal Drouin's 53 pt season. Also, It's not just about points. But carry one with this one part.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I don't think your one cherry picked line is as obvious as you think it is. Were talking about year to year fluctuations and what Sergachev would have to do to equal Drouin's 53 pt season. Also, It's not just about points. But carry one with this one part.
A forty point dman is a top3 dman at the very least, and likely a top2. A 53 point winger is a 2nd line winger. It's inconvenient for you to admit it but they're incomparable.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Sergachev is just out of his teens. It's too premature to predict much other than he'll be an NHL regular.

Well, portions of this fanbase are ready to trade Mete++ for another young LHD that isn't a sure top pair guy (or even a 3D) and Mete is like 2 1/2 weeks older than Sergachev.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The penalty was unintentional. That speed boost he pulled was insane, he entered the matrix for 3 seconds.

that was unreal. One of the best goals/rushes I've seen from a Hab in eons. That penalty sucked but he's getting better and better and he's producing. I think he'll always frustrate but we're starting to get better glimpses of the guy that everyone was salivating over at the draft. If we can get to a spot where he's our 3rd or 4th best forward then we'll be in business. I would love for him to just become that superstar that he has the talent to be but I don't think it will happen. Doesn't mean he can't be really valuable. I think he'll be our Kovalev in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad