Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Very impressed with him so far. At first, I want too happy because he only got his points from Domi. Now it's the other way around. Hopefully he keeps it up.

yeah would be nice if both those guys could get going at the same time. Bit worried about Domi because I was definitely buying the hype. You'd have to think that Domi would slump, I just hope it doesn't last too long. We have both these guys playing to their potential more consistently then we'd have a pretty damn solid young core with more on the way. I really think this is the best young talent we've had in awhile, on the team along with what's coming down the pipe. Not quite enough but it's a damn good start.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
yeah would be nice if both those guys could get going at the same time. Bit worried about Domi because I was definitely buying the hype. You'd have to think that Domi would slump, I just hope it doesn't last too long. We have both these guys playing to their potential more consistently then we'd have a pretty damn solid young core with more on the way. I really think this is the best young talent we've had in awhile, on the team along with what's coming down the pipe. Not quite enough but it's a damn good start.
Domi's still getting/generating chances - it's just the puck isn't going in.

Ebb & flow of a long season.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Don’t worry, Domi is a 1st line center and still only 23. Even if he ends up being a great 2 way 65-70 point center that’s a major win for us.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You do realize Krejci has 87 points in 108 playoff games. His regular season PPG is 0.74 but his playoff PPG is 0.81...how is that sign of a choker?

As much as I like and respect Plekanec there's an irony to comparing someone to him because Plekanec always underperformed offensively come playoff time.

Krejci was their top scorer in both cup runs.

"Choker"

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Domi had a great past couple of games.
Last game he probably had/created 5 grade A scoring chances

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Domi's still getting/generating chances - it's just the puck isn't going in.

Ebb & flow of a long season.

Don’t worry, Domi is a 1st line center and still only 23. Even if he ends up being a great 2 way 65-70 point center that’s a major win for us.

Domi had a great past couple of games.
Last game he probably had/created 5 grade A scoring chances

awesome to hear. saw bits and pieces of the Rags game and didn't see the Sharks game. As long as Domi's still making things happen I'm happy.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I like what Shaw brings to there line but I want an upgrade, mainly a better shot and size.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I agree. But we need to upgrade the LD before we could ever start thinking of upgrading the RW.

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

The definition of a chemistry line.
Either way, you got to give to get.
Trade baits are slim in term of players, rich in draft pick and deep pockets. Looks like many here would rather keep the picks, and I for either.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Man have the tables turned since last season. Sergachev exposed and Drouin a force. Not the one-sided deal Habs fans kept crying about.
It helps that the difference comes after we stop trying to force him as a centre. Drouin on Domi’s wing is sick.

Reactions: Tuggy

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I will be the first one to diss him when he plays bad but I’ve got to give him a some credit this season. He has been good...he still make those stupid passes and turns the puck way too frequently but he’s stepped up his game.

He’s starting to look more like the player that we hoped for when we acquired him.

Reactions: 26Mats

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1st time seeing Drou doing a bodycheck on a Opponent to recover a lost puck and generating a occas with it :D

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I will be the first one to diss him when he plays bad but I’ve got to give him a some credit this season. He has been good...he still make those stupid passes and turns the puck way too frequently but he’s stepped up his game.

He’s starting to look more like the player that we hoped for when we acquired him.

I feel like I'm seeing less and less of the brain farts. He just seems to keep getting better and better.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I agree. I have been very critical of Drouin this season. However, I saw much improvement in his decision making over the last 5-10 games.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I always thought at the time that i would do a trade Drouin- Galchenyuk in a heartbeat......I still think it...

Both 3rd overall
One was born in 94..the other in 95
Both number 27.

But man Drouin has a lot more skills

Reactions: dralaf and Belial

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I always thought at the time that i would do a trade Drouin- Galchenyuk in a heartbeat......I still think it...

Both 3rd overall
One was born in 94..the other in 95
Both number 27.

But man Drouin has a lot more skills

They're very different players. Galchenyuk is more of a shooter.

I really wish we still had both. Galchenyuk would fit perfectly at rightwing on that first line - or on Kotkaniemi's wing. Would be nice to have a finisher with good puck skills for KK to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->