Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Guy Laflamme edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I was referring to Habs fans in general. HFHabs member are not habs fan? Complicated. I think it's easier to just whine about something eh?

Faulty generalization won't get you anywhere.
You said the players stay away from Montreal because of the pressure from the fans, so do you think the stuffs posted ON HFHabs is playing a role in the players decision to sign or not to sign with the Habs?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They should look in the mirror then.

Sorry but Lehkonen has become ****, Mete couldn’t score on a soccer net, Armia can’t score, Danault absolutely **** the bed on his assignments, Reilly is a puckmover that provides no offence. Drouin needs to be better but he’s not at fault.

I mean I like Danault, he does great work defensively, but on a 3 on 1 he passed it to a guy not looking and ****ed everything up. He screws up a lot in transition. But let’s blame Drouin.

All the players you name have nothing to do with Drouin.

I'll bet you than on any other team, Lehkonen would be sitting or playing sporadically on the 4th line. Mete would never be a first pairing D. Armia would have no business in the top 2 lines, nor on the PP. Danault would be a third line C. Reilly would be sitting, probably be a 7th or 8th D.

Drouin is a top 6 player, more is expected of him than the players you named.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Armia can't score as of now, but wait until KK develops physically. I think it's possible that we see them play together for quite some time and I'm sure Armia will find his scoring touch then, he just needs KK to be better which could come as soon as next year. While most here comments that KK should and will get better linemates later on, I feel that Armia is a good option for playing with KK for much longer than most here.

Danault's still learning and he did failed on his defensive assignment in some key moments, but he's being asked a lot and doing a great job so far, much more then we would have imagined at the start of the year.

Drouin is obviously making many indefensible mistakes defensively. He had that insane game where everything went right and now everything is back to normal. He's a frustrating player that's for sure. However, he's one of the most skilled player on the team and I feel he's a very good 2nd line winger as of now. He should have a different role on the PP though, it's just not working there with him. I am not overly worried with him, he should just have fewer assignments once our prospects develops and we have other options up front.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
All the players you name have nothing to do with Drouin.

I'll bet you than on any other team, Lehkonen would be sitting or playing sporadically on the 4th line. Mete would never be a first pairing D. Armia would have no business in the top 2 lines, nor on the PP. Danault would be a third line C. Reilly would be sitting, probably be a 7th or 8th D.

Drouin is a top 6 player, more is expected of him than the players you named.
Boom!! God damn right.
giphy.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Nothing wrong with having a bunch of assistants to do the work for you. It helps you focus on things that require more brain power.

But this guy is doing jack **** on the ice and is a major liability both offensively, defensively, on the powerplay and on 4vs3 OT.

He’s really way too inconsistent and that is not something you want on your team.
You'll get no argument from me

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wouldn't that correlation exist for pretty much any player? You're going to score more points at a higher rate over the long term against weaker teams.

Seems normal to me.

I had that reaction when I first looked at it but then I don't have comparables for other players. Could also be read as an indicator that when the going gets rough, he doesn't get going? The skilled players, like he is, I suspect don't have the same kind of stat discrepancy but that's just a hunch.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I had that reaction when I first looked at it but then I don't have comparables for other players. Could also be read as an indicator that when the going gets rough, he doesn't get going? The skilled players, like he is, I suspect don't have the same kind of stat discrepancy but that's just a hunch.

We also need a per game or per 60 to really figure out what value this has. Plus more predictive stats.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We also need a per game or per 60 to really figure out what value this has. Plus more predictive stats.

I agree. They shouldn't have made that tweet available in isolation.

Does anyone have comparables for similar players?

Reactions: Canadienna

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If there is any credence behind that, it shows that Julien has learned a lot about how not to lose a room.
Sure. Calls him out after that game but then the next gives him the highest TOI for forwards and even gives him some PK time. I'm sure that went over dandy with the room. Maybe the bathroom

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Sure. Calls him out after that game but then the next gives him the highest TOI for forwards and even gives him some PK time. I'm sure that went over dandy with the room. Maybe the bathroom

well one could argue that after calling him out, its putting him on notice. You then follow up to "support" your star player by seeing how he responds and that also includes giving him a ton of ice time.

Evidently JD did not respond in the correct manner....

Now we will see if he gets cut back as a result

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
well one could argue that after calling him out, its putting him on notice. You then follow up to "support" your star player by seeing how he responds and that also includes giving him a ton of ice time.

Evidently JD did not respond in the correct manner....

Now we will see if he gets cut back as a result
That's how I see it.

When you call the player out you give him a game or two to produce. If he doesn't then come the negative consequences.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Drouin dumb as rocks.

Actually if you listen to Drouin in both French and English (not his native tongue), he is quite smart and aware. His on-ice split second decision-making, however, is one to two steps below his talent level, and that is why he is a frustrating player to follow. If only he had the instincts of Guy Lafleur to go with a similar talent set (maybe the slap shot isn't as good, but that's about it). Ironically, Guy actually is intellectually weak, but not Jonathan. Not at all.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Not the bathroom. They moved Weise's stall there, at his suggestion.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Well, that is one of two things.
1. Hearing problem which the Lightning should have disclosed to us before we traded for him.
2. He does not have the capacity in the cranial region to process what he is told to do.
Or he does process it but forget its when he's playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad