Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ok, I’m done bashing the kid after the last play I just saw. He is learning! I mean it. The little bastard had 2-3 players closing on him while skating backwards in his own zone, about 6 feet/celcius from his own board, and was looking them in the eyes as he made a brilliant outlet pass. I think he even caught up to the play and got a shot off. If he starts to be a giant p***y again? I may complain. Come on Johnny! Seriously!

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
David Krejci had the backing of Chara but still unloaded himself on Pleks three years ago, costing Boston at least a point in similar fashion. Some players don't lose their **** when the stakes matter. Others do. Drouin falls into the latter category.
Yes based on that evidence but to me that dosen't warrant the comment about the figure skating stuff that I ranted about, it was childish and disrespectful of one of my favorite Habs this year so I had to call that shit out.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
David Krejci had the backing of Chara but still unloaded himself on Pleks three years ago, costing Boston at least a point in similar fashion. Some players don't lose their **** when the stakes matter. Others do. Drouin falls into the latter category.
If only Drouin had the personality of Plekanec we could dream of seeing the Habs win a cup with him someday. But no, unfortunately Drouin loses his **** when it matters like that choker known as David Krejci.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I knew Drouin would get absolutely eaten alive here after that high stick. It's not nearly the first time his carelessness costs us a goal against so it's an issue for sure but completely throwing him to the wolves and calling him a choke artist just because of that one play is a bit ridiculous.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I knew Drouin would get absolutely eaten alive here after that high stick. It's not nearly the first time his carelessness costs us a goal against so it's an issue for sure but completely throwing him to the wolves and calling him a choke artist just because of that one play is a bit ridiculous.
He had a good game. That burst of speed to assist on the Shaw goal was insane.

Reactions: dralaf

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
LOL go look up his playoff stats in junior and his one nhl playoff run buddy.

Agree at 100%

Ask Patrick Roy if Drouin is a choker or not..... Few Years ago, the Remparts had a hell of a team....and Halifax played against them in playoffs. Mackinnon had a good series but Drouin destroyed Quebec at the 7th game with a hat trick.

It is all about emotion with Drouin...when he is on...watch out.

The series Tampa Pens 2 years ago....i mean he was the best player for Tampa. They lost the 7th game and Drouin played a hell of a series.

I am 43 years old and I remember so well Stepjane Richer who was my favorite player at the time. Richer was a frustrating player for the fans but he was so spectacular and he was dominant in playoffs.

a lot of people knows Richer for his tremendous slap shot but Richer was a stong skater with great hands as well.

He was a lot bigger than Drouin but i see a lot of similiarities between those two. Both can be lazy sometimes. I remember back in the day..I knew if Richer would have a good game on just watching his first shift....he was so enigmatic but when he was on, he was one of the most dominant player in the world

Like Richer, Drouin will have a lot of haters thougout is career but I don't know...it's the type of player that I love.

Kind of player that you don't know what to expect from game to game but I want to pay to see them a lot more than grinders..

Reactions: dralaf and Vachon23

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He's looked great, even if that emotion has gotten the best of him at key times. At least he's playing with emotion, and if he had a sniper on his line this year, I'm sure he would be leading the team in points.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Agree at 100%

Ask Patrick Roy if Drouin is a choker or not..... Few Years ago, the Remparts had a hell of a team....and Halifax played against them in playoffs. Mackinnon had a good series but Drouin destroyed Quebec at the 7th game with a hat trick.

The series Tampa Pens 2 years ago....i mean he was the best player for Tampa. They lost the 7th game and Drouin played a hell of a series.

I am 43 years old and I remember so well Stepjane Richer who was my favorite player at the time. Richer was a frustrating player for the fans but he was so spectacular and he was dominant in playoffs.

a lot of people knows Richer for his tremendous slap shot but Richer was a stong skater with great hands as well.

He was a lot bigger than Drouin but i see a lot of similiarities between those two. Both can be lazy sometimes. I remember back in the day..I knew if Richer would have a good game on just watching his first shift....he was so enigmatic but when he was on, he was one of the most dominant player in the world

Like Richer, Drouin will have a lot of haters thougout is career but I don't know...it's the type of player that I love.

Kind of player that you don't know what to expect from game to game but I want to pay to see them a lot more than grinders..

You summed up the frustrating part of JD right there. He is just very inconsistent at this point. Looks great on some plays and terrible on others. It's not even game to game... he can be solid for 55 minutes and then blow it after.

Reactions: montreal

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
You summed up the frustrating part of JD right there. He is just very inconsistent at this point. Looks great on some plays and terrible on others. It's not even game to game... he can be solid for 55 minutes and then blow it after.

I agree but i repeat that his penalty the othe day is more an accident than anything else. He is not lucky that Backed was bleedind by this little hit.

he played an a hell of a game. in fact it was the most spectacular game by a player for this team since Radu, P.K and Kovy

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I’ve always believed Drouin would be a 70 ish point guy for us.

Believed it last year when he struggled, believe it again this year now that he is excelling. He’s a next-level talent guy who sees the game a lot differently than most. His issue / problems will always be between his ears, but it’s been like that since midget.

We are seeing this year the difference in playing with an offensive, speedy, offensive centre can make in his production (and full credit to Domi). If that line ever gets a legitimate finisher / goal scorer, they are going to put up insane amounts of points.

I’d be really tempted to load up that line with Gallagher, but I understand the need for balance and the Danault / Tatar / Gallagher line has played well for a while now.

Reactions: Vachon23

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If only Drouin had the personality of Plekanec we could dream of seeing the Habs win a cup with him someday. But no, unfortunately Drouin loses his **** when it matters like that choker known as David Krejci.

You do realize Krejci has 87 points in 108 playoff games. His regular season PPG is 0.74 but his playoff PPG is 0.81...how is that sign of a choker?

As much as I like and respect Plekanec there's an irony to comparing someone to him because Plekanec always underperformed offensively come playoff time.

Reactions: Vachon23 and 417

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You do realize Krejci has 87 points in 108 playoff games. His regular season PPG is 0.74 but his playoff PPG is 0.81...how is that sign of a choker?

As much as I like and respect Plekanec there's an irony to comparing someone to him because Plekanec always underperformed offensively come playoff time.

Circumstance matters.

- Krejci was a #2C behind Bergeron
- Pleky was a #2C but being used as a #1C with little talent surrounding him. Remember what Pleky was able to accomplish by playing with Cammy in their prime years?

Now Pleky declined in recent years but there is a bit of an age gap between these two. So it's only fair to evaluate based on similar age points

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Agree at 100%

So true ! The year they won the Memorial Cup in the Q playoff Drouin was there best player before MacKinnon

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Drouin's level of consistency has really improved lately. Earlier in the year he'd follow up good games with some awful games - lately he's been keeping it simple, moving his feet and getting more involved physically.

Reactions: Tuggy and Vachon23

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica

lol yes

I guess my post was too subtle

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drouin's level of consistency has really improved lately. Earlier in the year he'd follow up good games with some awful games - lately he's been keeping it simple, moving his feet and getting more involved physically.

He's often 1st on the puck really like his game since November even if he makes mistakes. I rhink where starting to see the player we got from Tampa and that's a really good news

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Another great game from Drouin. Its like he has a new attitude. Meanwhile it looks like Arizona Domi has found his way into the lineup and looks lost and sloppy out there. What on earth happened to him?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agree at 100%

This is the key with Drouin. He needs talent around him and then you start to see the results (MacKinnon for example). He is not a leader but he is one dam good #3 or #4 piece and has break open skills.

Gaudreau is a good example. Some can say he disappears from time to time as well. It's the type of style they play and they are valuable in open space or on the PP. Don't expect them to win puck battles

Reactions: 417

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

agreed, if he can keep this up while being a 70 point ish player that would be great to see.

Another great game from Drouin. Its like he has a new attitude. Meanwhile it looks like Arizona Domi has found his way into the lineup and looks lost and sloppy out there. What on earth happened to him?

there was no way Domi was going to keep up that pace, even now he's still at a ppg which is just shocking to me and I liked him from his junior days. It will be very interesting to see what kind of season he has this year and beyond. If they have found a legit 60-70+ pt player then that's a heck of a pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad