Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
This is definitely not something that would be posted on a “figure skating” forum.
Stick it to hockey and I will gladly have a conversation with you but if you insist talking about figure skating you're most probably not on the right forums. As for implying that Drouin dislikes physical confrontation vs bigger men, you might not be wrong on that but he's still much tougher than you are, and he might've lost his temper but to me it highlights a team's weakness, in not having anyone able to relieve that kind of pressure from it's top line players.

Reactions: Chr1s97

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Speaking of violence, do the Drouin McNuggets comme with a crosscheck to the chiclets, allowing for multiple nuggets to fit snugly into the mouth?

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
That reply is the last refuge of the unimaginative. It would be like someone suggesting you take your show to a forum on proper debating technique. :sarcasm:

How am I supposed to properly debate a guy coming in here and bitching about a guy taking a penalty for crosschecking someone in the face while simultaneously suggesting he try figure skating because he's so afraid of physical contact. Obviously he has a deep dislike for the player, which is fine, but he hasn't even tried to make a point.

In terms of being imaginative though, nothing more creative than suggesting a skill player try figure skating! Really good. Glad that's where you decided to jump in and make your stand about imagination.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Kid should be sitting next game to knock his ego down a few notches, too many lazy selfish plays that would've seen just about anyone else already benched/scratched/demoted

Reactions: cphabs

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
How am I supposed to properly debate a guy coming in here and *****ing about a guy taking a penalty for crosschecking someone in the face while simultaneously suggesting he try figure skating because he's so afraid of physical contact. Obviously he has a deep dislike for the player, which is fine, but he hasn't even tried to make a point.

In terms of being imaginative though, nothing more creative than suggesting a skill player try figure skating! Really good. Glad that's where you decided to jump in and make your stand about imagination.

There is a not so subtle difference between criticizing a player and a poster, that's all. Talk about post content and you're fine. :)

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
How am I supposed to properly debate a guy coming in here and *****ing about a guy taking a penalty for crosschecking someone in the face while simultaneously suggesting he try figure skating because he's so afraid of physical contact. Obviously he has a deep dislike for the player, which is fine, but he hasn't even tried to make a point.

He was maybe a fan of Begin and Darche....you know the kind of guys with no skills at all... I prefer to pay the figure skating players such as Drouin, Kovalev, Subban and Richer..

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

I’m pretty sure his stand was about threatening violence against a poster/opinion. Not my “imagination”. In any case, seriously, I thought the figure skating, including the OT post, was funny.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
There is a not so subtle difference between criticizing a player and a poster, that's all. Talk about post content and you're fine. :)

I understand the difference, I find specific posts particularly objectionable, like suggesting NHLers are too soft for hockey and should try figure skating. I found it rude and adding nothing of substance and I felt compelled to make the post I did, you felt compelled to take a personal shot back at me instead of simply reporting it. I have no issue with that, at all.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
I’m pretty sure his stand was about threatening violence against a poster/opinion. Not my “imagination”. In any case, seriously, I thought the figure skating, including the OT post, was funny.

That's cool. I didn't threaten violence against anyone, I just said you seem to know about figure skating than hockey so try a figure skating forum. I'm not bothered by his reply, I'm just saying if he wants to talk about imagination, yeesh.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
That's cool. I didn't threaten violence against anyone, I just said you seem to know about figure skating than hockey so try a figure skating forum. I'm not bothered by his reply, I'm just saying if he wants to talk about imagination, yeesh.
I think Drouin would make a fantastic figure skater! My daughter is a figure skater and says this sentiment as we watch our favorite hockey team play.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I think Drouin would make a fantastic figure skater! My daughter is a figure skater and says this sentiment as we watch our favorite hockey team play.

That's perfect, you have to have skill to be a good figure skater.....Begin had not that talent..

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Honestly... the thing that bothers me the most about JD... is the entire double standard BS because hes a home town hero.

Young player, bound to make some mistakes. Yep of course, its part of learning and we should expect it and hope that he learns.

It just bothers me so much how he can string together a few awful games, and literally gets nothing for it at all in terms of punishment.

had that been any other player with a Russian sounding name he would be thrown to the 4th line.

JD is going to mess up, but its the double standard that just makes me not like him as much.

I mean I dont think its JD either, the last two habs coaches have had hard ons for french speaking players and irrationally hated others.

I just want a level playing field. French, English, Russian, ETC.... treat em all the same. Instead we get favorites and star treatment.

Plays well, reward him. S**ts the bed, punish him....

not to bloody difficult. :thumbu:

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I don't think it's funny.

Y'know, I have all respect in the world for hockey players because it's probably the fastest and most dangerous teamsport in the world, where sometimes lives at at stake. It's hipocritical to then 'joke' about the manliness or lack there of of anyone who practices this sport professionally, no matter how you put it (as a joke or as a direct insult). Or, I simply just don't get the humor. But to me, it's not even humor, coming from you and your post history, you clearly don't like the guy and took a shot at him for whatever are your reasons. But, even if you don't like the guy you can post things much less idiotic than implying he'd be a better figure skater, for Christ sake. You just made everyone dumber, like Billy Madison.

If anything, Drouin actually acted tough 'cause he was battling with someone who's much bigger than him, it's just unfortunate that Backes had his head going downward. So, to me, you're coming off as very disrespectful, for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: Drouin92

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I think he would like figure skating. At least the individual competition/level, where you don’t have to touch anyone.
Drouin got us in to the game when everyone one of our forwards couldn't get us going. Drouin is the guy who lit the spark for us. Without Drouin, there is no comeback. Get that through your head. It was also an unintentional penalty. He had to protect himself quickly and that's what came to mind. Obviously it was a bad penalty but he didn't mean to do that. The penalty was also moments after a Bruins player tried to knee him in the corner. You have an undeniable vendetta against one of our best young forwards. He's going to be a very important piece of our team for years to come so whether you like him or not is irrelevant. The fact that you say he would be a great figure skater is an awful take. It's not that funny either. If you would've watched the game, you would've seen how Drouin drilled some people. Did you see his hit on Marchand? He was physical. This year tries hard every shift and leaves it all on the ice. He forechecks too. He's also the most skilled forward on our team by far. You come across extremely biased here and it makes me wonder why you hate Drouin so much.

Reactions: Le philantrope

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Honestly... the thing that bothers me the most about JD... is the entire double standard BS because hes a home town hero.

Young player, bound to make some mistakes. Yep of course, its part of learning and we should expect it and hope that he learns.

It just bothers me so much how he can string together a few awful games, and literally gets nothing for it at all in terms of punishment.

had that been any other player with a Russian sounding name he would be thrown to the 4th line.

JD is going to mess up, but its the double standard that just makes me not like him as much.

I mean I dont think its JD either, the last two habs coaches have had hard ons for french speaking players and irrationally hated others.

I just want a level playing field. French, English, Russian, ETC.... treat em all the same. Instead we get favorites and star treatment.

I don't think you punish a player every time they shit the bed, though. I understand some of the Drouin frustration since the player frustrates me too but it's not like he's been taking dumb penalties all year. He took responsibility for doing something dumb and the coach called him out for it after the game. If he does it again he may start to get repercussions and he'd probably deserve it.

As for the hometown thing, I don't know if Julien really cares. They've happily punished Hudon for every mistake. I think guys who are established in your top 6 clearly have a longer rope than guys who aren't. I don't think Radulov was going to be punished for his constant offensive zone penalties (One of his only issues) because he was Russian, he wasn't punished because he was our best forward. Different story for Semin. Maybe it's not fair, I'm not totally sure but I really don't think it's a hometown thing. I think right now Drouin has been one of our better forwards and our 2nd most productive player and until that stops, he's probably not going to play on the 4th line.

Reactions: Le philantrope

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Totally disagree...in fact a lot of people on this forum bash him....because...he is French. The guy as the same number of points so far than Toews...20 points in 24 games

He was by far... the best player ont the ice for the team last game..... before his penalty ... and he played a lot better games so far than bad games...be objective please..

French players treatment...give me a break..look at Hudon... you must be one of those yellow people (as Gainey said who booed Brisebois at the time)

In this province there is some dumb French people who loves only French players and I hate that...and there is the opposite also...some dumb people from the west Island (who does not speak French at all ..wow) who hates French players

Jees I am tired of all of this

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Totally disagree...in fact a lot of people on this forum bash him....because...he is French. The guy as the same number of points so far than Toews...20 points in 24 games

He was by far... the best player ont the ice for the team last game..... before his penalty ... and he played a lot better games so far than bad games...be objective please..

French players treatment...give me a break..look at Hudon... you must be one of those yellow people (as Gainey said who booed Brisebois at the time)

In this province there is some dumb French people who loves only French players and I hate that...and there is the opposite also...some dumb people from the west Island (who does not speak French at all ..wow) who hates French players

You're not alone. These fans just come off as uneducated though. And hipocrites. Let's just not get to their level.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Drouin got us in to the game when everyone one of our forwards couldn't get us going. Drouin is the guy who lit the spark for us. Without Drouin, there is no comeback. Get that through your head. It was also an unintentional penalty. He had to protect himself quickly and that's what came to mind. Obviously it was a bad penalty but he didn't mean to do that. The penalty was also moments after a Bruins player tried to knee him in the corner. You have an undeniable vendetta against one of our best young forwards. He's going to be a very important piece of our team for years to come so whether you like him or not is irrelevant. The fact that you say he would be a great figure skater is an awful take. It's not that funny either. If you would've watched the game, you would've seen how Drouin drilled some people. Did you see his hit on Marchand? He was physical. This year tries hard every shift and leaves it all on the ice. He forechecks too. He's also the most skilled forward on our team by far. You come across extremely biased here and it makes me wonder why you hate Drouin so much.

I don’t “hate” him.
I, and my 12 year old daughter, think he would make a better figure skater than a hockey player. This is not “hate”. Just an opinion. Be careful when using that coin. Hate? I hate f***ing brussle sprouts.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I don’t “hate” him.
I, and my 12 year old daughter, think he would make a better figure skater than a hockey player. This is not “hate”. Just an opinion. Be careful when using that coin. Hate? I hate ****ing brussle sprouts.
So I get it, you think like your daughter, a 12 years old. Don't have to say more than that. Your opinion is idiotic. You don't need to repeat it ad nauseam.

Also, your perceived 'better at figure skating' Habs player is one of Habs best players. What do you think of all the other bums that are playing for the Habs then ? What about Mete, who had like 1 bodycheck in 50 games last year ? What about Matthew Peca, should he be doing speed skating ? What about Deslauriers ? Youppi ? Shea Weber ? Wrestling with bears ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Drouin92

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I don’t “hate” him.
I, and my 12 year old daughter, think he would make a better figure skater than a hockey player. This is not “hate”. Just an opinion. Be careful when using that coin. Hate? I hate ****ing brussle sprouts.
Let me rephrase. I don't understand why you dislike Drouin so much. Don't try and spin it like you don't have anything against him though. You also ignored my post and picked out the six words you didn't like. You think like a 12 year old. Explain to me why Drouin would be a better figure skater than a hockey player. No contact is not a valid reason because he doesn't shy away from contact. Give me a few good reasons. Backup your opinion with one good reason.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Drouin who had proven absolutely nothing decided Not to report to the AHL was a warning sign that should have been evident to every GM in the league. The guy is an overrated primadona. He can’t even take it upon himself to stand after games while being interviewed. I appreciate the talent but talent is only one part of the equation.

Reactions: Habs178

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
When Drouin who had proven absolutely nothing decided Not to report to the AHL was a warning sign that should have been evident to every GM in the league. The guy is an overrated primadona. He can’t even take it upon himself to stand after games while being interviewed. I appreciate the talent but talent is only one part of the equation.

What about mackinnon who refuse To go To baie Comeau because it was 100% speaking french City...

Drouin said To all his teammates last game that it was on him...it is not enough for you. It is more than enough for me because that his teammates did nothing the entire game and drouin was by far the best player on the ice..

Btw after he went To the ahl...he came back and was the best player for tampa during that epic 7 games séries vs pittsburgh.

Talk To anybody who knows drouin and galchenyuk personally and ask them who is the primadonna....you Will be surprise..

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Yeah we sure see the "double standard" on these boards

:rolleyes:

Yup the irony apparent on these boards is blatant

Then again, Doug Ford exists in this country

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Stick it to hockey and I will gladly have a conversation with you but if you insist talking about figure skating you're most probably not on the right forums. As for implying that Drouin dislikes physical confrontation vs bigger men, you might not be wrong on that but he's still much tougher than you are, and he might've lost his temper but to me it highlights a team's weakness, in not having anyone able to relieve that kind of pressure from it's top line players.
David Krejci had the backing of Chara but still unloaded himself on Pleks three years ago, costing Boston at least a point in similar fashion. Some players don't lose their shit when the stakes matter. Others do. Drouin falls into the latter category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad