Prospect Info: Jonathan Davidsson - RW

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel vindicated in being outraged a few weeks ago when Davidsson was a healthy scratch in Belleville.

Davidsson looks like he can hang at this level.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Is Jonathan Davidson Craig Anderson’s child? Or do they just go to the same hairdresser?

upload_2019-12-13_6-32-27.png
upload_2019-12-13_6-32-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-13_6-32-36.png
    upload_2019-12-13_6-32-36.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Chabobombski72

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Are the 2 guys flanking him on skates is the real question
That's Hogberg to his right; he's 6'5 which is half a foot taller than Davidsson is listed at and I think it might be L.Brown on the other side (really hard to tell).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I see glimpses into his makeup that are Alfie-like. Hopefully come TDL, he and others will get more minutes. Love his board work, tenacity and release

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if he stays beyond this year ? We need to get him as many games to get his salary close to what he would make in Europe or I bet he returns.

I doubt he grew up dreaming to play in Belleville Ontario for $175 000 where he can make $3-400000 in beautiful Euro cities.

Reactions: aragorn

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Does he make the team next year or is he likely to plan in the AHL for the majority of the season?

Likely AHL if he is healthy. He's suffered a concussion at the end of 2019 season and another last season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Another small soft speedy skilled minor league player who is further down the depth chart. My guess is that he will either be traded or at some future point will return to Europe. I don't see him playing on a future Sens team, even though he plays RW a position where they are thin . Hopefully, his injury history & concussion issues are behind him. I'm a little surprised he hasn't been loaned out to some European team already tbh.

Reactions: bert and Cosmix

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
It seems interesting to me that many people were high on this guy at the early stages of this past season, and felt he could definitely make the Sens roster, and now it seems he's a permanent AHLer until he goes back to Europe. Were the 6 games he played in the NHL this season that bad?

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It seems interesting to me that many people were high on this guy at the early stages of this past season, and felt he could definitely make the Sens roster, and now it seems he's a permanent AHLer until he goes back to Europe. Were the 6 games he played in the NHL this season that bad?
Yeah, it feels like he's barely played since we acquired him. Guy has some bad luck. Apparently, he almost cracked the Blue Jackets out of training camp in 2018. That's almost all I have to go on for him though since I just haven't seen him play much and Belleville was pretty stacked last season. I'm hoping for a big role in Belleville next season with all of the graduations we should see.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

The opposite actually, he stood out in probably 2/3 of those games he played and was one of our fastest players. He was also constantly on the puck and has some underrated playmaking skills.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The opposite actually, he stood out in probably 2/3 of those games he played and was one of our fastest players. He was also constantly on the puck and has some underrated playmaking skills.

He makes Ennis look like a power forward. I can't see how he gets enough of a shot to stick.

Reactions: aragorn

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Recency bias. Other guys like Norris really shined in Belleville, and he was injured and didn’t play many games. He has a shot at being a top 9 winger, he showed well in his limited time in the NHL.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He makes Ennis look like a power forward. I can't see how he gets enough of a shot to stick.

Are you implying that he was soft? He was noticeable every time he was on the ice in the limited ice-time he got and was all over the place. Not every NHL player needs to be like Brady, hockey is still a game of speed and skill and some players should be encouraged to play that way if it best suits their style.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you implying that he was soft? He was noticeable every time he was on the ice in the limited ice-time he got and was all over the place. Not every NHL player needs to be like Brady, hockey is still a game of speed and skill and some players should be encouraged to play that way if it best suits their style.

Ya ... I am. His lack of physical strength will always limit him. I doubt he could be as effective as Ennis who has a hard enough time staying in the league.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I thought he played well in limited viewings but his health is concerning. Hopefully he's healthy and gets some top 6 minutes in Belleville this year.

He's definitely up against it to make the roster with all of our prospects having an extra year on him while he was injured. Two NHL teams have liked him enough to consider him a NHL player in the making before the age of 22 so there is something there.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Ya ... I am. His lack of physical strength will always limit him. I doubt he could be as effective as Ennis who has a hard enough time staying in the league.

Ennis is 30 years old and has played over 600 NHL games, how is that a hard time staying in the league? If he plays another 3-4 seasons on some team's 3rd line he will retire with over 700 NHL games played, so not a good comparison on your part.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ennis is 30 years old and has played over 600 NHL games, how is that a hard time staying in the league? If he plays another 3-4 seasons on some team's 3rd line he will retire with over 700 NHL games played, so not a good comparison on your part.

Well he signed in Ottawa for league min ... That's all I'm saying. I like Ennis, but I don't think JD will ever be as good and what is 2 steps below signing in Ottawa in a tear down for league min? That is where I think JD ends up.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I wouldn't say that. I thought he played well when he was in Ottawa but he didn't play a lot of hockey last year. There's a number of guys who will get opportunities before him. I wouldn't rule him out just he will be in tough.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I feel like him and Rudy get overlooked a lot. Both i think will surprise next season.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->